Big O Tires Employee Reviews

Work environment was fun and coworkers were down to earth
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 18, 2019
As a tire tech the work was fun But management was horrible to there employees and would fire anyone for any little thing. The job overall was fun....
Pros
Lunches we're 1 hour long that was cool
Cons
No over time and no pay raises what so ever
This is were you go when your all out of options.
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZApril 16, 2019
Low wage for the work you do
Management and ownership show favoritism almost all types of management at this establishment will degrade your work as whole
Work environment is sub par at best
With the right attitude you will make good friends regardless of the work environment itself
Cons
No real breaks, management and ownership
Great
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 12, 2019
This company is great for those who needs a job and still be able to be independent. You’re your own boss. Great organization and management. No dress code which is great.
Managers were terrible.
Parts Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 12, 2019
Ran parts to and from their warehouse. Managers would not communicate and would send me on 3 different routes at the same time, all expecting their their route to be put above the others. Managers were also not understanding of the fact that warehouses sometimes were busy and would have me wait in line for my parts/tires. I was also encouraged to speed in unsafe conditions regularly and the company would not perform maintenance on their trucks, their truck tires had little to no tread despite the fact that this is a tire shop. Was also forced to stay late several times and make a route that would have me back an hour later than the time I get off despite being promised to be off earlier.
Pros
Cons
No lunch breaks, disorganized, rude managers.
Not my ideal work place.
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Payson, UTApril 9, 2019
While it could be fun to work with people you got along with, the management was rough and in general it was a tough environment to work in. The salesmen would often ask us to do things that lacked integrity simply to improve their commission and had very little respect for the guys getting the actual work done.
Cons
No benefits, paid time off, or perks of any kind.
Great learning
Counter Help/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAApril 9, 2019
Busy days and slow days but it was a okay place to learn about automotive work. The hardest part would have been when a customer was not happy with the work
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
did not get breaks all the time
Bad Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 7, 2019
Management is horrible. Get treated poorly. Very sexist. Pay is not worth the work you have to do. Corporate doesn’t communicate well enough with the lower staff. I gave them a one star because zero stars isn’t an option...
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad management, no communication
Very unprofessional
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 4, 2019
Very unprofessional, and the sales team just wanted to upsale and get there commission every month. It was super laxed employees would often go out and smoke some pot and cigarettes on down times. I felt bad for the customers who came too our shop. I only lasted 6 months before I had to move on to further my career.
Pros
Laxed
Cons
Money hungry
The people i worked with where great but the pay was about the same pay as a fast food joint
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 3, 2019
It never made any sense to me how we fix peoples cars for a living but a person flipping burgurs can make the same pay with less risks involved... For example. If you mess up a burger its no big deal you can just remake it.. However if you mess up someones car you can seriously hurt someone or even jeopardize the company in a way.
Pros
You can learn alot
Cons
Long working hours for not that great pay
Fun and competitive and also relaxed environment
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAMarch 25, 2019
I liked working with big o tire was meeting alot of nice people plus my boss was teaching me all types of things inside the shop like balancing tires and tuning cars..
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Job was made more difficult caused by stress caused by management
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEMarch 21, 2019
Job was not the best in the world and was made more difficult due to poor management and unreasonable expectations.
Long days were tasking and the lunch break was only 30 minutes. Not much time for a person to eat before returning to work.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Difficult management
Better be ready to work up and early
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAMarch 14, 2019
Arrive on time and enter building with key cards. Stand in for morning meeting and then be assigned objective for the day. Get safety harnesses and access forklift specified for the job objective handed to you in the morning.

Workplace culture wasn't bad. Became acquainted with most since the job involved a lot of communication throughout the day.

Hardest part of the job is not getting tired. It was tough work, weather its was physical or mental.

I really enjoyed the company of associates around me. I also very much appreciate them for teaching me multiple classes of forklift and believing in me.
Pros
A lot to learn, great break room, trusting.
Cons
not everyone was a workhorse
Great
Head Tire Tech (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMarch 14, 2019
I loved this company very much. Great entry level positions, I started at the bottom with absolutely no prior experience. Worked up to management, and training.
love all my co workers but manager is mean to people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, COMarch 13, 2019
I was asked to come work here by the manager and he treats all of his employs like garbage not just me makes for a hostile work environment no one is happy at all there daily because he belittles everyone daily not good comments for anyone never has anything nice to say the assis. manager tries daily to make all costumers happy and employs also
Horrible experience.
Tire Technician (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMMarch 12, 2019
Basically work your hardest for no thanks . Paid peanuts. Worked 12 hours a day 6 days . Not paid for all the online training we had to do. Very high staff turnover.
Management at the south locust location is horrible!
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMarch 11, 2019
If your looking for a stable job were you will get paid fairly and treated fairly this is not it, you get promised raises that you never get. You get treated nice in the beginning but soon after the manager shows his true colors many people have quit due to him yet no one seems to see the problem is not the workers its the manager. If you want someone to cuss at you and treat you horribly apply here otherwise keep looking. Not worth your time trust me! Worse job ever!
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Horrible management, low paying job, treated unfairly
Productive and fun workplace
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2019
A typical work day was fast passed and customer service oriented. Everyone worked together to achieve success. Great support from upper management. Good workplace culture.
Make a ton of money
Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAMarch 2, 2019
You can make a lot of money with Big O but you will loose your lifestyle balance. The products they sell (tires) are a good value. The mechanics are not very good for the most part but if you can bring a few with you life will be easier. The owners, if they’re smart, will leave you alone to make them money. Unfortunately too many owners don’t know a thing about the auto business and tend to create drama and problems in the shop.
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours, coworkers
Good Company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 26, 2019
Big-O-Tires does a good job of taking care of their employees. They also excel at customer service and maintaining their stores. I would recommend them.
Somewhat ok to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Ogden, UTFebruary 22, 2019
The people are great, not good pay for the amount of hours you work. Health insurance is expensive. No family life. Have to make sure your sales don't get stolen from you or you just get hourly pay rate, an that is extremely low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Big O Tires. Our community is ready to answer.