Bethesda Health Group Employee Reviews

Over worked. Under appreciated.
Business Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethesda DilworthOctober 1, 2019
Working for Bethesda in any of its locations you will find that you are under trained and expected to over perform. Underpaid, but treated like salaried individuals. With none of the benefits I might add. You are constantly harped upon while never getting recognition. You will be railroaded into either quitting or being terminated when you are either not an asset or begin to Think for your self. The culture is terrible. You are horribly stressed. HR works for the company. Not you. With a high turn over rate you are expected to pick up the work and complete your own at the same time. Management will not help you. Manage is either never helpful or not available. (same thing) Bethesda is a place I'd recommend if you are merely wanting to get experience. Hard work. Undeniably underpaid for expectation and work. Do not trust. End of story.
Pros
Eto
Cons
Everything else
Great
Sever (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 8, 2019
They are really good at helping you when you first get there. It is a great job to for people who are just now starting to work. The team is very strong in how they work together.
very good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 8, 2019
typical day at work was awesome did walk thru was greeted by caring nurses to work under i learned how to be a sufficient nurse assistant i loved my job
Nice people to work with
LPN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 22, 2019
Nice place to work, good team work, good benefits. Supervisors are eager to help you when working short. They do give bonuses for working over and you can get plenty of overtime.
Pros
Pleasant people to work with
Cons
Doesnt work with your school schedule
Info
Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2019
Good life work balance. Pay is low for industry. Very little advancement opportunities. Other employees are nice. Management easy to talk to. Overall 3 out of 5.
Importance of every shift is worth sharing with all employees.
Door Attendant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 31, 2019
Best part of the job was dealing with the residents and providing to their needs. Difficult part of the job was the lack of usage of my training skills when possible. When asked management worked closely and well with employees, providing team leadership. Working 10:30PM-7:00AM read all documentations by previous employees, do a walk through the building checking exit doors making sure they are locked. Pay attention to building monitor, answer incoming calls, and answer questions from visitors. Stock and set up coffee bar for residents in the morning. Devise wake-up calls to residents that requested them. Set out breakfast foods for continental breakfast by 7:00Am. Call 911 when needed, should a resident fall or accrual of a fire. Send E-mail of 911 incident to proper channels of corporate management. Document all incidents of the night shift in the employee Log Book so everyone would be updated with information from previous shift.
Pros
Healthcare.
Cons
Continuing education.
great place
Director of Nursing (DON) (Former Employee) –  Blackjack, MOFebruary 26, 2019
Bethesda was a great place to work. very collaborative as well as innovative. The company was lacking with respect to technology, however made up for it with fantastic compliance and support services.
Great place to work with the elderly, Very low pay.
activities assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakville, MOFebruary 25, 2019
I have met so many new people at Bethesda. I enjoy my job and look forward to interacting with residents on a day to day basis. Pay on the other hand is Terrible. I am full time and I make $10.19 an hour. When I can go across the street and make the same amount of pay being parttime. For me this is only a temparary job untill I can complete my Degree, I would never actually make a Career out of this. Bethesda really doesnt award their employeese for the hard work that they do, I also feel that the staff Is overwoked and under appreciated by upper management.
Pros
interacting and spending time with residents, Benifits
Cons
LOW pay
Great place to work with really great staff!
Resident Companion (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 18, 2019
I loved working at Bethesda. The staff is welcoming and collaborative. They helped me integrate to the workplace and feel right at home! Would definitely recommend.
Pros
great staff
Relaxed
Part-time driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 16, 2018
Bethesda has a relaxed culture. My environment was collaborative. Very flexible in some departments with scheduling. The pay for middle and lower level employees is low. High level management employees get paid very well. The benefit package is about average to below average.
Pros
Relax culture
Cons
Low pay
Corporate culture is changing - not sure if it is what i am looking for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Alton, ILOctober 9, 2018
Bethesda is a not for profit company that has historically care about their employees - with new corporate management - changes have occurred. Not sure yet if they fall in line with mission statement. A lot of long time employees are loyal to Bethesda and are close with their co-workers.
I have made some great friends and met people who truly care about their residents/jobs and coworkers. I have had some wonderful managers and mentors that have helped me grow in my different roles.
Resident Companion (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed working with all of the residents at Bethesda Health Group. The management was really easy to work with. I learned that I enjoyed helping people.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is the residents.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2018
I love the residents which makes the job enjoyable. since it's senior residence, I hate when the residents that you've become friends with passes. That's all I have to say.
Pros
residents employee appreciation fund
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun workplace with activities with the elderly
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJune 3, 2018
I enjoy working with the elderly and feel I brought some happiness into their lives while I was there. I was empowered to use my creativity and enjoyed my time there.
Pros
flexibility with my school schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun home like atmosphere
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 25, 2018
If you are looking to work for Bethesda you should be a person with a compassion for what you do be reliable, professional and a team player. Bethesda is a great place to elevate in your professional career.
Pros
earned time off
Stay away from salary positions
Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2018
Hourly was fine, but do not come here if looking for a management position in nursing. You will have no time for family or anything outside of the job. Your work will be micromanaged and if you are a strong employee, you will be leaned upon so heavily that you will burn out quick. There is a very good reason that this company cannot keep nurse managers for long. Do yourself a favor - if you are a registered nurse with a desire to advance, go elsewhere!!!! The residents are the only thing positive about this job. But Work enough double shifts on off hours and you will get too tired to be able to help them anymore. The only ones that get paid enough to work this craziness are the interim managers that continue to get hourly pay and overtime. DO NOT agree to a salary position with this company, you will regret it I promise you!
Pros
Residents
Cons
Long hours on all shifts for little pay
low pay, but comfortable work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Webster Groves, MOApril 13, 2018
They do not pay you anywhere near what you are worth, nor what is necessary to live in the area near any of their locations. The residents are always kind however, so it makes it a bit less stressful when you have some kind faces to look forward to. If you are anything outside of their corporate jobs, you are overworked and underpaid unfortunately. No benefits unless you are full time, and they avoid awarding you full time hours at all costs. If you are a nurse-- stay away, you will be spread so thin, and underpaid immensely. As for the receptionist, you are tasked with a few odd jobs that are not in the job description, which is a bit surprising sometimes. As far as other office assistants, transportation, and housekeeping, you are at the bottom link in the food chain. Good luck haha. However, if you stick around for over a year, you are eligible for a review and possible raise... so I guess that's something to look forward to. Bethesda just has a problem with underappreciating the people who do all the hardest work. They should reward people more, as there is no real incentive to do a good job beyond your own conscience.
Pros
kind residents for the most part, fairly casual work atmosphere
Cons
low wages, no free lunch or drinks, hard to get full time
Incompetent Director
Staff (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 5, 2018
Top heavy management that likes to micromanage and reside in past experience, low pay, long hours, no compassion for employees, tyrannical Director who knows nothing about hospice and regulations with a Clinical Manager that is extremely over worked with no time to catch a breath or be able to provide best practice bedside care. Total disregard for employees who are left to fend for themselves instead of providing appropriate and adequate training to ensure employee/patient satisfaction.
Pros
Cons
Low non-competitive wages, no autonomy, micromanagement
Great people to work with
INTERN HR ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 11, 2018
Great people to work with, collaborative atmosphere and encouraging. Good ideas are backed up with the needed resources.

I would recommend folks to work here
kitchen work
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 18, 2017
wash dishes and pots, cook and serve food, sweep and mop the floor, and clean work area. typical work for a high school kid, best was working on Sunday mornings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethesda Health Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?