BigBear, Inc. Employee Review

View all BigBear, Inc. reviews

Best company I've ever worked for
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAMay 3, 2018
The CEO and CIO are very personable and care about each and every employee. They have an open door policy and have gotten back to me any time I've needed their advice or needed to discuss any personal or work related issues. They are always open to new ideas and innovative concepts that could push what we do as a company forward and satisfy our customers to the fullest.

The benefits are fantastic and this company works hard to keep it's employees. There is flexibility with life/work balance and being able to get all your hours in on a weekly basis. 20 days of PTO is almost unheard of and it's accumulative which works really well throughout the year.

I, honestly, have nothing negative to say about this company. I plan to be here for a while.
Pros
Attentive and responsive leadership. Employees are friendly and very intelligent. Flexible hours.

Other BigBear, Inc. Employee Reviews

Work hard with smart people and have fun doing it
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Reston, VASeptember 17, 2018
I've really enjoyed working for BigBear so far. People here are smart, friendly, and always willing to collaborate.

That's true of the owners too. They are all very approachable and you'll work with them frequently. At the same time though, you're not micro-managed. If you're hired here then they know you're capable and they trust you.

Technology-wise, focus is mostly on elasticsearch, python (django), javascript for the frontend, and AWS; though if you want to bring something in that's relevant to your project, you can run with it.

Development happens in 2-week sprints with a daily (quick) scrum. G-suite and slack for communication.

There's lots of fun stuff too: there's a baseball game we're going to as a company this weekend, game nights , a pretty relaxed environment in the office, and provided coffee and snacks.

If you're looking for a small-ish company (less than 100 employees across three locations), care about good engineering practices and working on software that people actually use, then BigBear is probably a great fit for you.
Pros
Pto, flexible schedule, snacks and drinks in the office, free fitbit, sweet new laptops and dual monitors, collaborative, 401k match, 100% paid medical if you are single
Cons
4% 401k match could be higher; health insurance starts 1st of 1st month
Official response from BigBear, Inc.
January 31, 2019

BigBear, Inc. has increased their employer 401k contribution match to up to 6% for 2019.

Excellent Working Enviroment and Leadership
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 11, 2018
When you work with this company, you are given so many opportunities to excel in your career and collaborate in an open environment. The leadership is continually supportive and quick to resolve issues. They allow for flexible schedules and are genuinely concerned about each and every employee. Work satisfaction is high as is work-life balance.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Benefits, 401K, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BigBear, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

BigBear, Inc. Reviews by Location