Biaggis Employee Reviews

Good place to make good money in 6 hours or less
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 18, 2018
There has recently been a management change that I do not agree with, but just hoping its for the best in the long run. New area director is not the most humble of people.
Pros
50 percent discount when you work. 25 percent when you dine in off the clock
Cons
Bad health care, bad vacation pay unless you manage
A nice learning environment
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJune 16, 2018
They are interested in advancement for their employees. I was sent to Chicago for 3 weeks to attend Biaggis University, allowing me to move up in the company.
Great Place in the Service Industry
Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 31, 2018
This is a well run company with many locations. Their are many opportunities for relocation and advancement. The management is consistently better than most in similar businesses.
Sophisticated and fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNApril 16, 2018
Biaggi's is an upscale (but affordable) Italian restaurant. It's the perfect location for n intimate dinner, business lunch, or group event. The management is very focused on the customer and the cleanliness of the restaurant, which feels very rewarding to work for.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Uniform gets hot and dirty (white button up)
Friendly and helpful managements and close staff
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 15, 2018
I loved my time working at Biaggi's. There were many kids around my age that I worked with and I made many friends that I plan to have for a long time, even after I regrettably have to stop working at the restaurant. The establishment is usually pretty busy so there isn't much time for boredom, but everyone always maintains and cheerful attitude and management is always there to step in and help whenever needed.
Pros
50% of food
Cons
Clientele is sometimes rude and entitled due to it being a high end restaurant
Enjoyable place to work
Server/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYApril 12, 2018
I truly enjoyed my time working at Biaggi's. The food was delicious, we had unique specialty drinks, and the staff was a pleasure to work with. Everything I know about the service industry, I learned from this company.
Pros
Discounted food, staff, opportunity to move up in the company
Benefits
Biaggis
Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 1, 2018
Great overall restaurant, solid management and supporting staff, great environment with great pay. Really easy to earn money in tips every night. Most of the prices are fairly expensive on both food and drinks.
Pros
Pay, Enviorment, Great Food
Cons
Flexability
Great people
Resturant Supervisor / Resturant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 14, 2018
Love it their as a job right after college. I needed to be pushed more in my professional career and I also was starting a family. So I went to look for a first shift job.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No vaction time
Fun, good pay, and awesome employees
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoy working here. The culture/people is what makes the job worth staying. It's like a great big family. The workers (cooks, chefs, waiters, bus boys, dish washers, EVERYONE!) look out for each other and work together.

management is super chill, although I do hear whispers of complaints from time to time about them, but I personally don't have an issue with them. I just do my work and mind my own business.

The only downside is you really don't get any breaks (technically I don't get a break, but I guess you would if you are a smoker, they allow that). That's a little rough sometimes, especially on busy days and your feet/back/entire body are really sore. I've worked 6 hour shifts with no break. And while the meals aren't free, you do get a 50% employee discount.
Pros
50% employee discount on some foods, benefits/paid vacation after 1 year of working
Cons
No real designated break (unless you're a smoker), can be very fast-paced and stressful
fast paced high volume great work experience
Bartender/Server/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 24, 2018
As a team leader I have a strong sense of direction, creativity, and communication, which revolves around teamwork, not only with those I work with, but also the customers I am providing a service to. By using these strategies I have a proven track record of regularly and consistently surpassing performance goals. I was naturally drawn to this position, as I am proactive, innovative, and self-driven. These qualities seem to fall right in line with the expectations of this position and I am looking forward to joining the team. Biaggi' s facilitated these ideals
Awesome place to work
SERVER/BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 23, 2018
I would recommend anyone to work here. If your willing to put in the dedication that it takes to accommodate their guests, you will make a lot of money and meet a lot of cool people while your doing it.
Good Position for a Student
Head Hostess (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2018
I liked the managers I worked with. They worked with my schedule and my hours as a student. Like most restaurants, it has a high turnover and this can cause frustration. Valentine's Day is very stressful time to work. Otherwise, for a restaurant in Madison, I thought the hostess position was a great fit while I was a student.
Just very unhealthy
Server, Events, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Some really good people, but some really awful people to work with too. A little too self-important for its own good. Very bland and overdone. Avoid if possible.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
sales reports and mean managers
Cooking
Pantry cook/ Prep cook (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHJanuary 13, 2018
If you like cooking and prepping food its a job for you. You can always doing something and there isn't much down time when you are working. Love working with the people there hours just suck.
Biaggis
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 7, 2018
The job itself is reasonable: answering phones, make reservations, direct guests to tables, follow rotation, and quote accurate wait times. The restaurant could improve on management though.
Pros
high wage for hourly positions
Fun faced place job, perfect for starting jobs
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 28, 2017
being a hostess at biaggis is a great job for someone in Highschool. The hours can be flexible but are often short staffed so it can be stressful. They pay isn't enough to make a living off of. It is also hard to convince managers to promote you to a server.
Fast paced work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 28, 2017
Good food fun to work lovely resturant fast paced dishwashing low hours though also the pay wasnt all that good but in all its a nice place to work at
Great job if you are willing to put in the work
Busser (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 27, 2017
A typical day at work would require you to be on your feet all day bussing tables, cutting bread, and doing anything else the servers require. You also roll silverware
Learned so much about the food industry
Cook (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CODecember 7, 2017
things in this kitchen always felt like an italian mob family. smiles and funny jokes on the outside. cutthroat on the inside. every chef behind that line seemed like they were constantly worried about having enough hours or giving enough hours to the correct people. but honestly, overall i had a blast working here. the front and back of house all seemed to like me a lot and i liked them as well. we had our differences at times but in the end we always were able to laugh and talk about our days and work cohesively.
Pros
learned good cooking skill
Cons
low pay, no growth
Best job I ever had
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSNovember 2, 2017
I genuinely loved working at Biaggi's. The management was friendly and professional, the restaurant was run smoothly, and the guests were always a priority. The side work was fair, the responsibilities were equal.
Pros
50% discount on awesome food
Cons
Slow days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Biaggis. Our community is ready to answer.