Bexar County Employee Reviews

Amazing place to work
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2018
Great people at all levels. A great culture - coming to work is fun. I got to meet so many great employees throughout the County. Top Management listens to you.
Pros
Great training opportunities, Fun workplace, Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
No cons
Please go the other way!
booking (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Do not work here, that’s a fair warning. It seems like Bexar County is hiring any civilian off of the street. One female worked came from a daycare with no knowledge of how the jail runs, other new employees can barely type, new employees are flirting with inmates on a daily basis. The way the jail is being run now is a complete joke. My best advice is don’t work at the jail & especially don’t work at the magistrates office, that place is even worse than the jail. You have to be fake & accept that twenty people will talk about you behind your back the moment that you leave the room. No room for advancement. Both places are very micromanaged, not worth the pay. Wonder what’s going to happen when the magistrates office is combined with the jail. For your sake, look the other way.
Change Management Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
The people are friendly and positive. Management is working to improve culture. The best part of my job is working with numbers. The environment is great for a beginner.
Non Profit Organization NOT Bexar County Government
STARR Case Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 16, 2018
Working for Chrysalis Ministries has been a very fulfilling opportunity, Providing case management to vulnerable and diverse population of currently and formerly incarcerated individuals. Teaching life skill classes in treatment facilities, jail, and prison. Hardest part of the job is helping clients with mental health diagnosis and substance abuse history while being homeless. Limited resources to address client barriers,
Pros
Diverse population very meaningful work
Cons
Grant funded position
Friendly colleagues; long hours
Juvenile Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  Bexar County, TXJuly 8, 2018
A Bexar County Juvenile Probation officer was a stressful position. The caseload is extremely heavy per PO. I was willing to take a demotion to alleviate the stress.
Challenging
Civil Operations Clerk III (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 28, 2018
Working for the County of Bexar has and will be a place in my experience fun yet challenging informative . Servicing our citizens of Bexar County is a valid resource where our Judicial system is in need in different cases or situations . Establishing experience to serve the public in representing our Local elective officials .
Pros
Overwhelming a fast pace work environment
Cons
The public can be rude impatient at times
Most unethical place to work at.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2018
Very unethical place to work and it makes you think especially since they handle "ELECTIONS" They be-little if you provide feed-back or an idea that would either streamline a process or increase productivity.
Pros
hour lunches and two fifteen minute breaks.
Cons
Never any room for growth, always talked down to from main boss, no performance reviews ever or raises.
Bexar County District Clerks Office
Deputy District Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2018
No comment for the clerk office. Recommend that they start making the work environment better for employees because the turn around is ridiculous. The micro management is also ridiculous.
Environment
Deputy District Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 22, 2018
I did not work there very long to be able to provide a worthy evaluation of this workplace during my few months. They were strict on clocking in and out, and gave counseling if you worked too long past 4 pm. Management was hands off but did not seem willing to help to provide guidance on advancements.
Working with difficult students and unsupportive management makes every day a challenge.
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Various districts in Bexar CountyMarch 8, 2018
I taught for 20 years in various public schools in Bexar County. When the administration was good, the job was good; when it was bad......and it was bad a lot....it was a chore going to work.

As a Special Education teacher, I had the most challenging students. These are students who are not being successful under normal protocols, yet the resistance to doing things in a different way is intractable. Most administrators would rather have the kids fail according to procedures than risk exposure by changing the protocols.

Nonetheless, there is nothing better than working with young people. The energy around them is incredible and addicting.
Pros
Working with youth
Cons
Corrupt Administrations
Challenging Environment
Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2018
Every day there was something new and challenging to take on. There are many projects to take on in a variety of environments that offer unique experiences.
Guardian (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2018
NO career advancement good ol boy system. People with no Education holding positions that require education and they feel threatened by anybody with education or experience
Work ethics
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 29, 2017
I enjoy my job but some of the people that I work with make it hard for me to enjoy coming to work anymore. This could be a fast paced environment at times but manageable.
Slow paced
Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2017
Scanned documents and insured they were correct. Worked with other departments to correct errors. Slow paced and laid back. Great management. No stress.
Positive it's a team atmosphere
Pre-Trail Bond Officer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2017
I enjoy working for Bexar County because my day goes by fast. I am the Lead Bond Officer on my work shift and upper management looks to me for training new hires. They send me to the jail on certain days the Courts are open because they know I am capable of working by myself in this fast paced and stressful environment. I have been told over and over by my Superiors that I do great work.
Pros
Retirement, vacation and paid holidays
Cons
Short lunches, work weekends
Unhappy place to work
Clerk Office (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 12, 2017
Working for Bexar county gives you the impression that you work life should be the only life you have. The County is by who knows who and if your in the in crowd. Not much professionalism happens there. From the Older employees yes but younger generation is very unprofessional and rude. But this behavior is allowed with the County. You are always reminded your easily replaceable.
Pros
Enjoyed my work
Cons
No job guarantee every day
Working Experience
Staff Auditor IV (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
The retirement is the best benefit of working with Bexar County. The opportunities for advancement were competitive. Management were supportive and encouraging.
Hard working and Fun in certain aspects of the company
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Monitor and assist users with computer and application related questions.
Through training gained a lot of knowledge.
Management always on top of their duties and check in from time to time.
Very friendly environment.
Hardest part of the job was getting through traffic downtown,
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new areas apart from what we do in Computer Operations.
Pros
Great training seminars to further your career in the IT field
Cons
Budget cuts
Too much gossiping and the work doesnt get done
TEXAS (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 21, 2017
I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at Bexar County. No good management and the performance is lacking. The communication is poor, I didn't know who was my manager was and it took two weeks for the manager to introduce.
Pros
Close to nearby restaurants for lunch
Cons
Lacking of communication
Very competitive Workplace
Clerk Office (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 8, 2017
Very fast pace working environment, Must learn fast and not make mistakes, Not a very friendly customer service environment, Keep to yourself and just do your work, The work itself was very interesting and I found it to be very great learning experience, I enjoyed it, The atmosphere not to pleasant.
Pros
Job Stability
Cons
Unfriendly work environment