Big R Stores Culture reviews

Great job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pontiac, ILMay 11, 2019
Love working here. Very friendly coworkers and laid back envarment. I love have our managers are very understanding and know the importance of family and will helping needed.
I liked the workers but not manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homer Glen, ILJanuary 9, 2019
I enjoyed working here but the manager wouldn’t get things right away or tell you things. The cowkwers are amazing and also the customers were really nice and friendly.
Retail sales/ working with the public
Cashier/ Team Member (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, CODecember 18, 2018
It is scheduled shift work, generally in a week you will work several days of late shifts and several earlier shifts. stocking of merchandise and supplies, assisting customers demands, and any other needs deemed necessary for the customer, while maintaining a good attitude and smile. What I have learned is that management is never satisfied. Workplace culture is retail, hardest part of the job, can be working with the public and /or management. the most enjoyable part is working with good people and co-workers, turning what can be a rough situation into a pleasant one.
Pros
working with good people
Cons
very low salaries, and very little advancement if any
Workplace
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo West, COOctober 3, 2018
I had a great experience working for Big R. The management team and team in general was easy to get along with, was able to ask for help and you would receive it. Just a great company and people in general.
Generally pleasant place to work
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Marion, INMay 1, 2018
When I began working for this company I genuinely enjoyed it, with time my patience with customers and the company grew thinner and thinner. My coworkers are amazing, customers just make the job difficult.
Productive and organized
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 30, 2017
Very structured and consistent work day, great group of people in the distribution center, learned to operate a forklift, stack and wrap pallets, load and unload trucks, nice people, great attitudes.
Assistant Manager IT (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COSeptember 19, 2016
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel part of the BigR family. I worked out at the corporate office which had a great culture and atmosphere.
Pros
Flexible with time. If you needed family time they would give time off freely
Cons
Seriously none
Not much to it...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 10, 2015
Management is not the best. They care about the store and not about the employees. Wages are not competitive and not very much room for advancement. Co-workers are nice and helpful to others in different departments. It was a fun place to work because of the people I worked with.