BH Management Services, LLC Employee Reviews

This Company is for Visionaries!
Current Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 28, 2018
If you can see the potential of a property before any rehab is done. If you can stay positive through tough times and if you love challenges; you will love BH!

No job is easy but you are given all the tools to be successful with BH.
Pros
Training Courses available at all times.
BH Management
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2018
BH Management was and i am assuming still is a great stable work environment, that kept me very stable over many years. The only thing that is unfortunate is that they do not have more property complexes around the area i live in otherwise id love to still be working for the company.
Na
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Good company in terms of benefits, however, the extremely high expectations set from the company force employees to sacrifice home life in order to meet expectations.
Cons
Work load is too much for a well balanced work/ family balance
New management company in Colorafo
Occupancy Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2018
Fast paced complete re brand/rehab of huge 1500+ unit community in Denver CO. Management team was often times overwhelmed with daily challenges do to very high employee turnover which was the result of very long hours worked due to lack of competent team members needed to properly handle the work load. Multiple team managers in leasing and maintenance made communication difficult due to failures to implement fresh ideas to streamline processes.
Pros
Amazing community ameneties
Cons
Lack of employees leading to higher hours worked resulting in property burn out
Loved working for BH Management
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 15, 2018
I had an amazing experience working for BH. I would love an opportunity to work from home for them! BH Management not only trusted me with my community right after take over, they allowed me time with my family during an unexpected situation with my pregnancy shortly after the take over.
Overall an great company
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2018
When you do your job and you do it well it is recognized. I scored above markers on 2 different secret shops and was sent a personal letter and a keychain that read, "you're the key to our success" from the CEO. It's the little things that make working for a big corporation worth it.
Pros
Consistency and acknowledgment.
Cons
Too many reports to allow managers to focus on the tenants.
A wonderful company!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 30, 2018
A wonderful company that pays very well, PTO, and truly cares about one another. However I feel that the managers are not controlled at all. The regionals are supposed to visit monthly however they don't. When they do, it has been pre-warned so the manager can decide to come to the office that day.

I love the company, but wish I had had a better experience.
Pros
Pto, isnurance, dental, 401K
Cons
Cut throat, lack of supervision for management
Good company to grow with
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 9, 2018
My co-workers are amazing! Typical day is mainly administrative duties. hardest part is meeting unrealistic expectations, I've learned to become a fast being able to multitask and adapt to many different personalities.
Pros
Paid Holidays, good chemistry with co-workers
Cons
constant changes, unrealistic expectations sometimes
Stressful, favoritism/neputism, inconsistency, high turnover.
River Oaks Apartments (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 9, 2018
If you are one of the select group that has worked for the company for 5 plus years then this company offers a dream job with exceptional benefits. For those few people it offers an abundance of special treatment, perks and security from within the small circle. If you are hard working, experienced and ethical, you will not fit in and will be pushed out regardless of the value you bring to their organization.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
unethical behavior, favoritism, top heavy and high turnover with residents and employees alike
They make you work like an slave.
Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 3, 2018
Not worth the strees they put you in with sooo many responsibilities trying to make you feel like a leader instead of slave (reality). If you want to spend some time at ER, loose your family and perhaps died of a heart attack, then join BH...
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Go Go Go
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 22, 2018
BH is extremely structured and has thought through most programs before implementing. There are a lot of compensation benefits to working with this company. The compensation is not worth the stress of all the responsibilities and being micromanaged.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Work life balance is non-existent and you are micromanaged
asst mgnr
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 20, 2018
manager was never there I was the assist but had to deal alot with all the things on the property. She planned residents events twice a week was taking a toll on my personal life.
Need improvements
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 29, 2018
This company is behind when it comes to property management. Too many changes all at once is also a problem. It’s almost impossible to write anyone up for actually not doing there job but very easy to get fired if someone calls into HR with an anonymous complaint.
Pros
Cons
Corporate employees
Inspiring place
Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 24, 2018
I really enjoyed working with BH Management. I enjoyed it so much I had relocated to a different state after all the properties in my home state were sold. At BH Management I worked on the multi-family maintenance side. When I first joined the company I knew very little and I owned just a couple of hand tools. As I progressed, I was surrounded with many different men and women from whom I learned so much. From maintenace to life skills; BH Management is just so much more than a company to work for for me. BH Management is another family for me and hope it becomes a family for many others.
Pros
holiday bonus for on call
Cons
on call
it was ok to work here
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN I & II (Current Employee) –  Naperville, IL/WestmountMay 31, 2018
management needs improvement. training needs improvement.
on call needs organizing. benefits could be better. employee bonus could be improvement for non management positions
BH Management has great company culture
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2018
At BH Management there are many opportunities for growth and the company culture is amazing. My Regional Manager was amazing. I would recommend working for BH Management to any one who is looking for a start in Property Management.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Low Commissions
Great Family Company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
I loved working for BH Management. It was such a great experience, the company welcomed me with open arms and I immediately fell in love with the apartment business. I liked the hours I worked and my manager was great. The hardest part of the job was when there was issues with residents' apartments, but that was rare. The best part of the job was the commission for leasing apartments. I would highly recommend working for BH Management.
Pros
commission, good lunch breaks, advancement opportunities
Cons
slow paced
Its a ok job if you want to get thrown under the bus by the property manager
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  NcApril 28, 2018
I use to work for BH and got fired last week the property manager came up with some excuse about a resident getting mad at me but when I look at the dates for when the resident a got mad at me I wasn't event at work I was out of town with death in my family and I've tried explaining that to her and she sided with the resident
Pros
Run
Truly a family
Assistant Manager and Property Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasApril 24, 2018
BH Management is truly built with family in mind and having a great life work balance. Whenever you are in need professionally or personally help is only a phone call away.
Not that bad...
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2018
Document Everything you do with this company and any other you work for to be sure you are secured.

They have an amazing training program. I would advise any employee to learn as much as possible to be more marketable.

Good Luck!!