BigBear, Inc. Employee Review

View all BigBear, Inc. reviews

Interesting Work with Great People!
FullTime Employee (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 18, 2018
BigBear consists of great people working collaboratively in our modern offices and at our customer sites. Each program/project consists of interesting development work and analysis, using cutting edge technologies. The company owners and senior leaders are very approachable and care about their employees. Still a relatively small company, BigBear is growing in the Washington DC Metropolitan area, and recently opened a new office in Reston, VA. We also are adding to our teams in San Diego, CA and the Charlottesville, VA area. BigBear, Inc. is well respected and established, having served our federal government customers successfully for the last 10 years.

I am very fortunate to work for such a great company!
Pros
Company paid employee benefits, generous 4 week paid vacation, 11 paid holidays, 401k, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, free snacks at our offices

Other BigBear, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work hard with smart people and have fun doing it
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 17, 2018
I've really enjoyed working for BigBear so far. People here are smart, friendly, and always willing to collaborate.

That's true of the owners too. They are all very approachable and you'll work with them frequently. At the same time though, you're not micro-managed. If you're hired here then they know you're capable and they trust you.

Technology-wise, focus is mostly on elasticsearch, python (django), javascript for the frontend, and AWS; though if you want to bring something in that's relevant to your project, you can run with it.

Development happens in 2-week sprints with a daily (quick) scrum. G-suite and slack for communication.

There's lots of fun stuff too: there's a baseball game we're going to as a company this weekend, game nights , a pretty relaxed environment in the office, and provided coffee and snacks.

If you're looking for a small-ish company (less than 100 employees across three locations), care about good engineering practices and working on software that people actually use, then BigBear is probably a great fit for you.
Pros
Pto, flexible schedule, snacks and drinks in the office, free fitbit, sweet new laptops and dual monitors, collaborative, 401k match, 100% paid medical if you are single
Cons
4% 401k match could be higher; health insurance starts 1st of 1st month
Official response from BigBear, Inc.
January 31, 2019

BigBear, Inc. has increased their employer 401k contribution match to up to 6% for 2019.

Excellent Working Enviroment and Leadership
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2018
When you work with this company, you are given so many opportunities to excel in your career and collaborate in an open environment. The leadership is continually supportive and quick to resolve issues. They allow for flexible schedules and are genuinely concerned about each and every employee. Work satisfaction is high as is work-life balance.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Benefits, 401K, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BigBear, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

BigBear, Inc. Reviews by Location