BevMo Employee Reviews

Needs improvement
Lead Bevmologist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 31, 2018
Fun place to work if you enjoy talking about beverages. Management is easily approachable. They will work with you if you have second job. Need to improve on overall communication with staff. Not adequate compensation for workload expected of leads.
Pros
Fun environment. Good second job.
Cons
Low work wage. Training.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Wine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walnut, CA 91789August 22, 2018
BevMo is a great store and was a fun place to work. Everyone was always friendly and we were always kept busy. My first manager did a great job at keeping moral high and also keeping us busy and working hard.
Relaxed on week days
Ca - clerk/cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAAugust 13, 2018
Hours were flexible because you didn't get many at all. Management was struggling but the environment was fun. Customers were great and overall a good job for part-time.
overall great work environment and a great company
Shipping and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 3, 2018
overall positive work environment in which some of my duties included placing large product orders, as well directly overseeing all the ins and outs of all products, as well as processing all invoices for all orders and shipments.
Employee's were great to work with. Hard work ,but fun at times
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAAugust 1, 2018
Employee's were great to coach and train. Working with the customers had fun times . Great atmosphere, but hard work especially around holidays. Learned plenty of knowledge from tastings and classes that were offered. Wrote all schedules,cash handling, inventory controls, order writing in all departments and mentoring assistant and head clerks to help them advance their careers.
Pros
Spirit and beer Knowledge
Cons
working holidays, and all Saturdays
Not Bad back then
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 24, 2018
Great manager back when I was working there...quit because new management coming in was terrible and there was no more room for advancement from my position.
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 19, 2018
Definitely a fun job because of the tastings and the customers, many of whom are coming in to shop for a party. Basic retail job that is all about stocking, signage, and loss prevention. I did learn a ton about liquor/keg and ID laws as well as different types of beer wine and liquor. However sales were low and directly affected hours,
Pros
product discount
Cons
unpredictable hours
Faced paced
Head Clerk/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 15, 2018
I love being able to help customers out a lot have become really good friends. It’s fun to sale what love. It does have its moments of crazy so don’t get me wrong it’s not all butterflies
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 12, 2018
I miss helping others, and working with my coworkers, and doing a good job, and making a difference there. was a great place to work, and if I could return I would.
Pros
good job, good people
Cons
things were not always the way they should have been
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CAJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company, I learned a lot and got to make life long friends.I would absolutely love to go back and work for this comapany
Great dedication to the whole craft.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 2, 2018
An extremely inviting atmosphere, with knowledgeable staff; Servicing thousands of guests in a day, all with a supportive team.
very minimal challenges.
Pros
Discounts were nice
Cons
part-timers no benefits
Great place to work as Stocking and cashiering
Stock Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 18, 2018
I have been working for this company for almost 5 years. but it great place to learning understanding about wines and beers. I was stock clerk and very high stressful work to catch up the deadline. Cashier are so easy to deal with it.
Pros
they offer discounts
Cons
poor managerment
Expectations are to high
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAJune 14, 2018
Corporate is constantly making knee jerk decisions. Corporate expects so much from associates but then they don't give enough payroll hours. Wages are low from all the work load & responsibility you are supposed to have. The company doesn't stand behind their own policies accurately and they don't stand behind good associates...they go by "everyone is replaceable" which is wrong to do and it definitely doesn't help build a team. I was with the company for over 14 YEARS & I gave all to that company, opened 15 plus stores, multiple remodels, ordered beer & built relationships with vendors & customers and they were quick to fire me without any prior warnings or write ups. They wouldn't even give me a chance to right any wrong I supposedly did. So they really don't care about employees or how long you've been there if you are on their bad side they will get rid of you...and I say that because what I was supposedly fired for people at the same store are doing the same thing with no consequences.
Pros
Building relationships with associates & customers
Cons
Corporate decisions that usually have a negative impact at store level
Cheers!
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 7, 2018
BevMo is an enjoyable company to work for with attentive leadership and a fun environment. Goals are clearly communicated regularly. Things are always changing and the changes come fast and I think it speaks to leaderships' attitude toward improving and working well for clients and staff alike in a fast-paced world. Any business this agile, however, is bound to struggle with what I call growing pains that arise with the introduction, adoption, and implementation of new products and practices, but I can see the long term benefit. I'm excited to see what happens next.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, product knowledge, networking
Cons
Low wages
Fun place to work
was made head cashier (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 4, 2018
Typical day at work would be talking to customers, organizing and cleaning. great culture and fun place to be every day. Most enjoyable part was organizing.
Productive and super cool people to work with
Sales Specialist/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 12, 2018
I've worked with BevMo for over a year and couldn't be any happier in a part time workplace. The hours are decent, the coworkers are great, management is well (in the 2 stores I've worked in 59&126) and the enviorment is always great.
Pros
Discounts on products, product tasting for knowledge, and fun managers
Cons
You forget to take your 10 when you're working cause it can get busy, and some customers can get upset when you don't have certain product.
Productive and a very fun place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 7, 2018
Working for BevMo was my absolute favorite thing! I loved my Store Manager, my District Manager and my coworkers! You learn so much about the products you’re selling and you’re having so much fun doing it! Given the chance, I’d for sure go back!
It all depends who's in charge
Receiving Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2018
Worked with Bevmo for awhile, gone through a couple different store managers. The job itself is not hard and allows flexible hours. The job was initially actually fun and enjoyable, but depending on who your boss is the job can be awful. However this is true with basically any job. For a part time job I'd definitely recommend giving Bevmo a shot, when it comes to trying to find a career/full time job path I'd say avoid at all costs.
Corporate revolving door and lack of insight make managing a store very difficult.
Store Managment (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAApril 30, 2018
Corporate lacks insight into the daily operations of it's stores. The pay for base employees is Minimum Wage, which is fair, but coupled with the few hours (7-10) offered means that as a Manager you will be constantly hiring and training new employees. The pay for Managers compared to their added responsibilities is not scaled appropriately, often just $2 over Minimum wage. As usual, plenty of holiday bonuses at the corporate level and none at the store management level.
Great people to work with
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 25, 2018
Everyday was a different experience, customers were always nice, management not so much. There definitely is lot of work to do if you had the time to do it because you maybe be both the cashier and the stock person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BevMo. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight