Bethany Medical Center Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 21, 2018
I work in a fast pace office. Love the providers and staff there. Just like all jobs there are good and bad days. Overall my experience has been good.
Pros
Working with Patients
Cons
Lack of advancement
they are closed
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 12, 2018
This was a fine hospital to work for. It is now closed and no longer exist. So this is not a good format to be reveiwing the company. This place is closed now
Great Team Work
Registered Medical Assistant /Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working in a culturally diverse team. On a daily basis we would experience any kind of obstacle and we always managed to resolve those obstacles as a team. The hardest part of the job was when our internet went down. What I learned at Bethany Medical was that if you work as a team there is no need to "bother" management. If there is a team effort then you can accomplish anything.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Too much of a turn around
Good First Job
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 25, 2018
The main thing I can say about this job is it's a good first experience. You will definitely get all the experience you need in such a short time but this company is not employee friendly or provider friendly. Way too micromanaged and not enough pay for what you do. Its a good stepping stone.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No loyalty
Cma
Medial Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 26, 2018
I love Bethany medical center. The people there were very nice and there was a lot of hands on for me. In the back office I learn a lot and I would love to work and continue with my career as a Medical assist. I really enjoyed drawing blood and given injection. I did my externship at Bethany medical Center for school and so I am looking for a job as a CMA.
Na
Point of Service (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 10, 2018
I greatly expanded my knowledge of Excel. I was given the chance to support several other departments while working there. If you like being chained to a computer 8 hours a day it's perfect.
Don’t waste your time on a company that does not care!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 7, 2018
First of all they care nothing about staff whatsoever! They fool new staff into thinking the reasons they do not give raises is because of their “monthly bonuses” that’s bogus! In order to get that bonus you have to literally do the doctors job so the company can make a certain amount of money a month which is a lot to get the bonus and even then there are still reasons why you are not promised that bonus every month so DO NOT BELIEVE THIS! The upper management I think is some kind of cult they get paid double bonus a month just from talking about staff every month they are the worse for gossip and drama in the office and tell staff everything they shouldn’t! This company and upper management, team leads are a joke! You will literally get worked to death while they sit on their tail and do nothing and no matter how well you do your job you are never ever going to get appreciated here! The staff here are ALL MISERABLE and all say they are looking to get out.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Everything but the free lunch and patients
Exciting place to work. I learned a lot.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  21 N 12th st Kansas City, Ks 66101February 21, 2018
Bethany Medical center is no longer in business.
As a CNA there I received my assignment, and did hands on patient care for the patients, assist with the activities of daily living, ambulating, feedings, oral and skin care.
Pros
Hospital setting, Learning experience
Cons
short breaks
Bethany Med Center
Medical Assisting Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 19, 2018
I learned a lot from working there. I learned iv placement as well.They don't give raises and its no room for growth. The hardest part of the job was I had to work every weekend when i was told one weekend out of the month. The most enjoyable part of my job was i got to help people.
Pros
free lunch everyday
Cons
No raise. 15 min lunch on weekends.
Exeperience at Bethany Medical
Internship Site (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
The Patients at Bethany are nice and understanding. I loved working with the doctor and the PA's. It's important to work with good staff. The hard part was short-breaks wanting and the office gets busy. Overall it was a good experience.
Pros
gained experience
Cons
lack of communication
Horrible place!
CMA (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 26, 2018
The management is horrible!!! They talk to employees about other employees! They start drama between employees. If your right out of school great place to get your 2 years. Other then that run!
Cons
Managment
Not for me
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 8, 2018
Lots of drama at BMC, coworkers are awful to you if they don't like you, rude patients and rude providers.I really think that they treat you more like a number rather than a employee.
Pros
time off
Cons
drama and more drama
Unfortunately BMC closed in 2001
Critical care RN, Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 3, 2017
Unfortunately for the Kansas City Kansas communities, Bethany Medical Center closed in 2001. It was a great place to work with many dedicated physicians, nurses and supportive staff.
Great place for experience
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 8, 2017
I use to work for Bethany Medical. But unfortunately it didn't last long. Don't get me wrong it's a very good place to gain experience, but if u looking for a career not so much. The job it self was easy, but the staff are pretty much every man for it's self and they only see what they wanna see(meaning you can give your all but to them it not good enough). I feel the place could be more friendly there was a lot of attitudes going on in there. But like said it's a great place to gain experience but don't get COMFORTABLE..
Pros
Good for experience, fast paced
Cons
Bad attitudes, some slow days
Had a good boss
Switchboard Operator/Medical Records (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC 27265November 1, 2017
I enjoyed my job. I liked helping people. Somedays got so busy, it was rather hectic. I liked my boss and some good people to work with. My boss was a good lady.
Ok job
Medical Assisting Clinical Internship (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 8, 2017
I did my internship at Bethany Medical Center. Not a bad facility over all to work for, but there was some cattiness amongst a group of co-workers.

Good experience.
An awesome work place to work with different verities of providers
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCAugust 8, 2017
Awesome place to work. If you are ever in North Carolina and need a place of employment, look no further BMC is an awesome place to call your 2nd home
They took care of employess
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJuly 16, 2017
I really enjoyed my job there. They allowed you to move around. They provided you with scubs. And you recieved bonuses.You were allowed to move around in the company.
Pros
free scrubs and bonus.
A Good Job.
Security Officer, Second Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working here but the hospital was closed down several years ago and torn down shortly thereafter. It was shift work so lots of late/early hours, Weekends and Holidays, double shifts, etc.
Pros
Fun Work, good staff.
Cons
Hours.
Learning place
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 15, 2017
Productive and good place to work stright out of school will learn a lot of skills. Will have to work a Saturday and Sunday once a month, have some Hoilday's off.
Pros
free lunch sometimes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethany Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight