BHI Energy Employee Reviews

Professionalism
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  York, SCAugust 28, 2018
Productive and safety first workplace. Very strict about following the rules and creating a safe environment. Very nice staff members an amazing cafeterias
Plenty of opportunities
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLAugust 16, 2018
Position was only temporary, but company was informative and wage was sufficient for position held. Company was very transparent about duration of project.
BHI - Contract
Controller (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 3, 2018
Working a contract can be stressful. It is hard to know if you have job security. The company overall is growing and should provide more security to it's employees in the coming years.
Great Job
Contractor for Calpine Geysers (Current Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAJuly 16, 2018
I very much enjoy working with BHI Energy. From the start of the hire procedure to the actual workload, I like the tasks and my fellow co-workers. Hope to continue my contract here.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Crazy drive
Most workers were greattowork with
Sr.R.P Duties (Former Employee) –  BURLINGTON KS,July 14, 2018
Meeting new people at work place was the best thing. Travelling to and from home was challenging.
Management paid attention to your needs. Work culture was great.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Travel from one outage to another.
Poor management project manager does not care about their employees
Supervision Officer (Current Employee) –  Roxboro North CarolinaJuly 1, 2018
Working with bhi I experienced very poor management in the North Carolina area the manager does not care about anyone that works for the company except himself he treats the hourly employee very poorly he has a supervisor that thinks all the employees are stupid because they're 10 an hour housekeepers which are called utility workers treats them like your a nobody and has no respect for anyone they talked about all the employees and how they can find a way to get rid of people all the time in the upper part of North Carolina it's got to be the worst place to work in the Roxboro area
Pros
Promises that they can't keep
Cons
Treat hourly workers poorly
Awesome people
Utility/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 28, 2018
The people I worked with were great to get along with and always willing to help you out. I cant wait to work for them again. I really enjoy this kind of work I get to travel and get a good pay check.
Hardwork doesnt equal advancement
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hill, NCJune 27, 2018
I loved working with my coworkers but management encourages an environment where people are grouped into high school like cliques based on "loyalty". The ones that advance or get promoted, are those that learn to play this childest game. The majority of the work is being done by workers who avoid this and focus on the client, however, that will often make you a target. Management wont admit it but everybody notices how good workers are treated, especially, the client. I
Long hours alot of travel time away from family
Millwright, Turbine Technician 501 (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 14, 2018
Work long hours work weekends a lot of travel . Not much job security do not have steady work do not get long term schedule of work . Have last min notice of jobs
Pros
Good money alot of hours ot
Cons
no job security not enough long term work
BHI Energy is a great company with great people.
Senior Dosimetry Specialist - Contract assignment (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 4, 2018
BHI is one of the largest full service companies support several industries with nuclear as one of them. It is a great company and I am very excited to continue my career with BHI Energy.
Good Work Enviorment
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTINCE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
It is a good work environment. Great communication, always positive steady working pace. You are able to learn a lot from the people around you. I would recommend thi company to a friend
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 1, 2018
Very safe atmosphere, great people and environment. Excellent training for upcoming jobs. One of my favorite jobs but poor job security. Good paying job
Good Company but not enough work
Administrative Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company I just wish they could have kept me busy all year around. But, they don't look out for there employee's. It is up to the employee to can them and try to find placement instead of them taking care of you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
don't keep you working
great people
Payroll/Pay Bill Administrator (Former Employee) –  250 Libby ParkApril 4, 2018
This was a good place to work unfortunately promises where not kept as to my job security I was laid off without notice.. I was a temporary position and promised full time but the person I replaced changed there mind and I was laid off.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unsecurity of my position
Stressful
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCMarch 17, 2018
no advancement. It all about who you know, They never treated the local right. The pay was great but it didnt compensate for the stress of never knowing what to expect
work at BHI
Firewatch Lead (Current Employee) –  New Hill, NCMarch 15, 2018
I enjoy working with this company. The management is awesome and has a great open door policy. The management is willing to stick by the team. Its not because the work or the management that I would leave, being a contractor in work groups really cant guarantee longevity. Right now I am looking for s decent job so that when the layoff happens ill still be ok
Pros
good money, great team of people to work with
Cons
very procedural based
I have nothing but positives
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 22, 2018
I have nothing but positive things to say about my time with BHI Energy. My manager is the best I have been around and always has an open door policy. The site and team has been like a brotherhood and that makes work production and safety a huge but equal priority. The days fly by even though they are longer than 8 hours. We like the overtime. It has been a great experiance. BHI, is the Standard.
Pros
Too many to list.
Cons
Weather can be a bit extreme at times
Very fun place!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCFebruary 20, 2018
I really enjoyed my time working for BHI Energy. The environment was great. I enjoyed getting up and going to work.. I made many friends. Management was great. Overall great place.
Great pay when you are able to get work assignments.
Radiation Protection/Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 30, 2018
BHI is a great place to work if you only want to work less than have a year and have the other time off and make good money and you don't mind being away from home for the work periods. Pay is god if you have the skills they are looking for and travel pay and per diem are great while working. A typical day at work is 12 hours a day either days or nights for six days a week of hard hitting, rush rush to get everything done in an outage time. Management and house worker can either be great to work with or your worst nightmare depending on what work site you are assigned to. Finding enough good job assignments during an season of outages can be very difficult and long term assignment are almost impossible to come by.
Pros
Good pay and hour for short time periods.
Cons
No work at a lot of times throughout the year.
The positive denotation of BHI Energy & Power was Management safety culture.
Maintenance Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCJanuary 26, 2018
The BHI Energy & Power company was a temporary job---it was a shut-down ( low levels of power production) and workers were to change filters in vital areas, police the area, assist other crafts on-site, while maintaining a strict safety culture.
Management for BHI were encouraging towards workers, suggesting that a full time position could be available with a good work ethic.
Pay rate was competitive for a short term position. The location of BHI in this area helped to increase the yearly economy. BHI Energy & Power was a productive company for whom I worked.
Pros
The pay rate was adequate, work was productive, management was exceptional.
Cons
The job didn't last long.