Big Lots

United States7,655 reviews

Found 7,655 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,707 reviews
furniturestorebiglotsdiscountcashiertruckstockingshelf

productive and easy

a good part time job. i work in the furniture department, so i learned how to sale. the hardest part of the job is adapting to the scheduling. overall the workplace is good.

Good Place to Work

I would say there wasn't enough time to get everything done but the store was short staffed and it was during the pandemic. Overall seemed like a good place to work although I did move on to something else.

Pros

Fast Paced, Good Co-Workers, Discount

Cons

Constantly getting pulled to a task that is unrelated to you/your department.

Big Lots insights

Based on 4,242 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Easygoing

this job is not that bad, things are easy going, of course your working retail so you can expect problems with some customers every once in a while. Pay is ok, could be better

Productive and easy job.

I love working for a place that really accepts me. Other companies make you feel bad with mental illness but Big Lots managers are very understanding.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Short breaks

Business model treats you like a robot. No discussion.

Big Lots business model is horrible. Managers are untrained and don't do their jobs properly. Most stores are a complete, filthy mess. Workers are not allowed to clean because the business model allows no time to do it. Workers are not paid for time off from covid and expected to work after one week, even without a negative covid test.

Fun place but it is work.

When I started I love going to work it was fun even though it was work. My Co-workers soon became my friends. With change of upper Management things started to change but I hung in retired and I now have a discount for life.

Fun

The good thing about working at Big lots is meeting new people. You keep yourself pretty busy all day. The bad thing is being on your feet all day. The rest of the employees are really good people funny and very hard worker's.

good work life balance

there's a lot of support which helps get the work done. work life balance is great. but could improve on communication st. yes.

Stand out

The managers were always there if needed, great atmosphere, amazing co workers, everyone does there job. It's always clean. Everyone helps every one out

Fun work environment with little supervision.

It was a good company to work for but I didn’t get a lot of hours. The work is easy, I mainly worked on the cash register and stocked shelves. You’re also responsible for ordering store products and making planograms.

Pros

Easy work, fun environment, employee discount.

Cons

Have to work on Sundays, sometimes you don’t get enough hours.

Demanding under appreciating experience

No full time unless you’re management or a lead.Schedules not posted until the day before the week starts.Low amount of hours/random times.Anti-union!

Pros

Discount on items and furniture

Cons

Understaffed, anti-union, low hours, low pay

I love my co-workers but company focus too much on getting reward sign ups, raises dnt happen on reg basis.

I have worked 2+yrs for this corp. Focus too much on reward sign ups n not enough on keeping good loyal employees. People quit, get rehired and put in management positions. I would NOT recommend working there unless u are ok with unequal treatment.

Don’t recommend working for them

Worst Place to ever possibly Work. Managers are disrespectful and don’t like a certain type of person, Has no respect for they’re employees, and they expect the impossible

Pros

Discount

Cons

Short Breaks. Bad Management

You get to meet different people I have flexible hours

I enjoyed working for the company but the particular store went out of business and then I found a better job with better pay Working for big lots Has lots of perks I enjoyed it even though I don't work there now I still shop here it was a great experience

Pros

A good place to shop and work at the same time

Cons

Short breaks and no health care

Good place

I like working here. They are willing to work around your schedule. I mainly work as a cashier. Sometimes I work the floor pitting stuff back where it belongs. I will also help restock the shelf's with product from the warehouse. I would also help out customers find what they are looking for.

Not a bad place to work

The work is physical and a lot to be done with limited staffing, but it's far better than some retailers.At store level, there can be a lot of micro managing and too much favoritism.Corporate level, have an amazing district manager and regional. Had the CEO visit my store and was treated with great respect. He truly listened to me and I did see results from that conversation.

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility

Cons

Store level management

Wonderful place to work!

I had an incredible experience working with the Big Lots team. It truly felt like family. My supervisors were fantastic and I honestly miss working there. I only resigned because of relocation.

Great job, terrible scheduling

I loved my job, turn over is horrid. In 2.5 yrs I had 2, 7 cent raises. If management don't like you, your raises will reflect it. You can work as much as possible, fill in for others and still can't advance.

Bad Manager

Few hours a week or no hours at all.Does not like women.Not one ounce of kindness or respect.Poor work environment. Working there was like High School!

Big lots is a pretty decent place for managers to work. You learn a lot not just in your role but in every position with the company. The workload is hard but definitely the company is very personable and whatever situation you are in good or bad Big Lots has your back!

fun place to work and plenty of room for growth.

I've always been given the opportunity to go higher up in the company. They take good care of there employees and are always seeking new talent from within.

Common questions about Big Lots

Answered by current and former employees at Big Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Lots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Big Lots with

Big Lots reviews by popular job title

• Big Lots