BFG Marketing Management reviews

Fun environments
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 28, 2019
Typical day would start in the office to meet with employees to pick up our sampling product than head into the field to help employees out if needed. Management is great and very helpful. Workplace environment is very exciting and never dull. The most enjoyable part is going to Restaurants/Bars and sampling product.
Pros
Going to different venues
Cons
late nights
Poor management
FST (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONDecember 15, 2018
Management has the need to micromanage EVERYONE in the work place. I have also worked there for many years and not once have I received a raise. I have been there longer then most and the guys seen at the front line get all the best treatment. The ones that do their job and stay out of the sunshine are the ones who are forgotten.
Pros
some weeks you wont have work
Cons
You will get pushed out the door. THEY do not care. No raises
Immature, toxic environment run like a middle school clique
Freelance Copywriter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Avoid the NYC office of BFG at all costs. The office is needlessly cutthroat, with incessant manipulation, backstabbing, and personnel decisions made on a whim. There is no leadership in the office, and those "in charge" do not communicate.
It's fine
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
You work late hours, and you managers don't do the same job as you so they lack the nuanced understanding of it, but can have unrealistic expectations and demands. But fun group of people to work with
Client Driven Industry
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day at this company involved working under several roles. Teams are often encourage to handle more than they can sometimes accommodate in a normal day. Since management is sometimes not clearly visible it can seem that vertical advancement is determined by individuals who don't see your day to day sacrifices. Despite sometimes participating with very exclusive and fun clients it can be short-lived as things can change at anytime and often the subordinates get the most lash back from this. The hardest part of the job was no clear direction in goals, strategy when accomplishing campaigns or projects. Since management is spread out between head quarters and regional office it becomes hard to achieve synergy when completing this projects. The most enjoyable part was when we worked on assignments or projects where skill my skill sets were used and I became part of the creative process.
Pros
Fun Clients, Cool Office Location, Reimbuserments
Cons
Salary, Lack of advancement, Unclear role assignments
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2017
Good management and good ambassadors. Consistent work and exciting, fast paced promotions make for an interesting work environment. Would recommend to fellow brand ambassadors.
A Lot of fun
Lead Representative, Field Marketing (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 4, 2017
I worked here right as I finished college and had a great time. Management was extremely helpful getting the staff situated and making sure everyone was successful and had a good time.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Productive work place
Field Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2017
It was a fun company to work for before their contract with the client was bought out by MKTG who I presently work for. I was really able to expand my network since I was working in the nightlife industry. Not only that but I was also able to enjoy the areas where I worked since a lot of them are peers and since I have an outgoing personality I was able to approach people very easily. Management was great, you could take as much time off as you wanted for the most part. The only downside was that working with them you didn't get any medical benefits or anything of the sort.
Pros
Networking, working in the nightlife industry, flexible with taking time off.
Cons
Minimal social life since you were working when everyone else was having fun and vice versa
Late night job with good atmoshpere
MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 14, 2016
Typical day would have been reviewing employees work from the night before, scheduling routes for night of, payroll and reporting. Being my first management job I learned the responsibilities of being accountable not only for myself, but also of the team that worked for me. The management staff there was amazing, we worked together well. The best part of the job was being able to get out in the field with my co-workers and engage customers with them.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Bfg
Brand Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work until we got laid off. Local management was on point. Great overall experience made me a better manager overall.
Pros
Awesome culture
Cons
Getting laid off.
Friendly Management in a relaxed office atmosphere
Certified Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 27, 2015
A typical Day at BFG would be a short visit to the office to review materials, quotas, expected venues, as well as learning production numbers and metrics.

I learned how to provide brand and product information while conducting consumer engagements, as well as developing good-standing between the main company and outside venues.

Management was easy to deal with, and ensured that employees had proper materials.

Employees at the company shared the same work-driven goals, as well as friendly, and provided a good atmosphere to exchange feedback in all aspects.

The most difficult part of the job was dealing with upper-management, as well as over-served patrons at some nightlife establishments.

The most enjoyable part was to be a part of a great team, and to get to enjoy a professional atmosphere, while getting out and talking to people.
Company does the little things right, but the important stuff they do very wrong.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2014
BFG taught me a lot of management, reporting, consumer insights, and the rapid changing landscape of field marketing. I was able to interact with Major clients and speak first hand about the products. Upper management is very poor, with little opportunity for growth unless you move to tampa. They treat managers as if they are all replaceable, get your experience and get out.
Horrendous Upper Management
Planner (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 8, 2014
The upper management team is inept! They pick favorites and groom people to reflect their needs. Their work ethic is non existent., What a shame. ..I was embarrassed to be associated with these people;. It is a carnival act. And forget about OSHA compliance...be ready to be poisoned!
Pros
An income
Cons
Everything else
Poorly managed company.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 29, 2014
Inexperienced upper management. Micro-manages employees. A great deal of finger pointing among groups. No collaboration.
Decent starter job.
Market Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2014
Tons of administrative and field work. Management of a very young staff. Upper management can be disconnected and unorganized.
Pros
Laid back enviroment.
Cons
Very little chance for upward mobility.
Great people, good fun, awesome events
Field Agent/Eco Tour (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2014
Nothing bad to say, the $ was right, plus I always enjoyed the people I was around. Have a good attitude, keep your head up, do what's expected of you, take advice from management, let your personality shine, make friends, BFG will take care of you and you will get recognition.
Good company to work for, but not for extended periods of time.
Certified Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2013
Overall, I look back fondly on my time with BFG. But like with every large company they have some kinks and issues that need to be worked out. I wasn't pleased with the scheduling or management, which are the main reasons I left the company after almost 2 years of loyal employment.
Pros
High hourly wage
Cons
Inconsistent hours, undesirable venues, inconsistent management.
Sure, if burnout is your goal
Interactive (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 16, 2013
The culture here is toxic. The people in charge don't respect the employees and it shows in turnover. It's a shame that they hire a lot of talented designers and developers at a young age and instead of helping them grow and supporting a high standard of work, they push until they burnout. There is no work-life balance, and if you're married, you won't stay that way. Expect 10-12 hour days, nights, weekends, and even more hours if you are a developer. They pay well below the industry standard and if you don't negotiate the salary before you are hired, they will not give you the raise you have earned - even if you get it in writing. They bank on relocating you to a part of the country where it is hard to find another job. The people in management are poor mentors who are not qualified to lead. The ego is astounding. This should be your last choice in an employer.
Pros
the only pro is a great group of co-workers, but with the constant turn-over and oppressive conditions the best people don't stay long.
Cons
see review.
Very fun and a social nightlife experience
Certified Field Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 18, 2012
This job allows you to interact with many different types of social groups and helps to keep up with social trends. The environment is mostly fun and the most stress of it all would be the late hours, driving, and certain types of people you have to deal with. The goals within the product we were working with were sometimes outrageous, but overall wasn't an exceedingly difficult task. The hardest thing to deal with was the corruption of the management in the marketing headquarters.
Pros
mileage reinbursement and exceptional hourly rate
Cons
wear and tear on your vehicle and out late at night, sometimes in dangerous areas
An interesting challenge
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 9, 2012
BFG was a fun and interesting place to work. I marketed a product that I don't use myself and that in itself created a fun challenge. Co-workers and management was as eclectic as the consumers we worked with.
Pros
great hourly pay and compensation on gas mileage, work culture was positive
Cons
not always flexible for students