Bic Corporation Employee Reviews

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians
Clerk (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 17, 2018
The company has changed much in the past 3-4 years. The moral is horrible. Bad decisions are being made on a daily basis. Management lacks empathy,
Benefits
Cons
Too many chiefs and not enough indians
It was boring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2018
No fun at at no water no nothing.... Bhot place to workn . The people are mean. They dont treat u right. The pay was slack. They over work you... The people where nasty.
Management is HORRIBLE
I can't say without backlash (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 9, 2017
The entire management staff needs to be removed from their positions. It is the most disgraceful excuse for management and middle management at any place I have ever worked in my 41 years of life. They treat employees like they are in KINDERGARTEN. You reward us with pens? You reward us with COOKIE parties and PIZZA parties? I would rather have none of those ridiculous things. I am a grown adult, not a kindergartner who will do tasks for you for a cookie or a piece of cheap cheese pizza. Oh thank you for this bag of PENS for my veteran time here more than 5 years, of putting up with this disgraceful and lazy unprofessional management staff. I am going to take this to corporate. They are clearly not being looked at by district management. Unbelievably awful middle+ management. Female backstabbing. Politics. Favoritism, Nepotism. Absolutely deplorable and abominable. "this guy has an agenda" Yes, I do have an agenda. My agenda is to get the truth out to upper management and get these people cross examined and FIRED if need be.
Pros
Comfortable chairs and desk I guess.
Cons
virtually everything. pay, benefits, perks. (as in, terrible)
Great benefits
Electrician I - Production Machine Electrician (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 9, 2017
Great benefits, great salary. Poor management. Lack of direction. Overtime is mandatory, time off is not allowed. Pay is above and beyond, but the work to life balance is not there. Union is going to push the company out of the state.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Time off, duties not defined.
good pay and benefits
Set-up / Operator (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTOctober 5, 2017
be prepared to work a lot of hours.
Not easy if you have a family and want to watch your kids grow up.
Management is not very good in certain departments.
quick pace
DC2 (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed myself wen working there it was a quick pace but still had fun once you learn how to do everything in the warehouse it made the job easier to do.
Good Pay and Benefits - Shady Management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Gaffney,SCAugust 9, 2017
BIC pays goods ,good insurance and benefits . Hours are decent and work is not bad but management is unprofessional . The employee morale suffers because they don't trust management .
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Cons
Excellent comaany when I was employed with them
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCMay 3, 2017
When I was first hired by BIC Corporation, it was through a corporate buy out of Wite-Out Products Inc. At that time, BIC utilized my skills as a mechanic to relocate Wite-Out from Beltsville, MD to Fountain Inn, SC. I grew as a mechanic with BIC Corporation and was promoted to technician and eventually assumed the responsibilities as Maintenance Manager for our facility. BIC was always fair with me and compensated me well for my skills. It was a great company to work for until our operation was shut down and relocated to Malaysia.
Had a great time working there
Kelly Services (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 25, 2017
It was a great job wish I was still there loved my team n the people that I grew to know .... very easy skill learning once u been there for about two weeks
BIC was an outstanding place to work
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
I enjoyed all of my experience with BIC while I was there. BIC is a leader in their industry regarding all of the franchise businesses. BIC is a company that is well thought of in the industry.
Pros
Great company
Hard working job
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Statesville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Fast paste job, always on your feet need to to be focus. working in a pencil factory was a experience of endurance. I learned a lot of hand eye coronation.
great place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTDecember 27, 2016
Although I am a temp at BIC I see how they treat their employees. They have longevity running throughout. Many people have been there 20 + years and still enjoy their jobs. They offer great incentives through out the year and keep it a fun place to work. Yes, they work hard and they have hectic and busy days but there are always smiles and positive vibes in the building.
World wide company with fun products to sell
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTDecember 15, 2016
This was my first job out of college and I had fun selling their products to retail outlets in the Washington DC area. They provided good entry level positions and training.
Was not the best place to work
Picker/Packer Expediter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 27, 2016
Overall this is an easy place to work at. Easy job only thing was hard was getting the rhythm of dropping at a certain speed. Very rude people and leaders.
Pros
Extra money
Cons
Rude people
decent pay, great schedule with LOW
Production, Assembly, Digital and Screen Printing (Former Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNAugust 4, 2016
The pay is decent for the rural location. shifts were either days (5 days a week) or afternoons (4 ten hour shifts a week). I was on straight days either 8 or 12 hour shifts with rare weekend work. I was my own department with very loose supervision which made work very enjoyable - yes I got all of my work done and more. Management was OK, but we went through a merger so things got a little tumultuous with lay-offs and new hires. It was seasonal work so we would have a month or two of unemployment (Lack Of Work) every February or so which was priceless!
Pros
no midnight shift, company company parties and grill-outs. LOW
Cons
no opportunities for advancement or pay increases
Start up division with VP right outside our desks
TYPESETTER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 11, 2016
It was really a neat experience speaking directly with the Vice President of the company. He was very much in touch with all parts of the Pinellas Park, FL division.
Pros
Relaxed yet productive environment
Cons
Personality problem with supervisor
Good pay & benefits BUT ......
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gaffney, SCMarch 26, 2016
Pay & benefits are excellent ,there are some really good people working there BUT management is another story. The worst case of "the good ole boy" network I've ever saw ,it's not what you know it's who you know that matters.The employees love the pay but HATE that place and it's evident from listening to them talk about it and their plant manager and his good ole boy click. There is a lot of tension there amongst the employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits and retirement package
Cons
Management & hostile environment
Adequate
Packer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work would be to come in and check in, see what station you are at and begin your work.
I learned how to make your job more entertaining with speaking to others.
Management wasn't that excellent because of constant irritation with payment until the last minute.
my coworkers were not fairly treated and we were not really too involved to have them tell us what to do.
The hardest part was the organization of the company as a whole, since it is such a big company that the lines for check out were too massive and hard to pull together. The most enjoyable part about the job was meeting people that were different and were very kind to talk to and get to know.
Pros
Bathroom Breaks
Cons
Short Breaks, Terrible organization
LIttle advancement opportunities with IT.
Support Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 17, 2015
Good cultural environment to work in. IT seems to be very isolated fromt the rest of the business and does not provide career paths for their employees.
Pros
Good work envirionment. People oriented company
Cons
Major lack of communication within department. Flat work force with little room for advancement.
temp
lackey (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLNovember 13, 2015
Management are laughable. That's what they do; laugh, giggle and joke but when it comes down to a serious interface they squirm. Mandatory 10 hour days with a moment of notice.Warehoused and piled up like sardines in cheap cubicles amidst a terribly noisy and loud enviroment. BTW, if you're a temp, you are considered to be nothing more than persona non gratis. Picking cucumbers in a dusty field is more rewarding then this job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bic Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.