Bethel University Employee Reviews

Christian Based College
Inhouse Recruiter (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TN 38201July 11, 2018
Promotes education to employees, has christian values, salary is reasonable. Good place to work. Not a lot of room for growth in certain departments
meh
Certified Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJune 13, 2018
Upper management is all a "boys club" and if you are not in, you are out. Anyone interested in actually helping is snuffed out very quickly. People on the ground are nice though
Loved my co-workers just couldn't deal with new boss.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  225 Cherry Mckenzie ,TnJune 11, 2018
Loved my job at Bethel but new boss was awful. If she hadn't have taken over I would still be there.I enjoyed everyone I worked with enjoyed the students and I hated to leave but I just couldn't deal with the mess.
Pros
good work enviorement
Cons
not very good benefits
Bethel universirty
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMay 20, 2018
Normal day where people are friendly .Also it is a quite town and teacher are willing to work with on a day to day bases. Not only school wise but work as well.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Not a low of room for improvement
A great place to work
Teaching Assistant (TA) in History Department (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 16, 2018
I really liked working at Bethel University. Everyone there is very encouraging and are just good people to work with. The atmosphere is productive but not stressful. It also is a great Christian environment to work in.
College life atmosphre
Lead Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 15, 2018
Fun & exciting place to work all the students & faculties enjoyed the way food was prepared & severed with a smile. Employees worked as team in providing quality food & service.
Pros
Free meals & work incentives
Cons
Breaks to short
Great opportunity to get teaching experience, with fun and smart coworkers and supervisors
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 10, 2018
Working as a Philosophy and English department teacher's assistant at Bethel involves grading papers and quizzes, leading review sessions, answering students' questions, and interacting closely with professors. The small department and class sizes made this job very fulfilling and valuable, because I got to know the professors and students personally, and had the opportunity to do a variety of different tasks, which gave me a glimpse into what it would be like to be a professor.
Fun workplace, working with great people
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNMay 8, 2018
Cleaning offices, dorm rooms, bath rooms, student center, gym.

Ensure that bathrooms have tiolet tissues, paper towel, and hand soap

Cleaning of furnitures.

Ensure the proper safety measures in usibg cleaning chemicals.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, wages
Na
Director/Founder (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMay 4, 2018
Great School and culture. Beautiful campus. Very friendly and supportive staff. Able to use leadership skills and make executive choices within your role.
Ta
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNApril 10, 2018
Teaching Assistant

Tutored and mentored students

Tutored and developed students to succeed

Created and organized presentations for class

Chose creative direction for class and presentations
Nice people, little room to grow
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 1, 2018
I worked there as a TA. Very flexible hours. Very little room to grow, there were no promotions or raises as I was a student teaching. I enjoyed my time there.
Fun place
Tutor (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNFebruary 5, 2018
Good work environment, good place to learn and grow, workplace culture is great, a lot of things to do on your down time, management id great let you grow and mature
Part time Student Tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNFebruary 4, 2018
I worked as a student tutor. I had an excellent boss in that department and the work was not stressful. However it was only part time and I worked 20 hours a week
Fun fast paced with great managers
Cashier & Server (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNFebruary 2, 2018
Cashier: Responsible for checking and closing cash drawer balances, cleaning areas, and restocking items
Server: Ensured guests were served food, cleaned dining area, assisted kitchen staff with end-of-shift clean-up
Worked well under pressure at a fast pace to ensure dishes were cleaned to industry safety standards
During tenure with Bethel, cash drawer always had the appropriate amount of money at the end of every shift
Developed key skills to work well in teams, training new staff members, and instructing others to accomplish their tasks
Pros
Fun working environment with room to advance
Cons
No real benefits and pay isn't very much for new emplyees
Bethel University
Department Coordinator - Business & Economics (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 2, 2018
Bethel is a Christian college and the people are committed to providing a top-notch education to its students. The tuition benefit is excellent for its employees and their dependents.
Pros
95% tuition benefit for full-time employees and their dependents
Cons
low salary
Changed Culture
Basketball Coach, Athletic Admistrator (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNJanuary 23, 2018
The working culture changed at Bethel over the 20 years I was there. The emphasis changed from helping young people grow spiritually first and for most to needing to wing consistantly.
Pros
Good students to work with as a coach
Cons
The 3rd supervisor I had was a nice person but did not have any experience in athletics.
Great work place, supportive & helpful team
Mckenzie - Business Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKenzie, TNJanuary 13, 2018
Bethel University provided me with a great team of fellow employee's that were supportive and helpful. If I ever had a question they were quick to help me out. This job provided me with some great skills.
Resource Starved
SERVICE DESK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 10, 2018
Bethel is like other private higher-ed organizations, financially struggling for survival. It is a resource starved environment and has all of the stress caused by it. Each person is expected to do the work of more than one person and in some cases the work of several persons.

A typical day at work involved absent leadership at all levels. Then came the managed chaos and hard work. Leadership would spontaneously emerge to "catch us" or to rant about something that went wrong.

Culturally, Bethel is simply a business trying to survive the present financial storm and find a place for itself in an uncertain future for white Evangelical higher-ed. As such, it will squeeze employees as hard as possible in a constant sea of downsizing and re-orgs. The culture is somewhat of a grinder and not for the meek.

Setting aside the cultural and leadership issues, some of the kindest people I've ever met work or study at Bethel and it was a privilege to get to know them.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of encouragement by leadership
Adjunct instructor, fair pay, good hours, stress free if you are proactive
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 2, 2018
I enjoy working with students at Bethel. My supervisor is very supportive and is available to help if I need aid with something. I am provided everything I need to do my job.
Pros
good students, fair pay, respectful management
Productive work place
Assistant Director of Tutoring Center (Current Employee) –  McKenzie, TNDecember 27, 2017
I started out as a student worker and when I graduated I kept my job in the tutoring center. I was paid minimum wage, but given extra hours. Most tutors were not given benefits because they were part time, like me. But the benefits that the professors and other hired workers is worth the time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethel University. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight