Big Bend Homeless Coalition Employee Reviews

Would highly recommend. The employees are thoughtful and very compassionate about their clients!
SOCIAL WORK INTERN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 16, 2019
Big Bend Homeless Coalition is a wonderful place to work. The employees are very helpful and have a true compassion for their clients! I loved the job
Quck Pace
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahasee , FloridaMarch 11, 2019
The job required vary attention detail orientated, dealt with a plethora of people in any giving moment while also dealing with disciplinary as well as mental issues.
Stay away
Administrative Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 7, 2018
Stay away from this agency, the Management is horrible, no diversity, no people of color is in management, the management only wants you to work for low money and 5 positions.
Pros
can't find any
Cons
everything
OK Place to work
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 3, 2017
Difficult job for the pay. You have to monitor resident activity, make sure they are following rules, doing their chores, not killing each other, etc. There are all these rules you have to enforce, but nothing happens when residents curse you out or threaten to fight you. Absolutely NOTHING - they claim to have "treatment meetings" but really what goes on is residents are allowed to trash the staff member who wrote them up, then are let off the hook. There are "supposed" to be rules in place that prohibit residents for cursing and threatening eachother and staff. However, when this happens and no matter how many times it happens...NOTHING gets done about it. The listed consequences are not imposed. Administration does NOT care whatsoever about the welfare of their staff. It's really very sad.
Pros
Lenient for arriving late, paid holidays/sick days, health/dental insurance
Cons
residents confrontational and aggressive, staff is held accountable when residents break rules
Homeless Coalition
Resident Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 5, 2017
Again, don't think this should be required. The homeless coalition was a good place when I worked there. A new director took over so I do not know what it is like now.
Great way to help the community and children in need
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 14, 2017
It was a very energetic environment and the children were always grateful to see the volunteers. It was a great way to interact with kids and give them the support and positivity that they needed.
Great place to give your time back for a good cause.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 9, 2017
Big Bend Coalition deals with the homeless population. It's about helping people getting back on their feet. Making sure the residents meets their goals to transition back into society.
Pros
Helping Residents
Cons
You will get burned out
Great
Lead Case Coordinator/Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 23, 2016
I have had the pleasure of working in the field of housing and homelessness since 1998. I am very professional and the 2 jobs that I have held with the agencies that I worked for have been nothing but the best. Professional and Loyal to staff and the residents we serve!
Constantly moving and helping residents
Case Manager (Internship) (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 4, 2016
Interning as a case manager has prepared me for my future career in Social Work. I can perform case management and supportive counseling. I am able to conduct screenings, assessments, and intakes, I can monitor client’s progress, maintain files and ensure that appropriate forms are kept up to date.
Pros
Being able to closely monitor your clients
Cons
Working at a facility where your clients live, clients will constantly need you and can sometimes pull you away from the work you have to get done.
Experience
Case Manager (Intern) (Current Employee) –  West Pensacola, FLMay 22, 2016
Wonderful work environment. worked with a wide variety of clients i was able to exercise the skills that i learned in school i was able to use and assist clients. i was able to assist clients with need assessments, I managed clients progress, maintained files and ensure appropriate forms are kept up to date. I lead groups.
Great place
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 2, 2015
This Opportunity provided me the ability to reach out to people less fortunate. At this occupation I was able to see first hand how to run a non profit organization. Bringing awareness to this organization allowed me to meet with great people that I learned a lot from. I was able to network. filing occupied most of my day .
Loving environment
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 23, 2014
I love being able to help everyone to become more independent
Very good.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 24, 2014
This was an internship that I really enjoyed. I had several case loads that I supervised during my internship. I gained a lot of information regarding homeless veterans in Tallahassee, FL.
Super fun and Exciting work place
Resident Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMay 29, 2012
On a typical day I come in and check with other staff to see how the day has been going so far. if there is an issue it is easy to discuss it with management. The hardest part of the job is keeping all of the residents happy. The most enjoyable part is the residents.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
An effective and upbeat agency with staff who are truly dedicated to helping their clients find stable housing and employment.
Americorps Member/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 10, 2012
A typical day at BBHC included meeting one on one with my clients (single men, single women, and families who were experiencing homelessness and living on our transitional housing campus) to work on educational, housing, and employment needs, as well as medical advocacy and mental health concerns. After each meeting, I would document key factors of the meeting in each client's file. I participated in weekly team meetings with other case managers and a supervisor for each of these groups. I also screened new potential residents for each of the three dormitories, and performed intake bio-psycho-social assessments for each new client.
In my experience at BBHC, I learned how to address the complexity of issues for individuals and families experiencing homelessness, including helping them access government benefits, assessing mental health needs and interventions, and issues surrounding domestic violence and child abuse.