Bethlen Home Skilled Nursing and Rehab Employee Reviews

Best Job Ever
Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PASeptember 28, 2019
The management is awesome. They really work with you and your schedule. If I was ever to move back to Pennsylvania, I would be sending them an application for rehire.
It overall wasn’t bad
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PASeptember 8, 2019
It really wasn’t that bad. It was really busy and then super boring. Doing snack cart at the end of the night was nice because you got to interact more with the residents. In the kitchen though there was a lot of drama which I didn’t like very much.
Stressful and understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAAugust 16, 2019
Very stressful place to work. Understaffed, under paid, and over worked. I would not recommend this place. Back stabbing is insane and the prettiness between employers is ridiculous.
September 5, 2019

Bethlen Communities continuously strives to improve. We take all comments seriously. I would be happy to listen to your concerns and can be reached at mstiles@bethlen.com.

chaotic place, always changing expectations and rules.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAAugust 2, 2019
I started my day running because always short staffed. Management did not know my name and runs the place like a click of cheerleaders. Lousy benefits.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
no breaks, no rule enforcement, VERY clicky, no respect thought of as a lowly CNA.
September 5, 2019

Look a little longer, steer clear of this place, employees don't matter
RN (Former Employee) –  Bethlen HomeJune 17, 2019
Work hard and don't receive any recognition. Company is led by an uncaring, unprofessional and mean individual. You will be disposed of if you cross one of the "chosen few." Company needs a leadership overhaul.

Poorly Managed
Nurse (Former Employee) –  LigonierAugust 20, 2018
Bethlen home is poorly staffed a lot of favoritism poorly managed and also there is a lot of Ants in the building ! Plus before I quit I heard through out the building Bethlen was behind on there bill! There was no future for me
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Very stressful

Amazing Company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAJuly 31, 2018
I absolutely loved working for Bethlen. If i did not relocate to Georgia, I would still be working for them. The Management team is awesome, the schedules are great, the travel expense compensation is a huge plus, and I could not express my love for this place any more. Definitely a 5 star work environment.
Pros
Positive work environment, great management, awesome clients, flexible schedules
Cons
None.
Easy to work with staff . management is helpful and understanding
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAMay 22, 2018
I worked for this company for about two years . I started about the age of 17 and I just got my CNa certification. I learned new skills and was given a proper training . if I have any questions I can easily go to one of the managers or another coworkers and they can help me with my problems. I loved working here the staff and residents feel like family .
Pros
Free breaks flexible hours
Cons
Over time short staffed
High turnover rates and become understaffed very quickly
LPN (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAMarch 28, 2018
The work is tremendously stressful, and a lot if that comes from being put into a position where you have to juggle a lot and often don't have the power to move things along. High acuity, Not enough time for basic patient care. High turnover rates and become understaffed very quickly!
Pros
Clean
Cons
Unhealthy work environment

Unfair
Dietary Aide/Cook (Former Employee) –  LigoinerNovember 24, 2017
Unfair termination. HR didn’t do a proper investigation.went to union and they agreed but they refused to give my job back. Then union gave up. Was told by union that they would help and they did nothing.warning if they don’t like you they will find a way to get rid of you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
To much favoritism

Good Culture
Intake Coordinator/Home Health and Hospice RN (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAOctober 5, 2017
Good culture, often worked in the evenings doing computer work. Management was ok but no room for advancement. Would recommend this company for employment.
favortism is the way for advancement
manager (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAMay 18, 2017
not managed well by CEO, cut throat style of leadership, loved the position I was in, company is losing money which is causing a negative working environment. no room for growth
September 5, 2019

Need your help if you are a compassionate, honest, hard worker.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethlen Home rehab and acute careSeptember 17, 2016
Working at Bethlen is a challenge. The CNA position is a hard, stressful job. I truly love my job. The management is lacking. They rarely enforce rules, are disorganized, lacking communication, and are generally not concerned with employees. I will say the scheduler is very easy to work with, she goes out of her way to accommodate.

As with most CNA positions the staff is overworked and underpaid.
My co-workers are concerned for the care and comfort of the residents and would like to see more staff available. We hit the floor running and continue to run for the next 8 hours.

This is a union position, a plus. The benefit package is average. There is opportunity for overtime and some bonuses.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Hard to take a break of more than 5 or 10 minutes most days.
very physical job that I attempted to return to work force to early
Afternoon charge nurse and staff nurse, was unable (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAApril 4, 2016
I worked afternoon shift, had completed all pre job training. was on floor as RN, I was injured in a car accident and attempted this job at 18 months after. I continued to have pain and had to ask for a less physical position. there was none available.
I learned my knowledge base remains strong. management is eager to knowledge, but movement was not easily done. Co-workers were great. everyone worked hard and as a team.
Hardest part of job was at that time my physical limits.
Most enjoyable was getting to know residents.
Good company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethlen HomeDecember 7, 2015
Bethlen is a good company with amazing people. Sometimes we are short-staffed, but many times, co-workers work extra shifts to ensure things are running properly. Hoping to see some positive changes in the near future.
Pros
Good benefits, paid breaks.
Cons
Watching the Budget in the upcoming months
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAApril 21, 2015
Corporate Office under new leadership which is eager to down size the labor force and delegate majority of the job duties to fellow co workers.
excellant reputation
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ligonier, PAApril 5, 2014
small agency , CARF accredited. CCRC which helps to promote agency within local community. Solid positive reputation.
Review
Dietary Aide and Cook (Former Employee) –  Ligonier, PAAugust 9, 2012
I enjoyed patient interaction. When I delivered meals, I was always pleasant and tried to have meaningful exchanges. The hardest part was when I had to cook.
Pros
close to home
Cons
staff conflicts