BHI Energy Employee Reviews

Great job if you can’t find work anywhere else
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belews Creek, NCFebruary 17, 2019
As the title says it’s a great company if you can’t find work with any other company in the industry. The Management that I’ve experienced at the Blews Creek Plant was laughable at best. Management will give you the idea that you’ll have opportunities to move up fast and get certifications for equipment, and certain PPE which never happens. I was told I would get a 90 day raise during the job interview, after 90 days I asked about the raise and the same person who told me I would get the job, lied to my face and said he never told me that. Along with the poor management, constant stress of not knowing what needs to be done on a daily schedule, you also have to deal with the occasional druggies that some how don’t get weeded out during the interview process. All in all it’s a good job if you don’t mind being bent over the bosses desk for $10.00 an hour with the possiblity of $11.00. Make no mistake this company does not care about their employees, and is only interested in making the higher ups rich!
Pros
Cons
The whole company
Poor Pay
Utility Laborer (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Pay is very low with little to no room to advance. Raises not given even with years of experience. Not encouraged to grow and develop. Difficult to advance.
I Like it
Decontamination Technician (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 7, 2019
I get to travel to different plants in different cities & states. The pay is fair. I meet new people. I go site seeing in my spare time. I like working in crews we get paid good money.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Away from family
exciting place to work
Vice President Finance (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAFebruary 7, 2019
Challenging work place. Dedicated co-workers. multiple acquisitions over last 10 years. significant growth. multiple systems implementations. expanded product offerings.
Very safe and welcoming people.
I&C Technician contractor (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MIFebruary 1, 2019
Very great group of people to work safely around and they're also very welcoming and make you feel like family. I would recommend friends and family to BHI Energy to work for their organization.
my review
Helper (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Working at BHI was definitely one of the best jobs i have ever had i wish i could of worked longer than just the outage although the outage ended and i had to leave, i worked my butt off there and they paid good and the people are great people. At this job i learned how to cable up trailers and how to wire up computers and phones and it was great experience sense my associates is instrumentation.
Pros
hour for lunch got experience and got paid greatly.
Cons
didnt real have any cons to me.
Machinist/Millwright (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NCJanuary 10, 2019
Enjoyed working for this team and would love to return to work for them. some days were hard and occasionally had to work in the heat or cold but they made sure it was comfortable.
Safety First!
Decontamination Specialist Crewleader (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 9, 2019
For the most part, I have enjoyed working for BHI. Benefits were limited and costly to the employee.

I have learned Safety does not quit at the work place.

I have met many awesome people working for BHI.
Pros
Normal work hours (mostly)
Cons
health care benefits
I had a good schedule
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTDecember 30, 2018
I get along with all them at bhi, no complaints,
I had questions on insurance and they were very good about helping me out on my questions.
When my grandmother passed they were very nice about letting me have a day off.
Pros
Return calls if I need them
Cons
Not many raises
Working at nuclear power plant is awesome
Nuclear Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Madison, PANovember 24, 2018
Nuclear power plant is a very unique job. Not many people can say they’ve worked with underwater equipment or worked inside a generator or worked with radioactive materials. It’s a great job for younger men or women who can crawl climb ladders and stand for long periods of time.
Pros
Staying in nice hotels
Cons
Being on the road for months at a time

Want to know more about BHI Energy?

Ask a question
Tough timelines and high compensation
Project Supervisor (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2018
There is a disconnect between the office workers and our owners. The startup business model was not financially sustainable, especially after a contract change.
Pros
High wages, training provided
Cons
Short timelines, bad communication
A safe and family oriented company
Health Physics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYNovember 18, 2018
I have worked for this company for a number of years until I took a permanent position with Entergy and then again after I took early retirement from Entergy. I have worked with some wonderful people and have enjoyed working for the company. The company's number 1 goal for its employees is safety. I would work for this company given the location and terms were agreeable as I have never had a bad work experience with them.
Pros
Quality of professionals Employed by the company.
Cons
Frequent travel
The job is interesting because you can meet people from all over the USA.
Hot Firewatch, Continuous Firewatch, (Former Employee) –  Piedmont, SCNovember 17, 2018
Go to job site and relieve continous fire watch. Your stay time can be 3 hours you log in at start and your job requirments are walk predetermined area every 10 minutes in affect area.
Pros
pays good and fun to meet new people
Cons
no bathrooms and can be warm
BHI Energy
Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at work would be overwhelming with the limited amount of resources you were given.
The hardest part of the job was trying to find people around you that actually wanted to work.
Colllaborative Environment
Proctor In-Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHNovember 7, 2018
Amazing workplace culture! Management is inclusive, collaborative, and communicative. The people, colleagues, and customers were the best part of my job.
Ok place to work
Utilities lead (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 28, 2018
Political good old boy network . Difficult to deal with recruiters. Different supervisors at each outage,little continuity with everyday workforce. The pay is fair.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Don't enforce rules
Enjoyable, yet cut throat place to work.
RADIATION SHIELDING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy this workplace, although having to worry about whether you will have a job at the end of the day gets pretty old. overall, great pay and coworkers.
Pros
paid holidays. great coworkers
Cons
job security
contract employer
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bridgman, MISeptember 20, 2018
There wasn't much contact with BHI Energy site administrators. They were involved with annual evaluations as required. Rarely would you see them do anything else.
Solid Opportunity
Senior Radiological Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I worked with BHI for nearly 6 years, and it really helped my career. Started as a junior technician and worked my way up to Senior RCT. Great experience working with an amazing staff of techs and supervisors, and looking forward to my next opportunity in the industry!
Professionalism
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  York, SCAugust 28, 2018
Productive and safety first workplace. Very strict about following the rules and creating a safe environment. Very nice staff members an amazing cafeterias