Big Sandy Superstore Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
I highly enjoy working for this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2018
I enjoy working for Big Sandy, but if you’re looking for a Monday through Friday, set schedule, this is not the place for you. Weekends are mandatory.
Pros
Good pay, good work environment
Cons
Weekends, long hours
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 22, 2018
Big Sandy Superstore is a great family oriented environment. Would highly recommend the store. They have very flexible hours and work great with their works with children.
wonderful work family
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYMay 16, 2018
Wages were not great unfortunately, but the people I worked with were amazing. The work was enjoyable and I loved interacting with the customers and fellow associates.
Long hours, low pay, poor management.
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHApril 17, 2018
If you are not a relative to someone in management, there is virtually no opportunity for advancement. The managers expect you to do the jobs of other crews, who were too lazy to do their own jobs.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks, 30 minute lunch, great coworkers.
Cons
Long hours, low pay, poor management, low opportunity for advancement.
Just don't
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMarch 22, 2018
Not much to say, worked there once for 2 1/2 years then a second time for almost a year, which was a huge mistake, save yourself and look elsewhere unless you like being lied to about advancements and being over worked without getting the pay for the effort you put into it.
Stay Away
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace OhioMarch 12, 2018
Such a terrible company they will rip you off and don’t care for anyone but themselves. Worked there for some time and its the most cut throat atmosphere you could ever dream of. All the way from your local store to the corporate office. Do yourself a favor and don’t get involved.
Pros
Cons
Occasional free lunches
its OK
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  KYJanuary 24, 2018
Commission based, and highly competitive, especially on slow days. high turn over rate with new employees. Great overall management at store level, but poor at top. Company states that it is based on golden rule, but it is based on what makes you the most gold.
Big Sandy Super Store
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 14, 2018
Customer service
working closely with customers to help them furnish their homes.
It was a fast paced enviroment. There were many times when I had to wait on more than one customer at a time and be able to give both full customer satisfaction.
Worst company I have ever worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYDecember 13, 2017
Extremely unprofessional at the location I work/worked at. You cannot confide in management because it gets repeated. You will not get time with your family ever. Very low wages and advancement is based upon looks and friendship. I'm sure other locations aren't all the same. I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. Employees talk ill about customers, each other, and the company. Don't work here if you have any dignity.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours, management, disciplinary, low advancement
Fast paced, competive.
General Manager/Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Maysville, KYDecember 7, 2017
Working for Big Sandy was a great experience. It challenged me and taught me a lot about Retail, Management and Business, as well as being competive. It is a company that is growing at an enormous rate. Benefits were great along with vacation time accrued. They afforded my family and myself a good quality of living. I thought that Big Sandy grew larger than their staffing which caused issues in communication and execution which in turn caused unnecessary stress upon staff. But overall I would not have traded this opportunity for another.
Pros
Vacation and Benefits
Cons
stressful environment
overall not a bad place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHNovember 23, 2017
not much home/work life balance. ...............pay is o.k....it seems that the workers that do their job get abused and taken advantage of and if issues are brought up it seems like they are truly never fixed.
Long hours, little pay.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHNovember 16, 2017
The distribution center is an absolute joke. You work 60+hours per weeks, typically 3hours passed your scheduled time off every night. The pay is terrible and the benefits are a joke. Some managers are Good, but very few, the rest won't listen to the ones that are. If you want no life, no future, and a little pay for destroying your body to help them profit, Big Sandy is the place for you.
Sales position
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 29, 2017
Working at Big Sandy Superstore is really your basic sales position. I do enjoy my customers there. The sales process is a bit slower than the cellular industry.
Pros
You have the time to get to know your customers.
Cons
Slightly cut-throat atmosphere.
Very fun place to work at, nice employees
Iforce Staffing (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 25, 2017
I enjoyed the job a lot. Unfortunately it was temporarily or I probably would've stayed there I promise to anyone if you work there for BSS you won't be disappointed
Pros
2-3 10-15 minute breaks 1-hr lunch
Cons
N/a
Worst place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Zanesville, OHSeptember 23, 2017
If you want to work for the devil then here is where you want to be. Lady in the back smells like rotting fish sticks. Dont bother asking for help or youll be yelled at.
Pros
Theres a bathroom
Don't waste your time
sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Toxic environment,poorly structured company,products are junk,they care about one thing, profit....not employees.....horrible experience working there. You work hard to make sales then your customers get damaged products
Pros
Cons
everything
good company to work for
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin Furnace, OHAugust 20, 2017
i really liked my job with Big Sandy Superstores Warehouse very good to work for and very good when it came to family needs.i retired from there..i retired with a 401k plan.i really like working in the inventory dept.
productive exciting atmophere
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 14, 2017
enjoyed working for the company, great uplifting environment, open door policy with management, growth within the company. typical day consists of setting up dinning area delivering food,
Not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJune 26, 2017
No real culture other than show up and do your job. Long hours not great pay or benefits. Management team tries, but they are micromanaged by inferior leaders with no real grasp on the real world.
Fun place to work, great people and management
Sales Associate, Retail furniture Sales (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJune 10, 2017
This place is a great place to work. Staff is friendly and so is management. Plenty of room for growth. Able to make extra income if driven to do so, by participating in special sales events and learning product.
Pros
Great co workers, and work enviroment
Cons
You do have to put in hours and weekends to make money on comission