Bethany Christian Services Employee Reviews for Case Manager

Hated leaving
Foster care case manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAMay 20, 2019
Great group of people! Was so sad for my internship to come to an end. I would not hesitate going back to work there full time if there was an opening. Everyone is collaborative and welcoming
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Coming from a negative work-management position, Bethany has provided an excellent support system from management to coworkers. I feel supported and secure in my relationships with each member of my team.
Pros
Management/Workplace culture
Cons
Salary - but that is social service work
Fun place to work in
B.S.W Case Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIDecember 6, 2018
I was an intern and enjoyed the people. They were friendly and helpful. I learned a lot from my time there and enjoyed working with the clients and staff.
Management is all about themselves
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJuly 1, 2018
Upper management is not at all about helping their employees. If you don’t kiss butt you will not get far. Too many cliques. Director doesn’t know child welfare and is too busy enjoying company paid lunches and working on her personal issues on company time.
Pros
Some great co-workers
Good start
Casemanager (Former Employee) –  Crofton, MDApril 23, 2018
Great opportunity to learn and grow. Personnel and community engaged working for a very good cause. Very stressful and poor management, though.
Poor management, unkept promises of managers, no family time!!!
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, Grand RapidsApril 21, 2018
I do not recommend Bethany Christian Services, especially if you have family. Managers will say one thing and do another. It was the most exhausting and unappreciated job I ever had.
I don't envy new, naieve grads to work here especially. There's no training and very high turn over!
Sad because I loved the children! I'm so happy working with DHS now. I know my hours and get family time with lots of perks!
Please don't have your kindness taken advantage of. Work where you have stability!
Pros
I made a friends with others who understood our disappointment.
Cons
Please read details above.
Other staff were great and supportive.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
I loved my coworkers. They are hardworking, dedicated, loyal and excellent at their jobs. The management can be intimidating and too stressful. People often feel on edge and the stress gets in the way of the work sometimes.
good team, hard job.
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 6, 2017
Working in foster care at Bethany Christian Services definitely had its ups and downs. I worked with an excellent team of women who did what they could to serve their families, however, due to the nature of the foster care system, this job adds so much emotional and physical stress. The system expects way too much of foster care case managers and the workers are stretched so thin that the children and families end up suffering. I do believe that the team and the management within Bethany's foster care department is uniquely supportive and encouraging to each other and families, however Bethany as a whole is lacking in understanding the stresses of this department. I also believe Bethany is lacking in their focus on diversity in the workplace and has only employed band aid solutions for a deep rooted issue that affects clients.
Two years into the job management changed and the redeeming qualities vanished.
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIAugust 25, 2017
Continuously under paid and always will be. Most difficult part of job came with shift in management and lack of support and work life quality dropped and most employees hated coming into work.
Toxic Work Place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 2, 2017
This agency does not behave professionally. Management is very judgmental, do not value quality of work, but rather employees that suck up. Management discriminates against majority employees as well as people with outspoken personalities. Many occasion in which supervisor displayed favoritism towards white employees. Agency at times turned a blind eye to complaints from clients instead of reporting it to CPS.
Pros
Flexiable work hours
Cons
Management discriminates
Great place
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIDecember 2, 2016
This place has amazing people and an amazing work environment. You have monthly staff meetings to learn updates on each department. You have monthly team meetings to update on cases.
Terrible, hard, emotionally draining
FOSTER CARE CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Traverse City MichiganAugust 4, 2015
Foster care case managing for a non profit organization is an impossible job. The staff at Traverse City Bethany Christian Services was positively amazing. The job itself is awful. The salary is a joke especially when factoring in the amount of hours one is expected to work 60+
Friendly and helpful work environment
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 23, 2015
While this job is very fulfilling it is difficult to manage a personal life while working in foster care. This is largely due to the ever-changing demands of the job and emotional impact of the job.
Cood Agency
Foster Care Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIApril 23, 2013
Provide case management services for abused/neglected children, in foster care and for their families. Develop, with the parents, a goal oriented, time limited Parent/Agency Agreement and Family Assessment after the child is in care. Keep current and accurate client records, case files, record notes and medical records. Communicate and meet with foster parents assisting them and ensuring that appropriate care is given to foster children.