BigBear, Inc. Employee Reviews

Excellent Working Enviroment and Leadership
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2018
When you work with this company, you are given so many opportunities to excel in your career and collaborate in an open environment. The leadership is continually supportive and quick to resolve issues. They allow for flexible schedules and are genuinely concerned about each and every employee. Work satisfaction is high as is work-life balance.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Benefits, 401K, management
Great company to work for!
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 3, 2018
I have been working at Big Bear for about 6 months and I have been extremely happy with the company. Management has been responsive to any issues that have arisen and are quick to get back to you if you have any questions or concerns. Management at the company is very accessible and approachable and are genuinely concerned about employee morale. Big Bear is one of the best companies that I have worked for and I look forward to being with the company for the long term.
Pros
compensation, benifits, work enviornment, management
Cons
Best company I've ever worked for
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 3, 2018
The CEO and CIO are very personable and care about each and every employee. They have an open door policy and have gotten back to me any time I've needed their advice or needed to discuss any personal or work related issues. They are always open to new ideas and innovative concepts that could push what we do as a company forward and satisfy our customers to the fullest.

The benefits are fantastic and this company works hard to keep it's employees. There is flexibility with life/work balance and being able to get all your hours in on a weekly basis. 20 days of PTO is almost unheard of and it's accumulative which works really well throughout the year.

I, honestly, have nothing negative to say about this company. I plan to be here for a while.
Pros
Attentive and responsive leadership. Employees are friendly and very intelligent. Flexible hours.
Innovative and modern technologies
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 1, 2018
Big Bear takes a client's older technologies and transforms them to utilize newer, more efficient, technology. You're able to provide your insight and guidance on the direction of which tech stack to use.

Management is very hands-on, collaborative, easy to talk to, and excited about the work we do. They honestly care very much about their employees and making them happy. If you express a concern or problem to them they actually resolve the issue and keep you informed about the steps they've taken to do that. And they're also very intelligent and will collaborate with you on the technologies we work on.

The people you work with, or just in general, are great. They're so smart and helpful. We all collaborate on the different areas we work in, and if you need to utilize something another team member has done work on, they are awesome about providing guidance/insight on the tech. And everyone is so intelligent that when you ask for advice on a tech stack, or otherwise, they provide great insight on it. Also, this is a great company, and environment, to learn new technologies and be able to actually utilize it, to help with your growth in newer technologies.

The work/life balance has been good so far. They give you the option to work from home if need be. Flex hours. They provide food and drinks in the kitchen. Standing desks, etc.. There has been great team morale, we've done game nights and I hope that team outings will happen soon.

Regarding the benefits, they are really good, but there should be some up-front awareness to potential new employees about the timeline
  more... of when their benefits would take into effect. Also, that once that time comes, some communication about the process getting started or what has happened would be good to know as well. Considering there are different timeframes for when certain benefits take effect, HR should reach out to the employee to inform them that they can utilize XYZ benefit.  less
Pros
Paid for benefits for employees. Decent PTO. Choice of laptop. Open environment. Cool tech work.
Cons
Certain benefits start the month after your start date, advanced planning for onboarding new employees needs some streamlining.
Cool things happening
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 27, 2018
BigBear utilizes cutting edge technologies, and scope to learn and work on different technologies. One thing I liked @BigBear is management is also hands down programmers, which makes it easier when scoping project.
Pros
Strong leadership, espresso machine, onsite Gym. and many more.
Cons
Since it is still small size company they need to stream line few on boarding procedures.
not your average tech company
SW Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
This is probably the most productive and streamlined company I have worked for. It's a group very bright and diverse people with a friendly and relaxed yet with a "work hard, play hard" attitude.

What I enjoy the most is the ability to learn and use the best, most fitting, cutting edge technology for our projects and thrive to be leaders rather than followers in our field of expertise.

The term: "the company's greatest assets are its employees" seems to be the driving principle: there are two priorities
- to keep the employees happy with reasonable expectations and a work-life balance and
- to keep project teams productive with all the support and resources they need.

I enjoy feeling valuable and productive and I also like the right balance of documenting, time keeping and reporting requirements without the red tape and bureaucracy typical of bigger companies.

There is also a good amount of dialog with the management and transparency for short and long term goals.
Pros
health care
Cons
fast growth
Lastest Cool Things
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 25, 2018
BigBear is an advocate of using cutting edge technology. Unlike many companies I've worked for, BigBear management is run by technically savvy people who keep up to date with the latest tech and have a strong understanding of how to use it. This makes keeping up to date with the latest and greatest so much easier. Additionally, the office environment is comfortable. Free snacks and drinks are provided. Choice of Mac or Windows laptop upon joining the company.
Pros
Strong leadership, nice office environment
Cons
8:30 scrum
Interesting Work with Great People!
FullTime Employee (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 18, 2018
BigBear consists of great people working collaboratively in our modern offices and at our customer sites. Each program/project consists of interesting development work and analysis, using cutting edge technologies. The company owners and senior leaders are very approachable and care about their employees. Still a relatively small company, BigBear is growing in the Washington DC Metropolitan area, and recently opened a new office in Reston, VA. We also are adding to our teams in San Diego, CA and the Charlottesville, VA area. BigBear, Inc. is well respected and established, having served our federal government customers successfully for the last 10 years.

I am very fortunate to work for such a great company!
Pros
Company paid employee benefits, generous 4 week paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, 401k, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, free snacks at our offices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BigBear, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

BigBear, Inc. Reviews by Location