Big 5 Sporting Goods

Big 5 Sporting Goods Employee Reviews in Moses Lake, WA

Moses Lake, WA4 reviews

2.9Pay & Benefits

Found 4 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,359 reviews

Horrible management - worked with my schedule

Bad management, degraded you, never stood up for you, no training. Worked will my complicated and unexpected schedule and I really appreciated that cause I was also a care giver for a family member. Not a bad company, family oriented, but horrible hiring.

Pros

Pot lucks, good schedule

Cons

Bad management, no training

Don't advance.

This job was only sometimes stressful working part-time. Full-time was generally okay but definitely more stressful. Store management/the only in-store salary position is horrid. If your staff doesn't like you on a personal level they write you up for it. If one person says you did something negative and you deny it, and have other witnesses deny it, they will still writeyou up for it. This company cares about you and treats you pretty decently until you become a store manager, then they run you down. The salary is fine for the area I currently live in but in other areas where the cost of living is higher it is a struggle. They only pay you for 45 hrs/wk but require you to work 55-60 hrs/wk through the holidays with nothing for it. There are no bonuses or incentives for working the extra hours, just that they'll fire you if you don't... Good luck!

Pros

Flexible schedules for part time

Cons

Hours vs pay on salary do not balance

Big 5 Sporting Goods insights

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Productive fun place to work.

Your typical work day at big 5 depends on whether you are a cashier or sales. As a cashier you see everyone who comes into the store, I learned customer service working here. This was my first real job and I have learned a lot of information about retail and customer service. The workplace is usually pretty relaxed and compassionate, if you're not feeling well they send you home to get better. They also work well about school schedules and families. All though this may not be the best workplace for say a parent because there are no set schedule's. I would say the hardest part of this job would be dealing with customers and learning all the policies. The most enjoyable part of this job would be my co workers.

Pros

discount

Cons

no set schedule

fun place to work

Great place to enter the job field of sales, manager was great when I worked there, place is always busy with something to do all the time, not always doing the same stuff everyday.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Big 5 Sporting Goods?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big 5 Sporting Goods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.6
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight