BigCommerce Employee Reviews for Technical Support

Ratings breakdown
great company culture and people!
Technical Support Ninja (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 25, 2016
Loved working here, definitely one of my best jobs. They had happy hours every friday. My manager was the best I've had so far.
Pros
great people and benefits
Cons
on the job training, and phone support can not be the easiest job in the world
Reviews are bogus
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  AustinFebruary 16, 2015
It's funny how every ad for a tech support position for Bigcommerce says "skateboard while solving client issues".... except you won't ever have time to skateboard. You are treated as a slave, nothing matters but being on the phones. You will work your butt off, and get nothing in return. Management used to be great, but early 2014 was changed to new management which emphasizes the "slave role" you will play. You are nothing but a drone to them, and you are always "replaceable".

If you enjoy working hard and getting nothing in return, bc just might be for you. You will more than likely need to spend 1.5- 2 years in a low end support position before ever even getting considered for a promotion. Then someone else who's been working there for 4 months will get the position (because they were a former co-worker of management at a different place of employment).
Pros
snacks, great benefits, cool office, nice coworkers
Cons
poor management, unorganized, unfulfilled promises
Wonderful people and workplace
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 27, 2013
I'm not sure where to start. The people are so friendly and helpful here. Whenever I go to the break room (where they have free snacks, drinks, and excellent coffee), someone from another department is introducing themself to me. HR is really nice and will help you out with things if they can. The building is absolutely gorgeous, and it's filled with stuff like swings and skateboards and mini-golf. The walls are covered with murals done by local Austin artists. The energy here is really positive, and it's a great place to work if you really want to be part of a community.
Pros
weekly happy hour, free lunch on tuesdays, friendly people
Cons
not a lot of close-by restaurants