BI-LO Employee Reviews

It's a great place to start if you're a high school student
Assistant Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 26, 2018
As an assistant produce manager I arrive at work, do a quality check, stock what needs to be stocked, and order what needs to be ordered.
The management has been great in the time that I've worked at my particular location. The pay isn't great but the people are great. The hardest part of the job is simply relying upon others, especially teenagers, to show up to work on time and perform their tasks. What I love about the job is being able to constantly move around and work independently without being micromanaged.
Pros
Very little micromanagement
Cons
Callouts hurt your productivity
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 26, 2018
Walking the store making sure it was ready for business. Opening the store and handling any issues that may occur that day. BI-LO was a good place to work for. I learned from BI-LO to manage associates, to have great customer skills , manage my time wisely and to finish my tacks in a timely matter. The most enjoyable part of my job was my customers and associates.
Pros
Bonuses, vacations & sicktime given
Cons
Nothing I didnt like there, maybe closing shifts working till midnights on some nights
they sold most of the company
Scan Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NC 28082May 25, 2018
If was a great place to work, and hard to get advancements. The management team was good, and they usually took care of the employees, other then it is retail, and the hours could get hard.
Pros
free parking
Cons
management
Very good place to work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2018
Enjoyed the job working with management was wonderful jut like ll the people I worked with loved the customers would work there again.it was a fun place everyone got along very well.
okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pageland, SCMay 22, 2018
I do not like this job because I am use to being busy. I do not like standing in one place for so long. Overall the place is a good place to work at. The people their are kind and are willing to help you out if you need it.
Busy Enviroment
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 22, 2018
A typical day for me was to clock in, walk the produce floor. Pull anything that is going out of date in the next three days. After I'm finished with that, Ill start to coal thru all of my produce taking anything that is bad out of it. Then I would start tearing down my produce pallet, taking things on the floor that needed to go out and the rest putting it up to the wall in the produce cooler. Continue to go through and put stuff up and out and help customers through out the day.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
Constatly busy, sometimes not even a lunch break.
Great place not enough pay
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 22, 2018
You put all time and effort into this job and hardly get paid enough to deal with the customers and the people that are employeed there. it is a good first time job though
Good Start
BOOKKEEPER (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 20, 2018
For me BI-LO was great in high school. I asked to be worked more due to the added responsibilities of college and they will not schedule me enough. I highly enjoy the people I have worked with and the people I have met. The best thing I learned is people skills. I learned to hold conversations and to help customers in the store.
Part time to full time
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 19, 2018
Part time work is flexible within reason, advancements available, work multiple jobs, customer service . Benefits and pay appropriate for job type. interesting people. management is great.
Pros
work environment
Cons
hours can be hard to control week to week
Unproductive
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Beaufort, SCMay 19, 2018
Managers are very slack at Bi-LO they only promote teens here so they won't have to pay a decent wage. The teens walk around with managers numbers doing overrides for them. Managers call for security we don't have to deter thieves but everybody knows we have none they steal from store open to store close.
Pros
Cons
Lack of management, Nasty Customer Service
Student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAMay 17, 2018
Great working at BiLo with high school friends and making money to put gas in the car. Would only recommending working here if you're in high school or college.
great team work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAMay 14, 2018
Our store was great in Madison and Milledgeville. Hated Store Closed.Management was always stepping in to help with any problem.My hours were every weekend off and work first thing in morning. Miss my co workers
Pros
Managers
Cons
Not enough business
Long hours for management, pay not so great
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, GAMay 14, 2018
Had to work long hours and every weekend.
Had many roles as a manager and had to take care of every problem that arose. It was very stressful because I would be dealing with a technical or employee problem and would always have to stop to deal with customer problem. Was hard to get things done
Pros
Always something different going on, kept it exciting
Cons
Long hours, too many hats to wear at one time
Nice co-workers
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMay 14, 2018
The management could use a turnover. If there was a new store manager, I believe that the employees would enjoy working there. Until then it’s unpleasant to work for.
Cons
Short breaks, management, hours, pay
Back stabbing, managers throw you under the bus to save their job You’re required to work all order days yet stay under 40 hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Statesboro, GAMay 13, 2018
If you can find another job, do so. My advise, don’t look for BiLo to be a career. The better you do at your job the more saluted managers are threatened and want to force you to quit.
Pros
Cons
Pushy, demanding, overbearing, unrealistic expectations
poor mangment that held grudges when you asked for something to be done for you
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 12, 2018
I loved the people I worked with but I hated management. They were really bad at their jobs they did nothing right I cant imagine why anyone would want to work her terrible.
Not all bad
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCMay 12, 2018
How stressful the work day was depended on how busy the store was and what manager you had. Other than that, it wasn't so bad. You get used to it pretty quickly
Convenient Job
Deli/Bakery / Courtesy Clerk / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, SCMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at bilo. It was a fun and convenient job to work while i was attending college. Every one was nice. It was a good Job. It was nice.
Terrible workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCMay 7, 2018
While one of the managers was very pleasant to work with. The rest of the staff walked around with a god complex. We were not allowed to talk with our co-workers standing next to us while we were working without being reprimanded, and this was when no customers were around that we couldn't enjoy pleasant office conversation. It was a bad experience for me personally. I was also more mature than most of the staff that worked there. Maybe a teenager would enjoy this for a first job.
Cons
Uncaring, unpleasant management team.
Underpaid and over worked but still a family.
Produce Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chester, SCMay 6, 2018
I loved my job and many of my coworkers. The store was just under staffed. It was hard to complete day to day tasks In the department because I couldn’t get it all done myself. Other members of the store have the same problems. We get paid nothing and expected to do everything.
Pros
The staff
Cons
No help

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BI-LO. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight