BGE HOME

BGE HOME Employee Reviews

Lots to learn as customer service rep, at times there's high call volume but mostly on Mondays which is typical of other call centers. It can be fast paced, and that helps the day go by. Years ago, some reps asked about working from home opportunities [i.e, child too sick to attend school, lacking babysitter, etc], and it was flat out, "no, schedule PTO" yet here comes COVID & suddenly, we're all able to work from home unless you have internet connection issues then you have to work/get screened in office. Managers do not lead by example, but are quick to give "feedback" and remove points from scorecard which can impact getting a raise, etc. They hate handling an escalation or irate customer bc they're lazy & will "delegate" the issue back to rep to resolve, they claim they are "in a meeting, offer call-back" but don't call customer. The customers are a joy to interact with, colleagues are mostly cool and benefits are reasonable. The culture/office environment sucks, every year management claims they're going to do better, and nothing. We have weekly huddle, which is really just manager reading out company highlights that we can all do on our own. They try to create games & incentives, with stickers & buttons as prizes as if we're in grade school [we all roll our eyes & let it be]. But, good company to learn something new from the training team, with regards to energy.
Pros
Different shifts available
Cons
Maternity/paternity non-existent, only for Exelon employees
Managers don't seem to respect those below them to any degree. I very often overheard condescending phone conversations made by managers to their technicians as I worked. The technicians work obscene amounts of overtime and most office workers are behind on their work due to what seems to be staffing issues. Organizationally the place is a mess but rather than address underlying issues they attempt to shovel the mess into a different format to try and fix things. I spent most of my days dreading going to work, dreading being at work, and then dreading going back in the next day. Pay is good but the mental taxation might not be worth it for most.
Pros
Good pay, lots of overtime for technicians
Cons
Excessive overtime, management is awful, infrastructure is a mess
No structure at all the management sucked they did not care about the employees they denied some for service I wouldn’t recommend to my shoes ! Lenient
Under appreciated, over worked, high turnover rate. Bad equipment techs google info to fix hvacs systems, more customer than they have technicians to work.
Rock solid job security for those willing to work. Although there are productivity and sales goals, the tools available make them fairly easy to meet, and, I'm never pressured. Opportunity for advancement and additional income if wanted. You won't lack for anything needed to do your job correctly and safely. Hours can be long, but the pain is distributed equally... extremely fair!
Pros
Among the best in compensation, benefits and support.
Cons
Long work weeks
I liked working as a customer care rep there. The managers were nice to deal with and I made many friends. I only left because I needed more pay. I was temp to hire as a bilingual agent and the pay decreased upon hire due to “benefits” but otherwise good training and the workload is not crazy.
Pros
Company events, flexible work schedule
Good company, they try, not managed well, too caught up in finding fault than helping to succeed. they need to focus more on the employee and less on other things
Busy at times. Has guaranteed 40 hours. Provides all tools needed to perform. Jobs. Safety is always prioritized. Diffrent shifts you can work . Night shift.
The company is a friendly and business casual atmosphere. This has culture that pushes hard work and health. Because when your at your best customers can see the best the company has to offer.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Advancement
Great team I worked with, safety issues are top priority, experienced guys and good environment, consistent upgrades with changes in the industry.Every Wednesday is a meeting day from 7:00am-9:00am on issues that bother on safety, upgrading of employee knowledge,new laws in the industry is shared,State,county,city and local laws are shared with employees
Bge home helped me alot with my hvac career. Would come to work and go to the shop to get parts. Then I would go to customers house to fix there hvac or water heaters.
If you like overtime, this is the place for you. Not many bad experiences here, as long as you put in the time and knew what you were doing on the job. It all depends on the manager you have like any company but I worked there for 10 years and left on good terms and only left because of a better opportunity. Overall a good place to work if you are prepared to put in the hours.
A typical work day included great support from co workers, and a friendly work environment. The company really shows appreciation for all of their workers.
It is my opinion that they do not show appreciation to their contracted employees. We were treated differently than permanent employees yet the same expectation was placed o the contracted workers. It was unprofessional.
The company offers excellent benefits and career development opportunities. The corporate office has some excellent options and structures in place but they don't allows flow down to this level as well.
Pros
People are awesome, benefits excellent
Cons
work life balance not good
How can a affiliate of the utility company, keep the heat off all winter. Employees getting pneumonia, they still did not turn the heat on. They are the complete micro managers.
The company offers great benefits in my opinion. The call center is fast paced because processes are always being updated and we are always getting new information so you have to stay on top of all the new alerts to make sure you're doing your job correctly, otherwise you will be giving incorrect information to the customers. I would consider this to be the hardest part of the job, keeping up with process changes. Management does a good job of helping with whatever problems reps might face on the floor. Management also does their best to make sure the reps feel appreciated.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
Company has an unfair occurence point system.
Good place to work. Nice atmosphere and culture. Offer good benefits and compensation package. Care about their customers and employees. Highly involved in the community.
Overall a good company but a skilled senior tech might find it challenging to constantly go behind less skilled techs and have to spend time fixing their mess while they look great statistically and you look bad statistically...the more thorough and conscientious you are, the more challenging you might find it.. as long as you meet their minimum productivity numbers you will have a secure job.. also,their policies cover repairs parts and labor for the most part, so you will work on some equipment that really should have been replaced by now but the customer won’t replace it because the policy obligates bge home tech to fix it..it’s a mixed bag for sure.
Pros
Good pay, secure job
Cons
Tech skills vary greatly, can be a challenge, long hours when weather bad, a lot of policy customers who have no where else to go
The people you work with will help you how ever they can if you get in a jam. Company provides training programs to help sharpeen skills. Will get you well trained even in fields that you not accustom too. Company money hungry and will bend you backwards for the customers. At times it does feel like you living just to work because of the amount of hours you work. But overall a good job.
it's a good place to work. they give you a take home van. paid vac, good benefits, they also have good training. good people to work with. and you work in the area you live in
  1. Employee Reviews