BFG Marketing Employee Reviews

Fast paced-smart culture
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCMarch 7, 2019
Busy, fast-paced agency with fun clients and a talented creative staff. Diverse client portfolio, expansive staff with multi faceted departments offering a range of full agency services.
Productive and fun place to work most of the time. Ping pong table
Atlanta Program Manager - Campari America (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 5, 2019
Overall a good company to work. Atlanta office has a better work life balance and friendly environment than the Hilton Head Island location. Dog friendly!
be careful
Creative Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2019
take it for what its worth you need to take what you can and leave the rest behind. The opportunity has to be created by you and if your good you will go far.
Pros
location
Cons
HR and employee benefits
Poor management
FST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 15, 2018
Management has the need to micromanage EVERYONE in the work place. I have also worked there for many years and not once have I received a raise. I have been there longer then most and the guys seen at the front line get all the best treatment. The ones that do their job and stay out of the sunshine are the ones who are forgotten.
Pros
some weeks you wont have work
Cons
You will get pushed out the door. THEY do not care. No raises
Immature, toxic environment run like a middle school clique
Freelance Copywriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Avoid the NYC office of BFG at all costs. The office is needlessly cutthroat, with incessant manipulation, backstabbing, and personnel decisions made on a whim. There is no leadership in the office, and those "in charge" do not communicate.
Productive fun workplace
FIELD GUIDE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 25, 2018
Great workplace for everyone. Great discounts. Great people to work with. Working with the crew was fin and exciting every single day. If you have a chance, join the team.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
This compnay was okay to work for
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2018
BFG was okay to work for. I learned alot and was able to gain marketable skills that help to elevate my career. The team was fun to work with by upper manage wasnt.
Overworked and underpaid
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 4, 2018
Overworked and underpaid in all situations but less for part-timers. Managers were taken advantage of and often asked to work unreasonable hours and spend their own money for business expenses.
Pros
Worked alone
Cons
Worked at night
It's fine
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
You work late hours, and you managers don't do the same job as you so they lack the nuanced understanding of it, but can have unrealistic expectations and demands. But fun group of people to work with
Client Driven Industry
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day at this company involved working under several roles. Teams are often encourage to handle more than they can sometimes accommodate in a normal day. Since management is sometimes not clearly visible it can seem that vertical advancement is determined by individuals who don't see your day to day sacrifices. Despite sometimes participating with very exclusive and fun clients it can be short-lived as things can change at anytime and often the subordinates get the most lash back from this. The hardest part of the job was no clear direction in goals, strategy when accomplishing campaigns or projects. Since management is spread out between head quarters and regional office it becomes hard to achieve synergy when completing this projects. The most enjoyable part was when we worked on assignments or projects where skill my skill sets were used and I became part of the creative process.
Pros
Fun Clients, Cool Office Location, Reimbuserments
Cons
Salary, Lack of advancement, Unclear role assignments
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2017
Good management and good ambassadors. Consistent work and exciting, fast paced promotions make for an interesting work environment. Would recommend to fellow brand ambassadors.
Great job
Field Agent for Grizzly Chewing tobacco (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 10, 2017
I had alot of fun and got to travel the country.The pay was good the program just didnt last very long due to budget reasons...I wish it was still around
good
P/R Client Services Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2017
BFG is a good company to work for. I enjoyed my time working there, it was a good environment demanding and challenging.. the company was solid and a great place to learn things.
It's Been A While
Program Manager, Market Manager, Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2017
I can't speak to the current situation, but when I worked for BFG it was a blast. I worked on a Fortune 500 client contract and had a lot of fun. Good people, good culture, low pay...
A Lot of fun
Lead Representative, Field Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2017
I worked here right as I finished college and had a great time. Management was extremely helpful getting the staff situated and making sure everyone was successful and had a good time.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Productive work place
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2017
It was a fun company to work for before their contract with the client was bought out by MKTG who I presently work for. I was really able to expand my network since I was working in the nightlife industry. Not only that but I was also able to enjoy the areas where I worked since a lot of them are peers and since I have an outgoing personality I was able to approach people very easily. Management was great, you could take as much time off as you wanted for the most part. The only downside was that working with them you didn't get any medical benefits or anything of the sort.
Pros
Networking, working in the nightlife industry, flexible with taking time off.
Cons
Minimal social life since you were working when everyone else was having fun and vice versa
Great place
Vmi operator (Current Employee) –  Woodburn, INMarch 15, 2017
I work swing shift and have to much time off. Its a great place to work and have great benefits... Not looking to leave bfg just looking for more work...
Great pay, easy work.
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2017
Lots of rules, but easy to follow. Fun, social job in which you get to interact with several people in a relaxed environment.
They closed
Tig Welder (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 25, 2016
They closed due to lack of business. But it was nice to work on the verity of projects that we accepted and the travel was always good. And it was nice to be allowed to solve problems.
Late night job with good atmoshpere
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2016
Typical day would have been reviewing employees work from the night before, scheduling routes for night of, payroll and reporting. Being my first management job I learned the responsibilities of being accountable not only for myself, but also of the team that worked for me. The management staff there was amazing, we worked together well. The best part of the job was being able to get out in the field with my co-workers and engage customers with them.
Pros
Fun enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BFG Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.