BH Management Services, LLC Employee Reviews

Great place to work with a lot of support
LEASING PROFESSIONAL (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 21, 2019
Fantastic work environment where it felt like family. Managers are so understanding and really pushed you to be the best you could be to advance your career.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, family feel, benefits
Cons
Can’t think of any
BH as a company had many great qualities BUT
Texas (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed most of my time working for BH. Great holiday schedule, PTO and the training department was great. But the manager I worked for was by far the worst I had ever worked for which prompted my decision to leave BH. This particular managers lack of professionalism, lack of knowledge, tardiness (arrived late daily, left early or didn't come in at all) and level of disrespect to the employees and residents made it very hard to continue working. If you tried to conversate with the manager regarding their behavior or disagreed with a decision made by the manager you had a target on your back. The manager would retaliate against the employee and play middle school games by trying to isolate them from other employees. Personal feeling were used when review time came around not actually work ethic and the great things you were able to accomplish. Complaints from residents regarding the manager would be noted word for word and relayed to the manager and the employee would be reprimanded or retaliated against for being the messenger even though the complaint came from the resident. Complaints to upper management/HR go unheard and the managers behavior continued forcing employees to leave
Pros
Training Department, Bonus payout
Cons
Complaints not taken serious
Didn’t have a manager the entire duration of my job
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2019
Very unorganized. Didn’t have a manager the entire time during my job there. They did send me to Tampa for training which was really beneficial. Other than that it was okay.
Pros
Good training
Cons
Bad maintenance
February 18, 2019

I am so sorry to hear that we missed the mark in a few regards. I would love to hear a little bit more about your experience as we pride ourselves on a company that values our employees and their successes in managing our communities. If you have any comments to share please email us at HR@BHmanagement.com.

Collin Budd, Recruiting Manager

Great company to work for
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Working for bh was very rewarding and I learned a lot from the manager and the maintenance team. It was awesome to be part of the team. The regional manager was great to me and to our property.
February 18, 2019

Alright! I love reading amazing reviews! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a note and should you find yourself looking for a new position, we hope that you would consider BH again.

Love Bh Management
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2019
One of the best multi-family management companies there is to work for! Very happy with all of our properties and co workers. Awesome benefits. Competitive pay and a wonderful training system.
Benefits
January 28, 2019

Woohooo! So happy to hear that you are enjoying your time with BH! I completely agree with all that you have said. Thanks for taking the time to review!

Great Company
Leasing and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San AntonioJanuary 15, 2019
Its a great company to work for. Unfortunately its hard to advance within the company. Company has a great fsmily like work environment though. Would definitely work for BH Management again
Pros
Family like atmosphere, great training, productive
Cons
Advancement is hard. Thats really about it.
January 22, 2019

I totally agree with you that BH promotes an awesome culture and "family like environment". Please consider returning to BH in the future as we continue to grow our business! Best of luck and hope to be able to work with you again!

Management Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FL and West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Was a great company to work for and enjoyed going to work daily. I would recommend all to apply if positions available. Left on good terms with proper notice to return to Tampa Bay area. At this time there is currently no opportunity in that market.
January 22, 2019

Yay! I am glad to hear you had such a positive experience working at BH! Please continue to monitor our website in the future for other opportunities. It seems to be that our business is continuing to grow and it may just be a matter of time before we are back in your area. All the best!

No help from HR
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Horrible place to work especially if you know more than your boss you will be stumped for advancement and higher management and HR don't care about any positions from Assistant Manager and down. Only the Property Managers and above are covered. Even if they harass and use intimidation tactics. HR is a joke and makes you seem like you are the problem and not the true solution.
January 7, 2019

Thank you for your honesty. I am sorry to hear that your experience with BH did not go as planned. I would welcome you (if you haven't already) to please share your concerns/comments/feedback in your exit interview survey so that we may investigate and look into this further. We do not tolerate any sort of harassment or intimidation by any of our staff members. Please reach out to our HR Department (HR@BHManagement.com) with more information so that we may look your feedback further.

