Big Bend Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very Friendly place to work
Adm Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXNovember 12, 2018
Great Staff, Very organized hospital that kept its employees happy and made a fun working enviroment. Coworkers were like family and they did different activities throughout the year to help you get to know one another.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome place to work
RN Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJuly 1, 2018
This was one of my favorite places to work, I enjoyed the diversity of the culture. It was a very small town, and the people that lived there knew everyone. I learned so much here, with being able to float to different units, I was able to learn ICU, ER, and OB.
Stressful, Unorganized and Prejudice Work Environment
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXApril 1, 2018
Very stressful work environment. Money was good but not worth it. A lot of prejudices come to effect there and would write employees up for doctors orders and requesting off until released by a doctor. Very disappointing experience.
Pros
Money
Cons
Prejudice
Good place to grow!
LVN (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXOctober 17, 2017
This was my first nursing job and it really helped me to learn. Everyone was a great team player and would take the time to teach if you didn't understand something. Great management and the benefits were amazing.
Great Hospital
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJuly 18, 2017
Working at Big Bend Regional Medical Center was honestly the best job I have ever had. My director and employees were great to work with. Overall Alpine is a great little town.
Great Place to work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJuly 17, 2017
BBRMC is a fantastic place to work with a great culture, staff and physicians. Truly a family feel to the workplace. The only drawback is it is very remote. That could be a positive for some however.
Pros
great staff, quality care, super culture
Cons
Very remote
Love my job
Physician (Current Employee) –  Alpine, TXMarch 7, 2017
I thoroughly enjoy working here and calling Alpine my home. Since this is a rural hospital and we have limited people to fill positions, there are times you feel stressed and overworked. However, everyone who works here calls this area home and is in it for the long-haul. We work hard and are a tight team and support each other in ways I have never experienced before.
Pros
Management open to changes, small hospital/tight work family
Cons
Rural town, low level of acuity
Beautifull location
Director of Surgical Services (Current Employee) –  Alpine, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Going through some growing pains right now, new CEO, CNO & staffing.. Tries to feel like family, Small hospital, small town
Not a bad place to start
Admission Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXApril 12, 2016
I had my start at BBRMC straight out of college. It was challenging and demanding, however, the workload was sometime too much to handle. I felt as though the company was understaffed and was under paying their employees. I did enjoy my time there I learned a lot and made great friends.
Very negative environment
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXJuly 24, 2014
Very negative environment run by favoritism and cover-ups that could lead to termination of job. Uncooperative co-workers.
Pros
Dealing with the patients and their families.
Cons
Uncooperative co-workers and boss
Has been a great experience
Acting/Interim (Former Employee) –  Alpine TexasNovember 28, 2013
Has been a great experience. I have learned a lot in this environment and will miss many aspects of this job. The availability to advance and earn a nice salary are definitely a plus.
Bbrmc
CRT (Current Employee) –  Alpine, TXFebruary 24, 2013
once there i get report from previous shift CRT, then go to nurses report, then i would do any treatments due after this, then i check all oxygen tanks and replace empty ones with full ones, being the only therapist working the shift i then check in with the nurses and see if they need any help. the hardest part of my job is working alone. the most enjoyable part is be able to assist a patient with any need and making sure he/she knows they are valued there at BBRMC
Pros
small rural hospital - small work load
Cons
cafeteria is only open for breakfast and lunch.