BIBO Global Opportunity Employee Reviews

Bibo Global
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  KragujevacAugust 13, 2018
The company runs like clockwork. Be precise, be patient and understanding and you will do great.
But they do not give you a reason to try hard.
No benefits, no payed days off, no promotions.

I just want something new now.
I feel like they don't deserve me.
Pros
Flexible working time
Cons
Low pay, no benefits.
salary of hunger
nothing (Former Employee) –  nothingJuly 25, 2018
bibo has a bias against foreigners who speak two or more languages and pay americans who lack culture and skills paying them much more. This is an abuse against the human rights. I feel that only teachers who are dying for hunger would work for this company.
English Language Teacher
English Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 31, 2018
Working as an English language teacher over Skype with mostly Japanese and Taiwanese students. The hours are long and the salary is "student-based". It was a start.
Horrible low paying job
teacher (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 25, 2017
It's ridiculous that this company pays 2.8$ PER HOUR to some teachers.
No way to get a higher wage despite your performance.

And they pay 6$ per hour to some teachers simply because they started earlier, which is still not a lot, but way better than 2.8$.
It's not fair that not everyone in the company with the same qualifications and the same performance is paid the same!

My advice? Go work for iTutor or any other company because this one is literally the worst. Unless they raise their wages they will lose all their teachers.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Low pay!
Treating their trachers like trash..
Teacher (Former Employee) –  onlineNovember 7, 2017
This might be one of the worst companies ever when it comes to respecting and keeping your employees safe. Students are repeatedly disrespectful or are just booking lessons to pleasure themselfes in front of the web cam. The company does not block or delete students after they are being reported, instead puts prnelties in their teachers for minimizing the camera or ending the lesson..
yes you can make your own schedule but especially for girls this conpanie is more like chat rulette and they are even making money with it.
Pros
Own schedule making
Cons
Rude and secually insulting students, Low income, bad management
Good company. Thank you for letting me worked with you.
English Second Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Home BasedSeptember 22, 2017
Good salary. Good people. Good company. I appreciate them.
I have worked there for a year, I was happy to be the part of the team. I have never encountered such a big and friendly company. They always helped me with my difficulties and forgive sometimes my mistakes.
Very fun most of the time
Online English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Home, PAJune 10, 2017
You get to meet different people every day and learn about their culture. By teaching English for this company I improved my own ability with time. People working in teacher support are very helpful.
Pros
Meeting new, fun people. You make your own schedule
Cons
Cancellations of classes leads to penalization (financial)
Awesome
Online English Teacher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2017
The teaching materials and guidelines are well presented and teachers are spoon-fed with information, also they have a support team you can talk to in case you need any help. The schedule is up to you, weekends have highest booking rate and they often give weekend incentives. The students are very polite, mostly Japanese.
There is no set schedule, you make it for yourself, so your payment depends on how many lessons you conduct.
The best part is the cultural exchange, I've learned so much about different cultures.
There is no paid leave but I can take a vacation whenever I want, which, to me, is priceless.
Pros
flexible time, incentives, easy job
Cons
no paid leave
Flexible schedule but poor payment
tutor (Former Employee) –  RussiaMarch 16, 2017
It is an easy job if you speak English, you basically have to communicate with the Japanese about their day, hobbies etc. Unfortunately the payment is a joke. Also the system is very complicated and if you forget to do basic processes which don't play any role and look like they are put there just so they could pay you less you can lose a big part of what you earn. Also you can encounter students who demand inappropriate things and all you can do is sit there and smile, pretend nothing happened and do on with your lesson. I think all the processes you have to do on your online account before and after the lesson are more tiring and stressful than the actual lesson. Also you have to always be in front of the computer because student can cancel classes whenever they feel like. You have to stay in front of the computer all day if you want to make a decent salary.
Pros
flexible schedule, short lessons
Cons
payment does not correspond with the time and effort
Not one of the best jobs
Online English Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAJune 9, 2016
While this wasn't the best job I've had, it was one of the most fun. The best part of the job and the reason I stayed for as long as I did was because of my students. The job was essentially giving English students in Japan an opportunity to practice their conversation English. This ranged from very basic language lessons to ettiquette in the business world. The students were in a wide age group, from pre-k to senior citizens with one thing in common; a desire to learn/practice English.
Pros
Choice of working hours, working from home
Cons
Not all of the software was compatible with my machine, unprofessional community conversations
Productive and fun work place with respect to diversity
part time ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Home-basedOctober 31, 2015
You can work at the comfort of your home. A fun place to meet and greet other people from all walks of life. They treat you very nicely because you are their "Sensei" or teacher.
Pros
Homebased
Cons
Contractual, No student, No pay
Everyday is a fun learning process
teacher (Current Employee) –  ONLINEJuly 26, 2015
As a teacher in BIBo, you get to meet a lot of students with different nationalities (mostly Japanese) online. And every session is really a fun ambient of learning because you get to learn from their experiences, as students can already be a professional, an old person, or a kid. Even though you only meet online, you still can learn about their cultures and get to adjust with that, like it feels you are living in their country too. With this great experience, you can not mind about wages anymore, it just seem so fantastic to get back to work everyday since you are happy and fulfilled of what you're doing.
Pros
Nice students and management
Cons
Low salary