BevMo Employee Reviews

Productive and super cool people to work with
Sales Specialist/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 12, 2018
I've worked with BevMo for over a year and couldn't be any happier in a part time workplace. The hours are decent, the coworkers are great, management is well (in the 2 stores I've worked in 59&126) and the enviorment is always great.
Pros
Discounts on products, product tasting for knowledge, and fun managers
Cons
You forget to take your 10 when you're working cause it can get busy, and some customers can get upset when you don't have certain product.
Productive and a very fun place to work!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 7, 2018
Working for BevMo was my absolute favorite thing! I loved my Store Manager, my District Manager and my coworkers! You learn so much about the products you’re selling and you’re having so much fun doing it! Given the chance, I’d for sure go back!
Corporate revolving door and lack of insight make managing a store very difficult.
Store Managment (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAApril 30, 2018
Corporate lacks insight into the daily operations of it's stores. The pay for base employees is Minimum Wage, which is fair, but coupled with the few hours (7-10) offered means that as a Manager you will be constantly hiring and training new employees. The pay for Managers compared to their added responsibilities is not scaled appropriately, often just $2 over Minimum wage. As usual, plenty of holiday bonuses at the corporate level and none at the store management level.
Great people to work with
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 25, 2018
Everyday was a different experience, customers were always nice, management not so much. There definitely is lot of work to do if you had the time to do it because you maybe be both the cashier and the stock person.
A good place to work in college
Sales Associate and Front End Assistant (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
A fun, relaxed environment and will help any employee master their customer service and management skills. It had flexible hours and a positive environment but unfortunately its not a place you can make a career out of unless you move far up the ladder from a sales associate position.
Cons
low pay
Exciting, fast paced environment
DIRECTOR SUPPLY CHAIN OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 18, 2018
Fun and fast paced environment. Company goals and strategies are clearly defined and well communicated. Teamwork is key component of day to day operations.
Fun place to work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAApril 9, 2018
Fun company to work for. No stress but can be hectic at times .I call this my fun job.Selling alcohol and talking wine to customers is great.I like the people I work for and with.Worst part of job is having to be in two places at one time because of lack of employees.
Pros
short shifts usually 4 hours.Discounts on perchases
Cons
Only management is full time.
BevMo
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
I really enjoy working for BevMo. The staff there are kind and caring. I have learned so much working for them. Its a great job to have if you are going to school full-time. I would 100% recommend this job to anyone.
Decent job for what it is
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 13, 2018
For what it is, it’s a decent job. Took over a year to get a pay increase even though I continually took on more responsibilities. Corporate management is basically a joke. Hopefully the new hires will change that.
Pros
Willing to work around your schedule
Cons
No benefits for most employees, low pay
Excellent like family
Retail Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Studio City, CAMarch 4, 2018
Great place for hard-working golem. This venue had everything necessary for people to succeed. compounded with the vibrant personalities of family-like people.
Fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 2, 2018
Fun easy job. Good staff and management. Good hours and good benefit. We always get first dibs at new products and we have staff meetings that are fun
Okay Place to Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Great place for second job or career in management if desired. Keep your head down work hard and you can get ahead quickly. Lots of room for advancement if you are willing to work for it. Fun employee culture becoming more corporate run less individualized.
Not enough hours
Associate (Former Employee) –  Antioch, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Too many employees. 9 hour work weeks do not pay the bills especially when the employee makes minimum wage. If I could work more than three days a week that would be great. But two days for 4.5 hours each is not worth my 12 mile bike ride to work.
Cons
Low work hours
bevmo
Sales Associate and Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 24, 2018
Honestly, the district manager hated me because i was too goofy or having fun. For all my jokes and being light hearted I never got any level of advancement. After 5 years, not single promotion because of the district manager
Ok place to work for some extra cash
Cashier, Sales, Keg orders, Inventory (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Its an alright place to work at, just don't be excepting much from here. Its true I did have fun working there at first but after time you would get tired of it as there really isn't promotions or advancements to be had.
Pros
10% dicounts on everything and 30% dicounts on 5cent wines sales
Cons
No raises or advancements
great company
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 13, 2018
this was a great company to work with. the staff was always fun and out going and management was laid back. this was good for just a temporary job......
Good Place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 8, 2018
This was a great place to work the people where awesome once a week we would try new wines and we got a lot of free stuff as well. The only thing that was bad is that we didn't get enough hours and it was minimum wage the max u could get was 30 hours but other then that eveyrthing else was good.
Pros
Fun Place to work
Cons
Not enough pay
Fun and Flexible hours
Customer service and sales (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAFebruary 3, 2018
Fun work enviroment. Workers and customers are generally happy. They have flexible hours and scheduling. This is a great part time job with opportunity for full time if pursued.
Pros
Flexible, fun
Cons
Part time work
Great for extroverts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colma, CAJanuary 25, 2018
If you are the type of person who likes to talk to people and loves alcohol, this is the place for you! Discounted bottles, great holiday deals and fun people all around. Management can be difficult but the associates tend to be lovely.
Pros
Discounted Alcohol
Cons
Can get very busy
Its pretty chill
Interim Lead (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 23, 2018
It is a small volume store compared to other ones so it is not to busy. The work load is not a lot but if you do not know the products you will have some trouble at first and if you like drinking you will pick it up quicker.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BevMo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.5

2.4Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight