Betty Hardwick Center Employee Reviews

A very rewarding place to work
HCS Residential Trainer (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 13, 2018
This is a very rewarding job personally. It is great to be apart of a team that makes a difference in lives on a daily basis and you get to see your efforts and the effects that you have on these individuals. Encouraging people to be independent as possible and to better themselves on a daily basis is an awesome feeling. Everyone who works for this company is really encouraged to do their best on a daily basis. We have annually trainings, suicide prevention, crisis line information for the community, and other information at our disposal to help anyone that may or may know someone who needs services. Our CEO and HR and other management personnel have an open door policy and I think that this great. There doesn't tend to be I am better than you attitude that I have run across here so far. Everyone that I work with in the homes have been more than willing to answer any questions that I may have whether it is job related or a question someone has asked me personally about services that may be offered. I have already been able to assist some people in my church and equipped my Church Pastor's with the Crisis Line Number, and information about other services offered because they are in contact with a lot of people who are seeking services on a weekly basis. It is also rewarding to me to know that I am giving back to community as a whole when I equip others whomever they be with some information that they can use. A lot of people that I encounter aren't even aware of some of these programs available or have only thought that the Crisis Line was for MHMR clients only. They  more... didn't know that anyone can call the Crisis Line and talk to someone at anytime. You don't have to a client at all. Sometimes the hardest part of my job is some of the behaviors that these individuals exhibit and to realize that they may be in adult bodies but their intellectual levels are not of an adult. Sometimes they are fully aware of their behaviors but it's part of who they are. The most enjoyable part of my job is when the residents say thank you for helping me do ...or thank you for teaching me...or just thank you for listening...thank you for understanding....  less
Pros
Getting to eat meals with the individuals in a family dinner setting.
Cons
Really no breaks. There are down times though in my shift. Usually before I start cooking dinner, after the individuals go to bed, etc.
A family based place to work
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXNovember 7, 2018
Each co-worker was kind and loved their job. Every co-worker came to work each day with a smile on their face. We worked together as a team to meet the needs of our consumers.
Pros
Family Based work enviorment.
Cons
Heartack of lossing a consumer
Local Authority
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXOctober 17, 2017
Management is flexible. There are plenty of opportunities for training and possible advancement. There are many programs that fall under the local authority and help many individuals in the community.
As a peer specialist treated like dirt.
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 21, 2017
It was all about the Benjamins. Paperwork was more important than the people. Needed a drug program but wouldn't do it because it cost to much. It was more like a babysitter than counseling.
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Long hours short pay
Productive workplace, team effort in place
Rehab Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMay 25, 2017
Workplace was run professionally. Adequate training for growth in the workplace, as well as supervisor input to improve performance. Monthly performance reviews to ensure client satisfaction and employee performance.
If you enjoy case work then Betty Hardwick center is the place to work.
IDD Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 27, 2016
the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the changing paperwork and pushing customer service. The management forgets how hard it was when they were out in the field and should show compassion to workers who are still out in the field.
Pros
free lunches, building relationships with community
Cons
workload
Poor Managment.. lack of training.. over worked
Case Manager / QMHP (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 12, 2016
The MH program director (JW) is disrespectful, headstrong and "my way or the highway Mentality". He isn't a team player, very rarely available and doesn't offer corrective criticism in order to promote healthy and positive change and growth for Employees. The has been cover ups on inappropriate contact with clients, it is not a professional environment that is appropriate for clients and employees.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment, high turn over, no physical protection for employees from aggressive clients.
Unappreciated
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 19, 2015
The management there is the worst and the HR director is the worst. They use bully tactics and belittle you. They say that they want to hear your side of the story ,but that is not true. They have already made their minds up about what they want to do to you. They provide no redirection or ways to improve. They handle consumer complaints very poorly.

They cannot maintain good staff if they tried because they are always mocking them and they do not appreciate them.
Pros
The people you work with
Cons
Management, HR director
Betty Hardwick was a good place to work
Mental Health LVN (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working with individuals with mental disabilities and handicaps. I got along with staff and put all of me into my job.
Pros
Working with children, making a difference, great hours, inclement weather days, holiday pay
Cons
heavy workloads daily, lack of respect at times
HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 4, 2015
Great organization that provides compassionate care to MH and IDD clients across 5 counties. Great management team with a strong desire and passion for the care of clients.
Pros
work/family life, part of a "family" atmosphere, fun activities for employees
Cons
Lacking in some benefits