BI-LO

BI-LO Employee Reviews

United States2,096 reviews
Found 2,096 reviews matching the search
Somewhat stressful working environment
The pay was quite low for the amount of work done, but there was coworker diversity and an overall good environment with very supporting individuals. At times can be stressful due to being understaffed at times.
Most closing
Closed pickens location without even giving us a warning! So we couldn't had a chance to find something else but they didn't say anything! Thats not fair to anyone.
Overall not managed well and lack many necessities need to preform your job.
Started and it was fine then I quickly realized that the management situation was completely messed up. I worked then as school came back I asked for less hours so I could focus on school. My hours were not decreased and they wouldn't work with my school schedule so I quit.
My time at Bi-Lo was nothing but the best.
Bi-Lo allowed me to go to school and come back to work during the summer. They were very reliable and trustworthy. Management was great whenever had a problem.
Pros
Reliable, trustworthy management
Cons
Lacking employees for help
Its cool
Very little hours, but very flexible with school and after school activities. I loved it but I do have bills to pay and animals to care for so I just had to leave
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Fun and Productive Enviroment
The job that i held at Bi-lo was simple yet effective at teaching new work place employees the benefits of holding a job at such a young age. This job really showed a new light on how important a education is to new workers.
Overall good
Working at a BiLo store was definitely an experience. I learned a lot working at this job, i was always on time and got promoted very quickly. I definitely enjoyed working there
Friendly Environment
Hard working company
Learned how to cut steaks

Helped customers with needs

Very productive work day

Great managers to work with and learn from

Very great company to work for
I had a very flexible schedule, but the pay was bad for the type of job i performed
If I had to do it all over again I would not have spent half of my working years at Bilo for that low pay. I moved up from cashier, to supervisor, bookkeeper and then head bookkeeper in less than 2 years was the only got thing. I took what I learned there to a better paying job.
Your experience depends upon management, employees/associates and store location.
When I first got started working for the company, it didn't seem like it was all that much trouble. Maybe it was because I was new and didn't notice as much but, the longer I stayed the more I noticed; depending upon the management (both over the store and the district) and the employees, the experience you have can, and will, change. Budget restrictions, lack of proper equipment/supplies, Ill-mannered managers, a few poor managerial decisions, unprofessional/unreliable employees and unreasonable expectations on the relatively small number of employees working in a store that size can sour an experience. However, for a starting job, or a part-time for a student earning money for paying for school fees, BILO is an adequate place to work, and you can make some great connections and learn some great lessons. This is obviously most jobs but, just keep in mind; it's not just the company but, the people who run it and work in it.
Pros
5 - 10% employee discounts on food purchases
Cons
Unreasonable expectations on employee performance at the store.
What was said vs what they did
Felt good about the interview and starting the job. What I was told I would be doing and what I was being asked to do were completely different things. I was also told I would be part time 25-28 hours a week. What I got was reduced hours to two days aweek then one day a week for 8 hours so I qiit.
It was a high schooler job
Managers talked down to you, but some where nice. I just remember one who was really rude. The other cashiers would call out which left a lot of work with few breaks.
Excellent job for students
I worked at BILO for a little over a year. During that time, I was a senior in high school and saving up for college. They work with your schooling and give you somewhat decent hours. If you need or want more hours, just ask your manager. They will be glad to give you more work; I went from working about 9 hours a week to 24. The pay is not decent if you're trying to pay a lot of big bills, but it gives students a little extra spending money. During my time here, I was never given a raise, but I never really asked. Some of my coworkers had never been given a raise, and they had been there way longer than me. When I was leaving BILO, they finally offered me a better paying position, but it was already too late.
It was fine
It has been 5 years since I worked here so i barely remember most of it. We would spend all night stocking the store and then go home. It was rarely anything exciting and the pay was mediocre. Would only recommend if you absolutely needed a job.
At this job, every employee worked together to complete the days tasks. Everyone had great attitudes and work with smiles on their face. They were very helpful to the customers and was willing to help,in any way that they could. Everyone was always busy.
Not my kind of job
I just didn't enjoy being a cashier, definitely not my kind of job. Very slow most days. You stand on your feet 100% of the time and there's barely anything to do.
Cons
Short Breaks, rude customers
under staffed, PDM's expect pharmacist to work alone and do many non professional jobs
Pay was adequate but work atmosphere is below par. Antiquated pharmacies with ill prepared technicians who do little to work with floater pharmacists which I was
Great job. Would do it again.
Worked front end. Bagger. Helped customers take out groceries. Then moved to u-scan. Also worked the cash register. Stocked and unloaded trucks. Would definitely work here again.
N/a
Great company to work for. At the time I was there, the benefits and job growth was very good. Great coworkers and some management staff..............
work
I loved coming into work meeting new customers and being able to interact with them. Although I did not think this job paid enough I really enjoyed my job.
Pretty good for starter job
The job is really easy and the hours are very flexible. It's a great job for people still in school, as they have many different shifts. It's also great as a starter job so you can learn how other jobs will be in the future.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at BI-LO. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight