Better Business Bureau

St. Louis, MO7 reviews

bureausaleconsumeraccreditationbenefitaccreditbusinesscomplaint

Better Business Bureau insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

I didn't work long enough

I volunteered there. I enjoyed the position. I helped negotiate between complaints and companies. I'd be on the phone, collect emails, photographs and hear from both sides of any issues.

Commissioned Based

To make money be prepared to write at least 25 applications a month. Staff and managers are nice. Database is bad, a lot of old and outdated information.

Pros

Benefits

Cons

Repetitive Work

Daily Routine

200 outbound calls to businesses to discuss accreditation. Monday through Friday. Sales Floor consist of about 12 reps. Business are located in the Eastern and Southwest Missouri and Southern Illinois

good for foreign students to understand different cultures

This job is good for foreign students to understand different cultures. Work is not overwhelming since you have plenty of time to talk with colleagues and do not need to work all the time. However, it is still tough because you need to mediate through phones and talk with different strangers. Some person are really not friendly. You need to be brave.

Great Opportunities, Poor Management

Working at the BBB, I found my calling in customer service. A typical day at work would include arriving around 8:15am every morning and getting to work on complaints and emails that came in after the previous work day. At 9am, our phone lines would open. I myself would handle upwards of 100 calls per day. I learned to multitask; answering phones while typing and operating programs on the computer and also while sometimes answering other employee's questions through instant message or email. I came up with new ways, other than how I was trained, to make my work easier and I passed those techniques onto my coworkers. I loved the work and being able to help businesses and consumers resolve issues. I believe the St. Louis BBB could use better management skills. They fired employees we needed and explained this was because our statistics showed we didn't need them. After these employees were gone, it caused extreme stress on the rest of us that management failed to see and resolve in a timely fashion. They seemed to be more concerned in saving a few extra dollars and taking in more revenue. There also seemed to be a conflict in interest taking place as management had family employed and held relationships with employees. This caused us to have employees that were not fit for the job, but able to keep it to make sure their relationships ran smoothly. There were plenty of opportunities for advancement and great benefits.

Pros

Pay, Experience, benefits, hour long lunch breaks

Cons

Poor management decisions, not enough care for employee work conditions

This was a rewarding position

Input data in computer; serve as reference for consumer, filed complaints and inquiries against businesses

Helping the surrounding communities

A typical day for me was filled with 100+ case files that required my attention.. I learned that many consumers/businesses have disputes that require 3rd party assistance, in order to be resolved.. As the Assistant Director of Dispute Resolution, I was able to help resolve disputes for over 1,000 cases.. I really enjoy helping people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Better Business Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss