BIC Graphic Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
Used to be an awesome company to work for. Not anymore. Mandatory OT on a daily basis because they don't hire enough people and many people are leaving or have left because it's such a horrible place to work. You are expected to do the work of multiple people, they don't care about quality, only quantity and making money. Just in the last year they have taken away pension, bonuses, and holiday luncheons to name just a few. Management is a joke. Employees are miserable. They don't make any attempt at making employees happy, they just want to make us work until we drop. Employees are taken out on stretchers almost weekly because of the stress and long hours. You have to give at least 24 hours advance notice if you are going to be sick, or if you are going to have an emergency. If you don't, you will be given a point. 5 points until termination. Fun is strictly prohibited. Communication is non existent. Employees get no appreciation. Money is spent on massive remodels but there is no budget for raises or any type of employee appreciation projects. Wages are far below other companies in the industry. Insurance is high deductible, high premium, high copay with horrible plans that pay basically nothing. Company will be lucky to survive another year.
Pros
Cons
Wages, insurance, management, lack of appreciation, long work hours, mandatory OT daily and on weekends
Forever a Temp
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 13, 2018
The company does nothing but hire temp employees and keeps them around with the promise of one day hiring them on full-time. Durning my short “career” at Bic Graphic I have spoken to fellow co-workers and was astonished to hear that some of them were temps after being here for 7-8months, I spoke to one gentleman who has been here for almost a year and is still a temp! The job honestly is not hard but the place does need better leadership and a better training program for new hires. They also need to convert their “temp” employees to permanent in a more timely fashion to retain people...may help with your turnover.. I’m not sure how much longer this place will be around with the way it’s being ran, the place has so much potential..really just needs better leadership/management. The quality of product come out the place is subpar and no one seems to care. The people here are friendly for the most part but if you are looking for something stable, secure and a place that offers benefits I would personally look else till they get there act straight. If you are looking for something temporary and easy this is the place for you...
Pros
Paid 20 min lunch
Cons
Temp forever, no room for advancement, poor management
Worst management
Printer Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater Beach, FLDecember 25, 2018
We need new management. Production floor is in complete chaos.
Management will not listen to our ideas on how to make things better. Don't know how long this company will remain open at this rate.
We didn't get anything for Christmas this year . No lunch, no card or even a Merry Christmas
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very stressful with long hours 6 days a week
Horrible
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLFebruary 18, 2019
I worked at this job for about 7 months and it was a joke. They hire through a temp service which you will never escape from, they continually promise a hiring packet and at any normal job you have a probationary period of 90 days. Well for my full tenure with the company I was never hired on and then abruptly fired because of "attendance issues" I missed a total of 5 days at the company in 7 months due to my child. Please if you care about your sanity at all do not come to work here. The only positive I had was my night shift supervisor, other than that management is a complete joke inside and out. It's as if nobody in the building that holds a title knows what's going on or how to fix something. Utterly ridiculous.
Pros
Night shift supervisor
Cons
Literally everything else
it was at one time,a good place to work
LEAD (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNFebruary 4, 2019
The HR DEPARTMENT is the worst I have ever seen, and they get away with it. So, there you have it for management. Benefits have went out the door, so have people and moral.
Pros
Cons
terriable place to work
Going to the dogs.
Molding Operator/ Extrusion Operator (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 10, 2018
The culture slowly declined recently. The management team was little to no help. Look for wage cuts or complete shut down of the plant soon. Wish I would have left sooner
Great Company
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 2, 2018
Great Company to work for. The benefits are great. The people are great. The management is great. The work environment is great. Everyone is kind and gets along.
Most enjoyable part of my job
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNDecember 6, 2018
Great co-workers, made a great team,
Working with and learning different departments made working at BIC Graphic USA very enjoyable.
Benefits are great,
Pros
BIC tries to keep their employees engaged by fun activities.
Mostly, it was good
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 4, 2019
I worked at Bic for over 6 years, part-time. The work allowed me to keep my school schedule, and management worked with me with that, as they said they would. Made friends with many nice people, but some of the people in management could be unethical and I had one or two instances in which I was treated in an appalling manner by someone. However, most of my memories of my time at Bic are good ones.
Pros
Great work, flexibility of schedule, and great people
Cons
A couple of bad eggs in management, and the pay was low for part-timers
Everyone is against Customer Service Representatives
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 17, 2019
This is the first call center I've worked for where the WHOLE COMPANY is against you. The customers are actually pretty enjoyable, but everything else is a different story. I've been at the company longer than my supervisor has (yes they hired someone outside to be a supervisor, not promoted from within) and she knows NOTHING. Every problem I've gone up to her for 9 times out of 10 she knows nothing about or how to help me and has to go ask someone else. The only time I ever hear from her is criticism or that I've been in break mode 30 SECONDS more than I should have. I never have one-on-one coaching or anything every productive with her, it's just constant nagging and unnecessary micro managing. Not only do I get NO HELP from my supervisors, other departments JUMP AT YOUR THROAT when you make a mistake, it's a paradox really, the ones who have been there longer get to advance in roles off the phones meaning they have to fill those slots with new people. It's not such a bad thing, but, WE DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING 100% and when we search for the help, we don't get it. Certain departments won't ever answer the phones for customer service because they don't feel like dealing with us. Policies and procedures are changing everyday, and that's fine and all, BUT THEY DO NOT TRAIN US AT ALL FOR THESE CURVEBALLS. They simply send e-mail after e-mail after e-mail with 10 page documents to the point where you have a saved e-mail folder for like 50 E-MAILS And some of them now being obsolete and contradictory and not clear in the language. People from other departments also like to throw  more... random situations where we know very little detail and ask us to COMMUNICATE THAT WITH THE CUSTOMER BECAUSE THEY REFUSE TO TALK TO CUSTOMERS BECAUSE THAT'S THE LOWLY PLEBS cUsToMeR seRvIcEE's jOBBB to communicate with customers. I can't wait to find a new job because I've never felt so hated by a company, it's appalling, I have literal anxiety attacks everyday having to come to work ready to defend my self to someone jumping down my throat from all positions, departments and management.  less
Pros
paid lunch, holiday pay
Cons
Stress, Stress, Stress, Panic Attacks, No help, no resources, expectation to work to death
worst job i ever had
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNFebruary 12, 2019
would not recommend this place to anyone. poor management and poor moral throughout the company. Pay stinks, and the work is very repetitive and unfulfilling.
productive
magnet cutter (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNNovember 1, 2018
this place is a really great place to work they care about you and your family. they give you benefits that can really help you. a typical day at work i actually enjoyed getting up early and going into work i highly recommend this place. the people are fun to work with
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
theres no cons
Stagnant
General Accounting (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33716November 18, 2018
There seems to be a constant lowering of employees knowledge. It feels as though the business is slowly failing. There are constant meeting about improvements, but there is zero requirements to achieving these goals.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Accomplishing improvements
It's Changed
Employee (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 27, 2018
The company was recently sold to a private equity firm and has gone down hill dramatically. All new management, but they are no more effective than previous managers. Saying things will change doesn't create change.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Management, culture, future outlook, IT deparment
Na
Processor, CSR , Trainer & Mentor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 4, 2018
The most enjoyable was employee interaction. The hardest part leaving due to much outsourcing and change of command/new management. Best part of job working with some amazing & knowledgeable people. Workplace comfortable.
Pros
Employee interaction great
Cons
Departments closing - outsourcing out of US.
Just dont
Order Entry (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 24, 2018
It is not worth working for Bic. You are underpaid and over worked. When i was working at Bic i was work 11-12 hrs a day 6 days a week. Bic promotes bad behavior and do not promote the people that work hard and know the job. I would never recommend working for Bic
Unprofessional management style
Manufacturing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNJune 12, 2018
I did not enjoy working at BIC due to the unprofessional management. Advancement is given through how long a person has been employed, not qualifications. Do not not work for this company.
Shipping/Warehouse
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Sleepy Eye, MNOctober 8, 2018
This place is the most stressful inconsiderate company I have ever worked for. The people talk behind your back. If you are sick they take your vacation. There is no sick time. They will not help you if you become too stressed at the job. During the busy season you have to work 13 days in a row at 12 hours a day. The management is inconsistent. If you don’t suck up you are shunned. Supervisors have their favorites. You are supposed to switch positions inside the job every 2 hours to avoid being hurt but that never happens. You will lift boxes for 10-12 hours that weigh 40+ everyday. Instead of letting you ride a forklift to pickup jobs or process the jobs. They don’t do anything about injuries.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay for work and hours. No life
Relatively easy, well-paid job.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Wing, MNSeptember 18, 2018
As someone who only worked low-paying grunt jobs before this, this was definitely a step up. Starting wage for a production worker is $13 an hour. The work itself isn't that hard, depending on which department you go to. The fast paced jobs are rewarding, and the slow paced jobs are peaceful, if boring sometimes.

But for some weird reason, the other workers hate their jobs and hate management. Most of the workers I worked with were nice, but there's one or two who just have it so haaaard making $17 an hour sitting in a chair applying logos to products all day.

They've also moved to a new computer system for processing jobs, and it's 100x more time-consuming and cumbersome than the old one.

Make sure you clock in on time. They'll fire you for being two minutes late a few times.
Pros
Good pay, easy work, lunchroom that sells food on-site, can apply for better paying jobs, management goes out of their way to make workers happy.
Cons
Lunchroom food is expensive, some departments have mandatory overtime, some workers are angry and entitled, you can't be even a minute late, new job tracking system is terrible.
Fast-paced, but love sitting by my co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 6, 2018
I have learned a lot through this company that I never knew before. It's a good company to work for, and great place to meet new friends. Once you become a full time employee, you get benefits pretty fast which is really nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIC Graphic. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight