BI-LO Employee Reviews

Found 1,740 reviews matching the search See all 1,782 reviews
fun job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCNovember 13, 2018
Pretty routine each with knowing what is expected of you when you go in each day. other than that i do not have more to add aside from it being close to home
Pros
close to home
Cons
none really
great place if you want part time
Third Shift Stocker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCNovember 13, 2018
its a good job for someone fresh out of high school or still going and wants something part time for after school mainly just part time work with good people
Overall Job Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro, SCNovember 10, 2018
A very typical day at Bi-lo varied every day, most days it would be a very stressful day, although we did have days that went by very quickly and would be easy on all the cashiers.
Pros
Discounts, good benefits
Cons
poor management
Bilo
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 9, 2018
I loved my job. I got the opportunity to meet a lot of people .It was a very fast pace job. The job required a lot of cleaning due to working with food. I also helped in the bakery when needed.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
slack on pay
Not many hours
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 8, 2018
They management there was a joke they were so childish I would never recommend that place to anyone they never had things in order they played favoritism with certain people cut peoples hours to give their favorite people more hours it was ridiculous
fast paced environment
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NCNovember 5, 2018
Working at Bi-Lo you have to be on your feet for your entire shift. you will need to be able to bend, reach, and lift. It is a fast paced environment.
productive environment
Bookkeeper / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GANovember 5, 2018
First job out of Highschool and it was a pretty crazy environment to work in, they would move me around from being a cashier to a deli/bakery assistant, produce, and then bookkeeping too. I never knew what I was doing when I clocked in.
Pros
always got a 30 min lunch
Cons
never know where you'll be working in the store
Great Stores, lousy cooperation
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 2, 2018
I was never dissatisfied with my manager or my in store team. But every time we had the place running well, cooperate would send down a memo to change it to something worse. My boss was ready to promote me, but his boss wouldn't give the go ahead. I was constantly being prevented from doing my job by cooperate oversight getting in the way. Bilo stores are great to work in, but the cooperation that owns the chain has no idea what they're doing. Work was fast passed but enjoyable and the environment was one of cooperation and mutual support.
Fun place to work
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia SouthNovember 2, 2018
Great employees... I loved working in my department it was always something to do. I loved our customer and the hands on work. Department manager was great as well
Pros
Employees
Cons
Short lunches
ok place to work
Assistant Meat Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCOctober 31, 2018
ok place to work new company took over and got rid of older employees hat were making more money hired on a lot of part time employees to fill in putting more pressure on full time
Management micromanaged employees
Pharmacist Floater (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 31, 2018
BI-LO does not encourage problem solving at the store level. It has unrealistic expectations of pharmacists - cannot meet quotas and still provide excellent customer service.
Favoritism
Assistant Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCOctober 29, 2018
When I worked there I would get there early and leave late, the hardest part of job is watch people from the outside with no experience get hired for a job I also had applied for and I had to train them. The most enjoyable part of job was working and dealing with the community.
Different & fun!
BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Washington, GAOctober 28, 2018
Working a Bi-lo has to be one of the best choices ever. You will never be bored cause there’s always something to do even if it’s cleaning your area during times the sales are low and visitations are low. Great opportunities!
Great place to start a career
Merchandise Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 27, 2018
I really enjoy my role with the company. I think its time for a change in my salary and I don't think the company feels the same. Other than that I was completely happy
Pros
Great mrg team
Cons
Really stressful long hours
It a fun place to work for people how are about to retire and high school kids.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 26, 2018
I stil lwork there it OK for a stepping stone but for a steady income this not it but if you have fulltime job and want extra cash then yeah go for it.
I definitely wouldnt wanna work for them again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 26, 2018
You meet good people sometimes but the company as a whole is quite cutthroat and I probably wouldn't bother with them if given the chance again. Its definitely not the absolute worst but far from the best.
Pros
5% discount
Cons
everything
Fun for teens to have their first job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCOctober 25, 2018
Great job while i was there. But decided i needed more experience in my career field. I also gain alot of communication skills and responsibilities at Bi-Lo.
quick paste
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mullins, SCOctober 24, 2018
i loved working the morning shift cause I'm a morning and people person.
BI-LO Showed Me that Sometimes You Have To multitask
the job is not that hard if you can count money and keep up at a good paste.
Great Workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 23, 2018
Meeting new customers was always great. I enjoyed working early mornings. There was always something new to learn or teach. The managers were always helpful and we enjoyed working together. Hardest part was dealing with unruly customers.
Pros
easy advancement
Cons
late night closing
Not a long-term job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pooler, GAOctober 22, 2018
A typical day at work would be clocking in, signing into your register, and checking out customers. The most enjoyable parts of working at BI-LO was the weekly pay, 5% associate discount, 30-minute meal breaks, and friendly co-workers. The hardest parts of working at BI-LO as a cashier were being constantly short-staffed, having to do the work of other people, having to do a lot of things at one time, using outdated equipment that breaks down during peak shopping times, and unorganized management. Another thing I had to deal with was rude customers who would talk down to me and other cashiers. On the other hand, there were a lot of regular customers who would come in and were really nice. All in all, working at BI-LO was good short-term, but it wasn't something that I could do long-term.
Pros
5% associate discount, 30-min meal breaks, weekly pay; nice co-workers
Cons
Stressful work environment; unorganized; rude, disrespectful customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BI-LO. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight