BigBear, Inc. Employee Review

View all BigBear, Inc. reviews

not your average tech company
SW Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 26, 2018
This is probably the most productive and streamlined company I have worked for. It's a group very bright and diverse people with a friendly and relaxed yet with a "work hard, play hard" attitude.

What I enjoy the most is the ability to learn and use the best, most fitting, cutting edge technology for our projects and thrive to be leaders rather than followers in our field of expertise.

The term: "the company's greatest assets are its employees" seems to be the driving principle: there are two priorities
- to keep the employees happy with reasonable expectations and a work-life balance and
- to keep project teams productive with all the support and resources they need.

I enjoy feeling valuable and productive and I also like the right balance of documenting, time keeping and reporting requirements without the red tape and bureaucracy typical of bigger companies.

There is also a good amount of dialog with the management and transparency for short and long term goals.
Pros
health care
Cons
fast growth

Other BigBear, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work hard with smart people and have fun doing it
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 17, 2018
I've really enjoyed working for BigBear so far. People here are smart, friendly, and always willing to collaborate.

That's true of the owners too. They are all very approachable and you'll work with them frequently. At the same time though, you're not micro-managed. If you're hired here then they know you're capable and they trust you.

Technology-wise, focus is mostly on elasticsearch, python (django), javascript for the frontend, and AWS; though if you want to bring something in that's relevant to your project, you can run with it.

Development happens in 2-week sprints with a daily (quick) scrum. G-suite and slack for communication.

There's lots of fun stuff too: there's a baseball game we're going to as a company this weekend, game nights , a pretty relaxed environment in the office, and provided coffee and snacks.

If you're looking for a small-ish company (less than 100 employees across three locations), care about good engineering practices and working on software that people actually use, then BigBear is probably a great fit for you.
Pros
Pto, flexible schedule, snacks and drinks in the office, free fitbit, sweet new laptops and dual monitors, collaborative, 401k match, 100% paid medical if you are single
Cons
4% 401k match could be higher; health insurance starts 1st of 1st month
Official response from BigBear, Inc.
January 31, 2019

BigBear, Inc. has increased their employer 401k contribution match to up to 6% for 2019.

Excellent Working Enviroment and Leadership
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2018
When you work with this company, you are given so many opportunities to excel in your career and collaborate in an open environment. The leadership is continually supportive and quick to resolve issues. They allow for flexible schedules and are genuinely concerned about each and every employee. Work satisfaction is high as is work-life balance.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Benefits, 401K, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BigBear, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

BigBear, Inc. Reviews by Location