Big Lots Employee Reviews

Some coworkers are friendly nice for a part time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Nice for part time bc they don’t hire full time. Friendly co workers managers always hounding you tho. Nice environment. Easy work. Managers are okay.
Pros
I’d you worked 8 hours you got a lunch break, 20% discount
Cons
No healthcare, no benefits but discount
Lack of employee's care
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJanuary 21, 2018
really sorry to say, since Big lots changed management the workplace environment has changed. Pic'n' save was pro employee. Big lots is CEO" benefits.
Pros
20% discount
Cons
pro corporation benefits
Fast paced, challenging, not for everyone, physically demanding job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Tremont, PAJanuary 20, 2018
A typical warehouse working environment. Not for everyone. Very physically demanding at times. Fast paced job with great benefits. Hours are there if you want them.
Good place to work at
Big Lots (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 20, 2018
A typical day a big lots as an employee if on the stock team you will mostly be in the back ether sorting the back little warehouse gathering the pallets for the day then you will be assigned a spot in the store and then you push your pallet there and start to stock the product. the hardest part of the day was meeting the count of 6 pallets a day.
Typical store job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2018
The cashier was fast paced, the breaks were whatever worked with the flow of customers and other workers breaks. Stocking the shelves were at night after closing and didn't last long.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Standing on your feet
Fun and friendly workplace
Service Desk Cashier (Former Employee) –  Eastpointe, MIJanuary 18, 2018
A busy day and fun at the same time. I learned to balance the credit card machine and do refunds. Management was spectacular. The hardest part was dealing with stressed customers.
Pros
Discounts
Benefits
Good leadership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 18, 2018
Competent leadership with bright future of change. Bright future for this company with the visions of current ceo. Good benefits package for associates.
Productive and very fun place to work
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSJanuary 18, 2018
I loved this job. I operated cash register. I stocked shelves and unloaded trucks of freight. Management was awesome.The only reason I left was for better pay.
Pros
Great enviroment, fun work, awesome managers
Cons
short breaks
discounted store
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 17, 2018
It’s good for someone going to school. They are willing to accept any schedule. You can also do overnights. Management was good. overall, the company's benefits were not that great.
Just dont
Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Big Lots treats its employees as if they are disposable. There are unrealistic expectations and even managers are considered to be disposable. You are expected to be willing to stab fellow employees in the back.
Kind of Stressful
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 16, 2018
My review of big lots was management was not getting along with each other which made it hard for the employees to work with each other . Sometimes it was decent other times to stressful
busy work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJanuary 16, 2018
busy every day
enhanced my managerial skills
My DM was appreciative
too busy not enough hours for associates
always busy
great CEO
It was a very rewarding place to work for.
Pros
20% discount daily
Good Job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJanuary 15, 2018
Management was nice. They preferred part time employees that had other jobs so management just worked around the employees' schedules. The employee discount was one of the reasons many people worked there.
Pros
Labor not too intense and Employee discount
Cons
Some heavy lifting
Associate Manager/Mantainence Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCJanuary 15, 2018
I do not have any review son big lot because it was a fun thing for me. I will go back when I retire from this job and I will think about going about it
former sales associate at big lots Fountain Valley & Huntington Beach
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I was getting mistreated at the first location in Huntington beach, ao I then transferred to the one in fountain valley cause it was closer to were I live, to then get treated even worst at that location, which caused me to eventually quit cause I couldn't take the treatment I was getting, I have health disabilities which they knew bout but still kept having me do stuff that was a huge strain & problem for my health disabilities, there were so many times where I almost hurt myself cause they had me do more physical & heavy lifting as if they didn't care if I got hurt, they always picked favorites, & many people including some managers were staight lazy & didn't do much while on the clock
Pros
discounts
Cons
mistreatment
Big lots gives back, it has a great volunteer program
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Big Lots gives many opportunities to volunteer and give back to the community. From working at the Food Bank, Ronald McDonald House or the Furniture bank along with other opportunities, employees are encouraged to give back.
Pros
Food bank
Good part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Good part time job. Being paid weekly is nice. Very willing to work with you on making your hours work with your schedule. Pay pretty low. Atmosphere is friendly and relaxed.
It's was okay it was a good place to work a lot of long term employee that had great knowledge
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Good company and great employee that had a lot of knowledge and experience I really appreciate them and I was free to do what ever I need to do for the good of my location and everyone had good customer service skills and we all got a long
productive and fun workplace
Furniture Associate (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 14, 2018
productive and fast paced work environment with great teamwork within different departments. Great customer service and merchandise is of good quality
looking for your first job?
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 14, 2018
its a decent place to obtain initial work experience for retail or customer service, for high school students/graduates or people lacking work experience. The company overall is chaotic and unorganized and the pay is minimum wage. Will obtain customer service experience
Cons
benefits only to full-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big Lots. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9