Beyond Emancipation Employee Reviews

High turn over for employees
Coach (Current Employee) –  Oakland, caAugust 31, 2018
I've only been there for 1 year and 26 people have left the job and counting. Management promoted their favorites and not best qualified. Youth lives are in our hands and employees are not held accountable for their lack of work. I enjoy my work there but if you like high turn over, favoritism, and lazy co-workers then this organization is for you. But if you believe you can make change in the lives of the youth and can deal with all I wrote, apply.
Pros
Laid back environment, feed you every meeting, the youth encounters
Cons
Low vacation time earned, turnover, favortism
A great place to assist youth who were aged out of care.
DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 3, 2015
The office space was great and working with community agencies to identify resources for the youth provided me with great collaboration skills. Working with the youth was exciting and helping them move to experiences was rewarding.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No Retirement Plan
Great coaching culture
Director of Finance and Operations (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Great company to work for. Very transparent incorporates coaching culture throughout the organization. Fast pace with employee great commitment to the mission of the organization
Interesting environment working hand-in-hand with Alameda County.
Director, human Resources/Business Operations (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMarch 13, 2014
As Director of Business Operations, my days consisted of managing and overseeing one bookkeeper and one administrative assistant in financial reconciliations and reporting; payroll, employee benefits, new hires and terminations, and employee relations. Additionally, managed IT issues and called in outside support when the problem was beyond my knowledge capabilities. Managed the following issues routinely: inventories, budget, safety, tenant / landlord needs and problems and pretty much everything else that the other management staff did not want to deal with. Member of six person executive team.
Pros
Work was interesting and the staff was great!
Cons
Location - compensation.
First year AmeriCorps
Peer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 17, 2012
This was my first year working as an AmeriCorps member. I really loved helping the youth get information and resources. Even helping them find a place to live