BevMo! Beverages & More Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for extra cash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2019
This is a fun job, many customers are planning parties and are typically friendly. I learned a ton about beer wine and spirits. However the hours are pretty low, I was at 12 per week when I quit and there was no wiggle room for more. The majority of management positions went to outside hires which hurt day to day operations. Benefits were offered but were too expensive for a part time employee.
Pros
Fun job, flexible schedule
Cons
Poor benefits, low hours
Great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAAugust 22, 2018
I really liked working a BevMo. It'd a fast paced friendly energetic place to work. Managers are really great along with co workers. Great environment and fun place to work.
Pros
Great music, people are fun to work with.
Cons
Wish they gave you more hours.
Flexible with scheduling and fast paced
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 3, 2018
An associates day to day duties include working the register, stocking, helping customers, answering phones, cleaning, and following closing and opening procedures.
Pros
Flexible for those who have school.
Cons
It is a normal retail job.
productive workpalce
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 9, 2018
always organized always something to do. friendly work environment with alot to learn. management could have been more motivating and helpful. always alot of work to be done
Fast paced work atmosphere!
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 30, 2018
A very fast paced atmosphere where your shift often passes in the blink of an eye. Due to it being the Holiday season, the store was almost always busy with customers loading up for their holiday parties and with gifts. My duty was to keep the shelves stocked with liquor and to help customers find what they were looking for.
I learned a lot about different types of alcohol, different mixed drinks, and also humans.
One of the hardest parts of the job was sometimes the crush of humans coming from every which side. I was always exhausted when I got home from dealing with so many people! I loved stocking, though.
Pros
Lots of friendly coworkers, reasonable hours, nice discounts
Cons
Aching feet!
Not the best place for a real valued job.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 20, 2018
I worked there for over 3 years, never late and never called in sick ! Hours kept being cut to the bone and the employees were cut throat to the max. I loved my customers buy not how BevMo was run.
Pros
Discount
Cons
No room to advance, pay was terrible unless you complained to Corporate.
fun work enviroment
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santee, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Work is fun ringing up customers. Working freight to the sells floor. Doing returns and exchanges for customer services. I learned to find product in and out of our store for customers. The manager creates stress free work enviroment. The coworkers are all nice and easy to work with. The most difficult part of the job is keeping the selves full of product. Talking with customers about their favorite wine, beer and spirits is the most rewarding part of the job.
Pros
wine tastings
Cons
short shifts
Fun at times.
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 30, 2017
Fun at first. New management is running business in to the ground. Too many changes. Promoting from within should be their priority. Not bringing in people from the outside
Fun, flexible environment!
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 3, 2017
My experience with Bevmo! was fantastic. Management very mindful that we have lives outside of work that needs our time. Fair scheduling, fair pay, and fun!
Pros
environment, management, educational
Cons
can be slow at times
Great company with opportunity to grow and enjoy yourself while learning
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 8, 2014
Great company and fantastic staff. I had the opportunity to coach and counsel some great people. Made excellent relationships with all vendors and more importantly our consumer.
Friendly environment and a place where the hard work is rewarded
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 24, 2014
My first impression was about the clean and organized space.
My work consisted in greeting every customer, helping them out locating items, stocking and managing the inventory and cahing out the clients.
The management was friendly and knowledgeable.
Overall is a woderful workplace where all of my duties were enjoyable and there are not, in my opinion any downsides.