Collin Budd, Recruiting Manager

Very subjective company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 26, 2018
If they like you, you're golden. Your ability to fudge fair housing laws and lie to your residents will directly relate to your advancement. This employer feels more like a clique, not a workplace, with tight-knit groups scheming and influencing things to their preference. It was terrible to watch, and I felt like a more of a hypocrite to my residents with every passing day. To be fair, this may only be the South Florida region, as everyone I met from other areas seemed "normal" and law abiding.
Pros
Lots of time off, find a friend and keep your job forever
Cons
Lies abound, biased advancement, lying about your hours worked because overtime will get you written up
January 3, 2019

Thank you for the honest feedback. We would like to hear more as we take claims regarding resident treatment as well as violation of Fair Housing policies very seriously. Please email us at HR@BHManagement.com for more details so that we may follow up.

Ok Job
Leasing Professional (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GADecember 17, 2018
Good place to work, no work life balance, hated working Sundays. The property is old so you get lots of complaints from the residents and the units aren't ready at move in.
Pros
commision is good
Cons
management turnover a lot
Awesome staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 10, 2018
Great company to work for! Training was great! Regional was very nice and helped when needed. Staff would come in from Texas to help train our employees to the BH way! Super nice staff
Pros
Training, benefits, healthcare
December 10, 2018

So happy to hear you had such a great time working at BH! I completely agree with you that we have some of the nicest people in the industry! Thank you for taking the time to review BH!

Well Organized Work Place with lots of training
Assistant Community Manager (Former) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2018
I loved working for BH Management during a short period of time. The rate of pay was extremely low compatible to the market, however the company offer a lot of opportunities to get bonuses.
Pros
Great PTO, Paid Birthday, Bonus, Great Training
Cons
Low Hourly Rate of Pay
December 10, 2018

Thank you so much for the review! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed working for us. Thank you for the honest feedback, we do market surveys yearly to ensure that we remain competitive in the market in regards to wages and bonuses. I will pass your concern to the rest of the HR staff to consider when we review wages again in your area.

Poor management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VANovember 8, 2018
I would never recommend anybody to work for this company. They don’t care nothing but about themselves. Can’t never pay bills on time. Parts and supplies you never had. Always on this budget bs. If you didn’t brown nose the property manager you didn’t make it no where in life. They never fixed any problems. Everything swept under a bridge
Pros
Cons
The whole company
November 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working at BH. I am sorry to hear that we clearly missed the mark in a few areas. If you have additional feedback that you would like to share, please feel free to email our team at hr@bhmanagement.com. We would like to learn how we can continue to do better.

no training
A/P Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 2, 2018
was given only a few days training when I was promised 3 months then called in and let go for not " getting it" after only 7 days. My trainer was more interested in talking about personal issues than training.
Great company to work for. Over all support system is there and training is deatiled.
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Denton,October 3, 2018
Great company, great staff and true support is there. Friendly face and very responsive in regards to employee questions and residents concerns. They are also well established over the number of year that they are in business.
This Company is for Visionaries!
Current Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
If you can see the potential of a property before any rehab is done. If you can stay positive through tough times and if you love challenges; you will love BH!

No job is easy but you are given all the tools to be successful with BH.
Pros
Training Courses available at all times.
BH Management
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
BH Management was and i am assuming still is a great stable work environment, that kept me very stable over many years. The only thing that is unfortunate is that they do not have more property complexes around the area i live in otherwise id love to still be working for the company.
Na
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Good company in terms of benefits, however, the extremely high expectations set from the company force employees to sacrifice home life in order to meet expectations.
Cons
Work load is too much for a well balanced work/ family balance
New management company in Colorafo
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced complete re brand/rehab of huge 1500+ unit community in Denver CO. Management team was often times overwhelmed with daily challenges do to very high employee turnover which was the result of very long hours worked due to lack of competent team members needed to properly handle the work load. Multiple team managers in leasing and maintenance made communication difficult due to failures to implement fresh ideas to streamline processes.
Pros
Amazing community ameneties
Cons
Lack of employees leading to higher hours worked resulting in property burn out
Loved working for BH Management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2018
I had an amazing experience working for BH. I would love an opportunity to work from home for them! BH Management not only trusted me with my community right after take over, they allowed me time with my family during an unexpected situation with my pregnancy shortly after the take over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BH Management Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.