BevMo! Employee Reviews

Awesome company
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Really great company to work for! The enviorment is mostly relaxed but when holiday seasons come and sports games are starting to pick BEWARE. All my co workers are GREAT!!!
Pros
Discounts, FREE tastings, and tasting for product knowledge
Cons
Slow bussiness some months, hours
Work influenced by holidays
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CASeptember 29, 2017
Always work holidays and most weekends because they are the busiest times in the alcohol industry. Fun place to work with little down time, but tasks aren't to difficult.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Holiday work
Worst Job and even worse district manager and HR
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90048September 20, 2017
At Bevmo it gets pretty busy with people yet we are always under staffed. Two women closing together and that is dangerous but the company does not care. When you speak up about things that go on you get fired.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
productive, position will have you multitask often,but great environment
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 12, 2017
I worked at the Santa Clara location for about a year and had a good time working in my position as a retail associate. Worked cashier, sales floor and did customer service daily. Management is straightforward and honest. They'll teach you the basics on everything you need to know. As of product knowledge, you will have to challenge yourself and learn about the stock they have. Even if you don't know theirs always other staff members to help you out. Great environment to work, your coworkers will get you through the day.
Pros
Fun, knowledgeable co-workers, in store discounts, Free Tastings
Cons
short breaks, independent training, inconsistent hours
Fun place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 3, 2017
Great store to work in, very educational. Direct store manager is a tough but fair guy who looks out for his employees. Upper management leaves a lot to be desired, sometimes feels like they are working against us, cutting hours and enforcing nonsensical policies. Store manager promoted me to the management team after a little more than a year of hard work.
Pros
Very educational and fun environment
Cons
Upper management
BevMo Emploee - 6 months
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 13, 2017
Overall a pleasurable experience with great co-workers. Customers are generally great to assist. Knowledgeable staff and a genuine desire to help. Overall a great experience.
Dont sell your soul
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 1, 2017
BevMo started out being an amazing company to work for. I had fun doing all sorts of things, moving different stories, helping with the company. But then, it took a turn. Most of the people writing these reviews of course say its a great company to work for because they are mostly cashiers so none of the worry or stress falls on them. They come in for 3-5 hours and then leave. They dont get the million emails or phone calls on things that need to be fixed, the knitpicking that continuously happens, the low work compensation for managers etc.
Fast, fun and caring work place
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 19, 2017
It was great work experience. I enjoyed working with this company very much. There was never a reason to complain about coworkers or managers. I felt very welcomed to the Bevmo family.
Fun Job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 7, 2016
Lots of fun day in and day out, but for the management team you're required to be there 45 hours a week and close and then open. By weeks end you notice that you've had no time for yourself and things just pile up for things in your personal life.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long Hours and just 1 hour lunch with no breaks
Very fun workplace with plenty of room to grow
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 15, 2016
I have gained countless knowledge working here. Its an incredibly welcoming and friendly enviornment and everyone there is great. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job in the alcohol business.
easy place to earn second income with half the work load
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 8, 2016
I normally work only two days in the mornings where its typically slow and easy, I like both days with my manager and enjoy learning the details of the product
Pros
easyt pace job, learn about the different tpe of dinks
Cons
short break to do nothing or lil time to eat or use the facilities
work place with a nice inveronmet
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAAugust 30, 2016
Is the place to work where you learn about winery ,meet all kind of nice people ,I wish to have the oportunity to be part of the working team ,thank you BevMo
Pros
learn about all kinds of wines
Cons
wish to have of the benefits
A typical day at work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 22, 2016
Bevmo! is one of my favorite jobs because I have learned and grown within the company. I have learned about different wines and how to make exotic drinks for any occasion. I love the management and would love to be part of it someday.
Pros
free tasting
Cons
10% discount, short breaks
It's a decent part-time job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 8, 2016
The environment, co-workers, and most customers were great. It's a fun job and I learned a lot about alcohol. However, the Store manager was terrible, unprofessional, and definitely had some favoritism when distributing hours. Overall, when not having to deal with the store manager, It was a great job. Would definitely love to work there again.
Pros
discounts on alcohol, friendly co-workers, fun.
Cons
Store manager, hours, Job growth.
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 15, 2016
Bevmo! is a fun place to work and you get to work with some great coworkers and customers, however the pay can certainly be improved.
Fun Place
Head Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 29, 2016
BevMo was a really fun place to work. I just felt like they could have done a little bit better in terms of compensating employees and showing appreciation. You work long, exhausting hours; especially weekends, holidays and big sporting even days. To be on your feet that much is definitely hard on the body.

I love my team that I worked with! We laughed every day and had a blast. It was fun to talk with customers and either learn from them or share my knowledge.
Pros
Fun. Beer and Wine tastings
Cons
Long hours on your feet.
Happy team = Happy Customers!
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAOctober 12, 2015
Enjoy working at the Visalia location. Very fun environment! The only downside is Store Manager and Assistant Manager are the only ones allowed to have a FT position. All others are part-time.
Good college job
Sales Associate/Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJuly 27, 2015
I worked here in my last two years of college and had a very fun experience. When an incident arouse, the company was not supportive in helping me recover from it.
Pros
Fun environment, enjoy customers
Cons
Not many hours, not supportive
Great work life balance, but not a career
Sales/Cashier (Current Employee) –  vista, caJune 11, 2015
I enjoy being here and met a lot of great people. I feel this job is only good for extra income. If you want to make a living this is not for you. If you want extra cash and meet some cool people, then apply.
Pros
Co-workers, customers, and product knowledge
Cons
Not enough hours
Poor Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAApril 29, 2015
The management was very poorly organized. I felt like our store manager was more concerned with how corporate viewed his success over the concerns and the needs of his employees.