BHI Energy Employee Reviews

Colllaborative Environment
Proctor In-Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHNovember 7, 2018
Amazing workplace culture! Management is inclusive, collaborative, and communicative. The people, colleagues, and customers were the best part of my job.
Ok place to work
Utilities lead (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 28, 2018
Political good old boy network . Difficult to deal with recruiters. Different supervisors at each outage,little continuity with everyday workforce. The pay is fair.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Don't enforce rules
Enjoyable, yet cut throat place to work.
RADIATION SHIELDING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 24, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy this workplace, although having to worry about whether you will have a job at the end of the day gets pretty old. overall, great pay and coworkers.
Pros
paid holidays. great coworkers
Cons
job security
contract employer
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bridgman, MISeptember 20, 2018
There wasn't much contact with BHI Energy site administrators. They were involved with annual evaluations as required. Rarely would you see them do anything else.
Solid Opportunity
Senior Radiological Controls Technician (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I worked with BHI for nearly 6 years, and it really helped my career. Started as a junior technician and worked my way up to Senior RCT. Great experience working with an amazing staff of techs and supervisors, and looking forward to my next opportunity in the industry!
Professionalism
Service Crew (Current Employee) –  York, SCAugust 28, 2018
Productive and safety first workplace. Very strict about following the rules and creating a safe environment. Very nice staff members an amazing cafeterias
Plenty of opportunities
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLAugust 16, 2018
Position was only temporary, but company was informative and wage was sufficient for position held. Company was very transparent about duration of project.
BHI - Contract
Controller (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 3, 2018
Working a contract can be stressful. It is hard to know if you have job security. The company overall is growing and should provide more security to it's employees in the coming years.
Great Job
Contractor for Calpine Geysers (Current Employee) –  Sonoma County, CAJuly 16, 2018
I very much enjoy working with BHI Energy. From the start of the hire procedure to the actual workload, I like the tasks and my fellow co-workers. Hope to continue my contract here.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Crazy drive
Most workers were greattowork with
Sr.R.P Duties (Former Employee) –  BURLINGTON KS,July 14, 2018
Meeting new people at work place was the best thing. Travelling to and from home was challenging.
Management paid attention to your needs. Work culture was great.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Travel from one outage to another.
Poor management project manager does not care about their employees
Supervision Officer (Current Employee) –  Roxboro North CarolinaJuly 1, 2018
Working with bhi I experienced very poor management in the North Carolina area the manager does not care about anyone that works for the company except himself he treats the hourly employee very poorly he has a supervisor that thinks all the employees are stupid because they're 10 an hour housekeepers which are called utility workers treats them like your a nobody and has no respect for anyone they talked about all the employees and how they can find a way to get rid of people all the time in the upper part of North Carolina it's got to be the worst place to work in the Roxboro area
Pros
Promises that they can't keep
Cons
Treat hourly workers poorly
Awesome people
Utility/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 28, 2018
The people I worked with were great to get along with and always willing to help you out. I cant wait to work for them again. I really enjoy this kind of work I get to travel and get a good pay check.
Hardwork doesnt equal advancement
Cleaning Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Hill, NCJune 27, 2018
I loved working with my coworkers but management encourages an environment where people are grouped into high school like cliques based on "loyalty". The ones that advance or get promoted, are those that learn to play this childest game. The majority of the work is being done by workers who avoid this and focus on the client, however, that will often make you a target. Management wont admit it but everybody notices how good workers are treated, especially, the client. I
Long hours alot of travel time away from family
Millwright, Turbine Technician 501 (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 14, 2018
Work long hours work weekends a lot of travel . Not much job security do not have steady work do not get long term schedule of work . Have last min notice of jobs
Pros
Good money alot of hours ot
Cons
no job security not enough long term work
BHI Energy is a great company with great people.
Senior Dosimetry Specialist - Contract assignment (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJune 4, 2018
BHI is one of the largest full service companies support several industries with nuclear as one of them. It is a great company and I am very excited to continue my career with BHI Energy.
Good Work Enviorment
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTINCE (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 30, 2018
It is a good work environment. Great communication, always positive steady working pace. You are able to learn a lot from the people around you. I would recommend thi company to a friend
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCMay 1, 2018
Very safe atmosphere, great people and environment. Excellent training for upcoming jobs. One of my favorite jobs but poor job security. Good paying job
Good Company but not enough work
Administrative Assistant to Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Salem, NJApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company I just wish they could have kept me busy all year around. But, they don't look out for there employee's. It is up to the employee to can them and try to find placement instead of them taking care of you.
Pros
good pay
Cons
don't keep you working
great people
Payroll/Pay Bill Administrator (Former Employee) –  250 Libby ParkApril 4, 2018
This was a good place to work unfortunately promises where not kept as to my job security I was laid off without notice.. I was a temporary position and promised full time but the person I replaced changed there mind and I was laid off.
Pros
close to home
Cons
unsecurity of my position
Stressful
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCMarch 17, 2018
no advancement. It all about who you know, They never treated the local right. The pay was great but it didnt compensate for the stress of never knowing what to expect