BIG TEX TRAILERS Employee Reviews

Productive and challanging Place to work
HSE Coordinator at Big Tex Cordele (Current Employee) –  Cordele GeorgiaAugust 16, 2018
Big Tex has many facets of Production Involvement and a Great opportunity to Learn a valuable trade so that you can be competitive in the job Market. There are many ways to move up for a person who is willing to apply themselves and be conscientious of doing quality work.. The turnover rate is high and They receive some bad ratings from disgruntled employees who are looking more for a Pay Check than looking for a job, where they can display their skills. . The hardest part of the job is having to deal with those who don't care and expect something for nothing. . The easiest Part of the Job is being given an opportunity to excel without restrictions or being held back.. . It is a growing Company that is progressing in the Industry and looking for People who want to Grow and excel in their field.
Pros
Every day is a Challange to get better
Cons
waiting out the Growing pains, but getting there.
Good learning experience
Alignment Technician (Current Employee) –  Wills Point, TXJuly 14, 2018
I have worked at Big Tex for two and a half years it has taught me a lot I now know how to weld I know how to identify good welds from bad and I know my way around a shipping dock. I know all the aspects of trailer production first hand.
Pros
Lots of job skills to be learned
Great Place to Work
Scheduling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJuly 13, 2018
There were a lot of different options available at Big Tex. When I first started there, I had no idea on the opportunities that were available at the time, until I became a scheduling supervisor. The days start out at 6am and will work all the way through the day. It's non-stop, but keeps the days going!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Can be "over-worked"
Bad
Welder/ Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Madill, OKJuly 11, 2018
God awful place to work. i mean unless you like doing the work of two people by yourself and enjoy working around a bunch of drug addics and idiots and lyars and thefes
Horrible
Order puller/ RF Scanner (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 3, 2018
Horrible not a great place it really not a place u wanna work especially if you trying to make good money this place is not we're u wanna work and poor management
Productivity
MANUFACTURING / SHIPPING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Cordele, GAJune 27, 2018
Good day would be loading up to 200 trailers within a 12 hour period. Manufacturing work flow is inaccurate and cannot be solved. No knowledge on any levels of the staff.
Big Tex Trailers was the worst job I have had in 35 yrs
Oklahoma Controller (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKJune 20, 2018
After the owner sold to investment companies (twice) things got so bad. They weren't interested in the company doing well - they just wanted to make a profit at any cost including the strain on employees and their families.
Pros
Cons
Upper Management are all jerks
Hard working
Prepper/Painter (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJune 12, 2018
Starts off pretty slow then becomes fast paced for a few hours.
I learned a lot about painting trailer, as well as cocking them.
The management in my department were rude and didn't treat me with respect.
The hardest part of the job was putting up with my coworkers because of the lack of work that they would do.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see and experience new trades and different cultures of the job.
Pros
Full benefits
Cons
slow working coworkers
Need to improve
Welder (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDJune 9, 2018
Not the best place to work, they need to improve quite a bit. Not a place I would recommend anyone. Company needs to put more care for there employees if they want them to stay. Always run out of parts and it would set us back. Very fast passed and not worth the pay they give. Was very disfuctional, High turn over rate.
Cons
Low pay, stressful, fast passed, long hours
Fast Paced and Low Pay
Mig welder (Former Employee) –  Wills Point, TXMay 15, 2018
Management was able to push out an incredible amount of trailers daily, however, they work their employees hard and the pay was not worth the amount of work.
Bad production area
Welder (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, IDApril 25, 2018
This place needs to look out for there employees, they have about 16 welders all going at once witch causes really bad air quality witch isint being filtered out properly.
A work place of Big Teks
Welder (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKFebruary 8, 2018
I really liked big tex everyone was cool helped me out a lot teached me how to weld I finally learned how to weld good then I was ahead a lot I loved it.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
10 min breaks
Relaxed Atmosphere But Some Overlooking
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 19, 2017
Big Tex was a relaxed place to work but could definitely be stressful at times. The system desperately needs to be updated to accommodate the expanding business. Also, those that have been there longer are recognized/heard more, even in conflict. Morale is extremely low amongst employees.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Very low morale
Overall a good company to work for
Trailers Direct Support (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TXNovember 14, 2017
Recently Converged, making history in the trailer manufacturing industry. In that process though, several departments took pay cuts, and no overtime. Overall, a decent company to work for. The hardest part was the pay cut. The most enjoyable part was working with the Trailer World stores
Pros
Periodic overtime
Cons
New management
Long stressful day
Auditor/ Store Support (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79765November 13, 2017
Little room for advancement or growth. Highly stressed and very little pay. Corporate is very unorganized and needs to show more appreciation for the small folks who make the company run.
Growing Company
Human Resources/ Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell, IDNovember 12, 2017
This is a growing company with a large investor backing. The company has a lot of room for improvement but is on a good path to get there.
This company has the potential to become the largest trailer manufacturer in the nation due to it's commitment to customer service, warranty, quality and cost.
They have never had a lay-off so the stability is definately there.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Benefits Need Improving
good co-workers
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2017
My co-workers were awesome. I, did learn a lot. A lot of times it was fast paced. It was fun working as a team. I learned a lot about how a business works.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
health care
fast paced,
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Madill, OKSeptember 21, 2017
you weld dump bed tralers on an assembly line.
each stall welds a differsnt section of the trailer together.
i worked at every station, and learned the quickest way to move the trailer thru each stall. it is hot in the summer no aircondionting. this job requies you to move fast and learn fast. i enjoyed the competiveness of some of my co workers.
Productive company and learned a lot while working there.
Welder/Framer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Learned to weld trailer frames together. A fitter and a welder. Management was fair in the job. The hardest part was lifting the trailers up. I enjoyed welding.
Terrible place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Wills Point, TXSeptember 2, 2017
They're always looking for a reason to fire everyone unless you a friend or family. The turnaround on employs is rediculas. The pay is also extremely low but they call it competitive pay. 12 13 dollars for a welder is far from conpetitive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIG TEX TRAILERS. Our community is ready to answer.