Bethpage Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2018
It's very fast paced depending on which branch you work at but the management is very supportive and the workplace culture is positive. There is also a lot of room for advancement so it's a good place to grow. The hardest part is keeping up with the regulations, but that comes with all credit unions. The best part is the people there. I loved all my co-workers and managers and BFCU has really built an amazing community of people who care.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
short breaks, rules are sometimes restrictive
I can never recommend Bethpage enough! Both to bank with and to work for!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, NYAugust 19, 2018
Never before or since have I worked somewhere with the support and care that Bethpage puts into their employees. As a Teller, my training was a month long, to make sure I could answer just about any question put my way, and could refer members to appropriate services. If I ever had an issue, the support materials provided were invaluable, and you could also easily rely on your teammates. There was never really an "us vs them" feeling with regards to the hierarchy, it was always presented as a team with clear advancement opportunities. If you were clear on what you wanted, Bethpage would pull out all the stops to help you achieve your goals, because it also achieves their own. But they're always more than willing to put in the effort needed to help you. I banked with Bethpage for several years before I got a job there, and if they had branches in other states, I would probably still be with them. As it stands, I still have my accounts with them, and always will. I've never encountered a more caring, supportive corporate environment than at Bethpage FCU.
Pros
The environment, the support, the advancement potential, pretty much everything!
Cons
Some managers aren't the easiest to work with, but most are great. It can be stressful at times.
Productive and Encouraging
Part Time Teller (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYJune 27, 2018
They encourage you to advance and to learn and their pay structure is very competitive. Fast paced environment and you are rewarded for doing your job well.
Busy Day
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 30, 2018
The hardest part of the job is not enough teamwork. The institution has grown in the stockroom but not enough support.I feel that they need more assistance/
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Poor Senior Management and doesn't communicate
Volunteer work
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMay 23, 2018
VITA is volunteer tax preparation. It is a fun experience, you trained for two days, they provide lunch. And you get to help the community, and gain experience.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 18, 2018
Bethpage was a great place to work. Many advancements in positions and departments. Management was great and supportive. My time at Bethpage was a good experience.
Productive environment. Help was readily available
SENIOR MORTGAGE UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 9, 2018
A typical day would be working in the Elmont Branch which has since closed down. The clients were all members of the bank, so they mostly had good credit and were able to get approved.
The volume of work sometimes became stressful due to the amount of files that needed to be completed.
Pros
Great money, no micromanaging
Cons
Job relocated out of state after a year
Great company to start a career
Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYApril 9, 2018
A great company to start a career in retail banking. Advancing in retail baking, you’ll learn much in consumer lending, cross selling, and specialized account opening. If you’re interested in advancing your career further, most roles are in retail banking management and competition for back office roles is high. Great benefits, work life balance, and generous vacation time. 401k match is very generous. The executive leadership leads the company in the right direction via OLB experience.
Pros
401k match, entry level advancement, vacation, leadership
Cons
Most job opportunities are only in retail
Good place and environment
Volunteer, VITA Program (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYApril 3, 2018
Good place to help assist with volunteering your time to help perform tax returns for individuals. I was able to use this experience as good material for my resume.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Productive and fun place
Branch Operations & Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYMarch 13, 2018
Everyone that I've worked with at Bethpage was driven, motivated, team oriented and fun loving! After getting exposure of various departments and traveling to various branches during my time there, I got to truly experience the beautiful work culture across the board. Great growth potential, great people, great fun!
Sr. Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYFebruary 13, 2018
Very good work atmosphere. Management is good to their employees, Our employees are helpful and train new employees on their computer system. Great place to work!
Pros
Excellent Work Atmosphere
Cons
Good work hours
Great team to work with
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 9, 2018
The Company itself is great for people who live in Long Island and New York as a whole. They are not willing to expand into other areas in the tri state area.
Pros
Parties and time off
Cons
Lack of Vision
Fast paced workplace
P/T Teller (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Good salary with room to advance, good group of co workers. Larger credit Union with chance to get overlooked because if so many employees. In the teller position not much flexibility with your schedule.
Pros
Great employee parties, good pay
Cons
Not much flexibility, start off part time, a lot of meetings
Fun and professional place to work
Site Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BethpJanuary 16, 2018
Very nice company to work for , excellent environment and culture . Everybody seems friendly , they oriented to work and you can do the job so easy. The best organization to work for
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Part time job
Overall
Loan Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 16, 2018
Overall great company to work for. They primarily promote from within. Lots of food and yearly bonuses based on company, branch, and individual goals.
extremely customer oriented business.
Manager IRA Department (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYJanuary 10, 2018
while working in back office, a very relaxed atmosphere. You may have occasionally worked long hours but at your pace. Nice people, nice managers. Working in the branch was a completely different atmosphere. extremely stressful, and sales driven.
Productive and fun work place
Corporate Building Front Desk Banker (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYDecember 24, 2017
Lots of room for growth, learning and advancements.

Management is fair and works with you to accomplish goals.

Members and staff are warm and friendly.
Loan Processor
Senior Loan Processor-Temp (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 14, 2017
The management was well situated with the department. The mortgage department has since then recently moved to a southern state as their main location.
cut throat - dis honest company
Temporary Mortgage Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethpage, NYOctober 13, 2017
I was terribly discriminated against at this company. I worked very hard and was a complete professional. Unfortunately it is being run into the ground with poor management. Especially in the HR department!
Fun Workplace
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Port Jefferson Station, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Everyone in the work environment is friendly from hire ups to your co workers. One can make life long friends within in the company and moving up is fairly easy./
Pros
Raises, Advancements
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bethpage Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about