BF Joy, LLC

BF Joy, LLC Employee Reviews

BF Joy, LLC insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Perfect Fit!

I’ve been with BF JOY LLC for 1yr and 1/2 just at the beginning of Covid-19 in which I was given the opportunity to take lead with the ESC Department in which worked out great because management was fairly new, they took notice of my prompt professionalism an I was given a opportunity that was great for me because I’m the Perfect Fit for the position I know the people in the company well at this point so my job is to always make sure everybody gets back home to there Family’s safe and there able to have the items or equipment and materials they need to succeed for the job! Hopefully I can move up an become a Forman or supervisor for the company who knows I’m just thankful I was believed in!

Disorganized management.

I was set up to fail. No teamwork with fellow superintendent felt he was threatened and I wasn’t part of the good old boy network. Unfortunately was not given prior warnings, felt trapped, not a healthy environment for newcomer.

Pros

Pay & Compensation A+

Cons

Disorganized-Dishonest-Confusion-Undermanned-

Great Place to Work

BF Joy provides a dynamic workplace to grow in your career. There are a lot of younger people working here who make the work environment feel energetic and full of potential. Like most older companies, they have processes and systems that are outdated but everyone working here knows management is actively working on improvements. Overall this is an exciting place to work. Opportunities are abundant to anyone willing to take on responsibility and find solutions. Leadership is all about innovation. When they are convinced that a new idea, tool, or process will add value to production they move quickly to evolve and incorporate improvements.

Pros

Leadership

Cons

Old systems

Productive place to work.

B Frank Joy is a family own business that treated every one as family. They take care of their works and make time to celebrate their milestones. They also provided well catered functions.

Get out while you can!

Key personnel are leaving with a few more on the way out. Just a matter of time before they don't make payroll. Awful top 2 in "Upper Management" The rest are ok, but everyone is on pins and needles with the CEO and her right hand man. Scary place if you want a career. Fine if you just want a job

I enjoyed my experience and was taught a lot about safety. My coworkers were like a family they had patience with me until I learned how to work without supervision.

fun work place

lay underground pipe and put down man holes the culture was nice and i enjoyed while i was working for them and the hard part of the job is the heat and i learned a lot

Great skills to learn but horrible front office.

I've worked here for 2 years, this is not a job for you. The management is rude and unorganized. They don't care about their employees, very unappreciative of the hard work. They told me every week that they would send me to an operators class so that I could use the excavator and never did.

No work available

This place is a joke they say give them time to grow but in the mean time we don’t have any work available so we want you to travel to D.C where the home office is and inconvenience you and your family until we figure something out and the project manager in the Baltimore yard is a clueless tool and has never picked up a shovel in his life but if you get a interview you will see Good Luck

Official response from BF Joy, LLC

December 6, 2019
Thank you for your feedback. This fall, we had two customers eliminate a significant amount of work unexpectedly. This is an unfortunate reality in the construction business. BF Joy knows what a challenge a work slowdown is for our employees. We do all we can to make sure everyone has a chance to continue to work. Yes, sometimes that creates an additional inconvenience - no question. Although we are disappointed to hear you were unhappy with this process, we would like to emphasize BF Joy is committed to ensuring on-going work opportunities for all of our team members. Regarding our position on learning and growing; this is best described in our core values which states, “we consider learning, developing, and growing requirements to work at Joy”. Based on feedback from our employees, this mutual commitment is cornerstone to our 100+ years of success. Again, we appreciate your feedback and wish you continued success.

The less i say the better the company looks

Typical work day is like to do a job with what you have to work with, which in most cases is nothing to work with( no tool, equipment's and no material) in most cases. Management will enslave the worker but at the end of the day, they get the credit and the bonus. The will have meeting to warn you of what you are lacking, and will terminate you at the end of the years. Welcome to the chain gang, get hirer here at your on risk. You can expect a turn over every year, so its hard to tell who or where you will at or with.

Pros

Free uniform, gloves and jackets

Cons

watch for your additional pay from government jobs; (snatch it)

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BF Joy, LLC?

i love ping pong it agood workout

the company was ok laern alot with did tools but the pay was good and they try to kill you.that all you need to no about this company i cant tell you anything else sorry i would be lie.

Typical Day

Never boring. Great group to work with. The staff is hard working and very dedicated. They have an amazing group that focuses on boosting moral in the work place.

Workplace culture

It was a nice place to work. It is hard to have a typical day because things happen everyday. As I was leaving I introduced the company I was going to, to them and established and business sales that both companies benefited form.

Take home trucks

I think foreman should have an take home truck I also think that bf joy should supply foreman with a phone as well as the I pad Foreman should get 2-3 weeks of vacation tine

Pros

Guaranteed 40 hours

Cons

No take home truck

productive work place

Dynamic and motivated professional with a proven record of generating and building relationships, managing projects from concept to completion, designing educational strategies, and coaching individuals to success. Skilled in building cross-functional teams, demonstrating exceptional communication skills, and making critical decisions during challenges. Adaptable and transformation leader with an ability to work independently, creating effective presentations, and developing opportunities that further establish organizational goals.

No room for advancement

As an employee at B. Frank Joy I wasn't given room for advancement and received low pay. Appreciate the opportunity but I'd like to explore other options.

need better leadership, more advancement , more recognition for hard workers that go above and beyond expectations

The unstable work flow of hours doesn't allow family time constantly on the go with on call situations. the pay merit increase is never on time or very unfair amount giving for example 14 cent to a quarter raises. You work night, days and weekends dead end career. benefits are not good it destroys your income you bring home less and and pay more out of pocket. If it rains there is no money made for the day.

Pros

keeps you busy when there is work.

Cons

not enough pay

company is about company only

Here is a company will hired you with a smile and promises that will never be kept. This will leave you baffle and confuse, because nothing never goes according to plans. The office staff workers/ leaders gets the bonus and raises, figure the rest out. Watch your step here, your sweat paid for there easy living, you will learn soon/later. Pls serve your time well....

Pros

Free uniforms and snacks

Cons

company over family

Outside Environment

The work itself was fulfilling. I worked with some very positive people in a fair environment. The company was fair, management was questionable, however I appreciated the opportunity and learned a great deal day by day.

Pros

Colleagues were very positive

Cons

Management could use some training

Hard work

B frank joy is a hard working company. You must physical be strong enough to do construction. Hours are good. Coworkers are very helpful. B frank joy offer annual crab feast day which is very good to worker..

Pros

Hours

Cons

Heat and cold weather

BF Joy has great people working here and it's an incubator for learning the industry hands-on

I have worked at BF Joy for just over 2 years and have learned a tremendous amount about the construction industry. Employees who are willing to put in the time will get opportunities for advancement. The company hosts multiple company-sponsored events throughout the year.

Pros

training and development

Cons

healthcare benefits are mediocre

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BF Joy, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

1.4
InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight
  • BF Joy, LLC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?