BETHANY WOODS NURSING AND REHABILITATION

• Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Bethany Woods

I enjoyed working at Bethany Woods at my first medical job. It was a great experience and I learned a great deal that helped me as a nurse and also encouraged me to pursue nursing.

Poor management

They change your job roles very often. A few people run the whole place, They work very short handed most of the time. I enjoyed working with the residents. Hardest part of job was having so many patients to medicate

Pros

Loved the residents. Had good insurance

Cons

No appreciation, be prepared to work short handed

Their for the paycheck

Hectic when walking in the door. Short staff, With the staff there, 90% are on their phones instead of answering call lights. Staff will leave nurse on hall by herself and stay gone over an hour. Nothing ever said. Management, there isn't any. I feel sorry for the patients and the staff that does do their job.

Pros

decent insurance

Cons

Short staff, pay is low for all staff

Horrible place

They treat housekeeping and laundry terrible, you can’t get your yearlly, measley sixteen cent a year raise because the supervisor is too lazy to do the paperwork.Upper management is a joke, they, in no way are qualified, lowest paying job I ever had, do not work for this company!!!

Pros

Great group of nurses. Management is always willing to help. Nice caring environment. Team work is a given at Bethany woods. This was truly my home away from home for many years. I miss the nurses i use to work with.

Pros

Free lunches, vacation.

Cons

Short breaks.

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Terrible place.

The current management has their favorites and will throw you to the wolves at the drop of a hat. They treat housekeeping and laundry staff like dirt under their feet and won't let you talk. They stop you before you can ask questions and tell you to leave the office. They are very unprofessional and let employees dress like they just rolled out of bed. Steer clear of this company, especially housekeeping dept. The supervisor isnt a supervisor. I have a word for this person but i don't want to say it here. Terrible place to work, just awful

Pros

Cons

Dumb management, lowest wages in the county, terrible working conditions

A wonderful Nursing Home

This is one of the most rewarding places to work. The residents are supported well, and the staff is helpful. There are many opportunities for growth and climbing the ladder.

Productive and interesting

This was my first job out of nursing school and it was great. I loved having the same patients most of the time and was able to see a sudden change in their condition. I loved the opportunities for overtime. The Director of Nurses is great and very easy to talk to.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Shortage on CNA's at times

very stressful, fast paced job, lazy co-workers

you work 8 hr shifts 6 days 2 day off a week and every other weekend off as well, even though they will call and text you on your days off and try to get you to work 16 hr shifts while not working with other schedules such as school doctors.

Bethany Woods

It was an average job. Management was okay and peers were amazing, but pay was low and benefits were just average. The building itself could use some work, too.

great place to work if you are looking for something in the medical field

My typical day of work was to provide staff with their daily assignments where they would be working on a daily basis. I learned that as you get older that you may need someone to help you because you may not be a independent as you use to be. Management overall was great and fair to everyone. Loved working my co-workers because they always show a way of making you feel like you do a great job. The hardest part of my job was seeing a resident that you was close to pass away and the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet all the residents and to make them feel welcomed as well as staff.

Needs new management due to hiring immature employees

A typical day at work for me includes doing my job and everyone eles. Its very hard on me to pick up my other employees slack. I did learn that i am a natural caregiver and love and care about the people i take care of and was truely made for this profession. The job isnt hard on my by itself because I do enjoy it. Its mostly my co-workers not doing their job or careing about the residents that is the hardest thing for me to cope with. the most enjoyable part of my job is known that everyone is happy and taken care of. I love when my residents tell me thank you and they miss me when im off. I also love whe my hall nurses brag on me to other people and tell me thank you for working so hard. It gives me a reason to keep working so hard without complaining.

Pros

residents are sweet

Cons

co-workers, attitudes, food, staff, equiptment

They run the facility very well and it was fun working there I miss everyone

Helping with daily activities, hygiene, bathes, showers, dressing, changing doing our adls on computer, co workers were great, the hardest part of my job was losing our patients, I loved spending time with them and getting to know them I learned a lot about the different kinds of patients and diseases they had and how to treat them as a person.

Pros

2 days off for full time

Cons

short breaks and long hours and pay rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BETHANY WOODS NURSING AND REHABILITATION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

BETHANY WOODS NURSING AND REHABILITATION Reviews by Location