BHI Employee Reviews

Great learning and training experiences
PROJECT MANAGER/SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Piedmont, SCFebruary 25, 2019
Incredible company to work for. I have learned over the years doing on the job training, became a Certified Rigging and NCCO Crane Operator and OSHA training as well. I have had the opportunity to be Project Manager on various Hydro Powerplants over the last three years. The days mostly begin early in the morning and end late in the evening typically putting in 10 hours a day 6//7 days a week and sometimes 7/7 days a week for deadlines. The most enjoyable part is getting to know each of the crewmembers I am guiding and watching new people learn and gain new skills and experiences. I have traveled all over the United States with this company and have learned a lot due to the variability of the plants.
Pros
Wage earnings
Cons
Living away from home
Great individuals to work with
Electrical Apprentice/ Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYJanuary 28, 2019
Great people to work with, but you need to be ready to relocate at a moments notice. They have a lot of jobs around the U.S but when the job is over it is time to move or relocate. Over all it is a fun place to work at when there is work.
Strong mgt appreciation
Director of Southern Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 28, 2018
very Nuclear PP by design, not a O& G company . Strong management and culture. they will be successful when they committ to the OIL & Gas industry, but not while $ per BLL below $75
Pros
Cons
O&G industry committment
Lack of communication
Valve Supervisor (Seabrook) (Former Employee) –  Seabrook, NHNovember 20, 2018
Communication lacks personal touch from management personnel. Field experience not used to fullest advantage. Work environment not conducive to success.
Great Leadership
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTNovember 4, 2018
BHI is an amazing place to work. Career advancement is dependent on hard work. Over my time working at BHI, I watch hard workers get promoted, and bad workers get fired. BHI is headed by an amazing staff who practices strong leadership. They live by example and stick to their core values. All of the upper management works hard day in and day out. I was very impressed.
Pros
Strong Leaders, Decent Pay, Advanvement Opportunities
Fast paced and interesting environment
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Southport, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Great to work for. Nuclear power is the cleanest and most reliable source of electrical power. BHI is the industry leader in providing qualified workers.
Relax place to work at
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Friendly people I will give you a chance just things were just running slow minimum hours were 30 to 40 hours a week I just needed more hours to stick around at that job
Not the a good Company
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson North DakotaSeptember 11, 2018
The guys that work there are very incompetent. They find little things to tell the supervisor when they fell lile you are more knowledgeable than they are. The crew I worked with were lazy and poor employees. All good hands drag up from here within 2-3 weeks. Don't waste your time traveling here to work. The pay is decent because they can't keep anyone. Poor management. Poor leadership. Poor journeyman.
Excellent Culture
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTAugust 27, 2018
Company is growing aggressively. That means you need to be on your toes to keep up. Fast paced and exciting. Great people to work for, they really care about the employees that are working with them.
Great culture and work environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTAugust 1, 2018
BHI has created a great culture and working environment. They provide training and leadership development. They live their core values and stand by their word to their customers.
Pros
Growth opportunities, great culture
Pretty cut throat
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJuly 3, 2018
They are very quick to lay people off. They only pay good to their select few. Didn’t feel very organized. The turn overrate is high. I would not work for them again.
Great Place
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDMay 8, 2018
I loved working here. It is fast pace, cut throat and competitive but in a really healthy way. They care about you as a person. If you work hard for them they will work hard for you.
great people
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sachse TexasApril 18, 2018
Cleaned foreclosure homes exterior and interior did all kitchens framework like Construction had a great relationship with customers work full time did yards poolz landscape learned a lot from the company enjoy the work area in space contract ran out and the work was not a no longer available
Pros
foreclosure contracts
Cons
work ended
Great place, great people, bad politics
Apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 4, 2017
We would have to leave Rock springs at 5am, and drive 45 minutes to wamsutter, where the gas patch was located. We would have meetings after briefing every morning. We would always rotate who was with who and the different jobs we had so that all of us had the skills to do all the jobs. Mostly maintenece on existing sites, and new site construction builds where you could be there for up to a month depending on the size. Everyone that i worked with was more than helpful and it made the work go by fast.
Enjoyable Fun Environment
Senior Living (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
The job was enjoyable and I learned a lot of new things. Some times the job could be crazy as it was a small IT staff that had to handle everything for the company.
Great
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work and the people were wonderful. Very family oriented and treats employees with respect and empathy. Enjoyed working for this company.
Stress free and wonderful environment to work
Banking Intern/ Temp (Cash Management) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2017
It a calm and stress free working environment with very supportive and friendly co-workers and managers. Working here has provided me knowledge and skill about corporate working environment.
terrible management
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJuly 18, 2017
BHI was a terrible place to work, you never know for sure when your supposed to come into work because even when the supervisor told you a time he would often show up 30min-1hour late and then not know what was going on that day.
I was paid on time and accurately.
Implementation Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJuly 1, 2017
No problems with BHI during my brief tenure. I was not there long enough to accrue any holiday pay or benefits. I would work for them again if the occasion ever arises.
Good money.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTMay 2, 2017
Wake up before the sun, go to work, stretch, safety meeting, work tell lunch, half our break. Put in my 10 hours, then go home. Hardest part of the job was communicating with other employees, not a lot of English spoken.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BHI. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight