BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Reviews for Shift Leader

Fun work place
Barista Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 26, 2019
The job is easy to do and easy to catch on to. The staff is pretty nice to work with, and the hours are flexible. I would work there again if the opportunity presents itself.
Biggby Coffee
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Berkley, MIAugust 13, 2019
Biggby Coffee is a lively enviroment with wonderful staff and a great customer base. Working as a barista at times does not even feel like work. The quality of their coffee is great and usually pretty consistant.
A great place with friendly staff and customers
Grand Rapids- Barista/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, MIAugust 11, 2019
The perks of the job are that people are usually nice and the staff is great. However, I do have some problems outside of these two. Corporate puts a lot of pressure on my store for completing task lists and quality management which can create a very stressful environment. Pay starts at minimum wage which is not enough pay for busier locations. Corporate gives off the notion that they care more about money than their staff even if they do not have this intention. My store had many areas cut in order to save money especially understaffing. I had many coworkers who were willing to work including myself but corporate enforces to strict of total hours allowed the employees to work which put to much stress on me competing for the chores without proper help. Most of these problems would be fixed if corporate put money towards employees because the minimum wage is not enough to work here.
Productive and fun workplace with a good work environment
Shift Leader and Barista (Current Employee) –  Taylor Mill, KYAugust 9, 2019
The work environment was always fun to be in, even when I had to be there to open the store at 5:30am. I was always in a good mood to see my coworkers and the regular customers that came in.
Great part time job while in school.
SHIFT LEADER (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 10, 2019
Biggby coffee is a relaxing atmosphere and does not vary much from day to day. In this job I improved my customer service skills, learned to problem solve, and manage my time. The people that work here are all very friendly and one of my favorite parts of working here. The hardest part of the job is never moving up the chain. Other than my initial promotion to shift leader I have not received any other promotions.
It used to be fun but now its terrible.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCMay 29, 2019
When I first started I really loved the job the manager was amazing and we had fun at work. But then the store owners decided that the manager should be fired when she goes on maturity leave. The other store managers in the area are rude and dont care about their employees. One of them will be taking over the store I'm at. It currently feels like they are trying to force everyone to quit so they can clean slate the whole store. Each day the environment there seems to get worse. I'm not sure if it will be better once everything is settled but for now I wouldnt suggest working here.
Pros
One free drink per shift, small discount on merchandise, half price food on shift.
Cons
No breaks, no lunch, no paid time off, no benefits.
high pace work
Shift Lead\ Barista (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 20, 2019
my typical day at work starts at 5am and I open the store, making sure i help with customers, having the day prepped and cleaned for night crew when i get out at 1pm-1:30pm.
I learned how to multitask under pressure and keep composure at the same time, I've learned if you how to manage tills as well as order goods for the store.
The Biggby way is we exist to love people. we try and create a new Biggby coffee fanatic per day per store.
I'd say the hardest part of my job is getting people to actually work and care about how they are representing the company they are working for.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see my regulars and getting to meet new people.
Pros
you learn hustle
Cons
lack of other doing their part.
Awful owner and management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILMay 19, 2019
The owner doesn't allow management to order enough to keep the store stocked and then blames staff/management for customer loss. He talks bad about employees to customers and other employees. There are never enough employees so the current ones are grossly overworked. When things break, after he has done zero maintenance, he blames whomever is right there when it breaks down. The area manager throws others under the bus so she doesn't look bad to the owner.
Cons
Horrible boss, over works employees, no benefits
Fun & Fast Paced Work Environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 16, 2019
Really good first job! As long as you are working with people that are fun the job is fun. The workplace is very relaxed. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the regulars that come in every day.
Pros
free coffee, regular customers
Cons
fast paced, sometimes mean customers
great place to work if you have a good team and good mamangement.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 2, 2019
Overall a good experience at BIGGBY. Can get very busy and you NEED to know how to multi-task and think on your feet. Good management + a good team of baristas = success. Everyone needs to do their part or the store will fall apart.
Pros
Free drink during shift, discounted drinks off-shift, tips
Cons
no breaks
Okay. Just, okay
SHIFT LEADER/INTERIM MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OHFebruary 3, 2019
Flexible hours. Depending on which store you work at and which owner you work for. Each owner is different, some less strict than others. Hard to judge the whole company based on my experience with two separate owners.
Pros
Flexible hours, for the most part.
Cons
Unsure
Lots of drama depending on store
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Poor on everything depends on where you go! Definitely really really really good coffee!! And the customers make everyday work life fun and exciting because you never know what they will be like.
Pros
Good coffee
Cons
Kinda the management depends on where you go
Fun place to work
Shift Leader/Barista (Current Employee) –  Alpena, MIJanuary 6, 2019
Schedules can be flexible, and if something comes up, co-workers are wiling to switch shifts if needed. Manager is very caring. Customers are wonderful to serve and keep happy.
Pros
Free beverage
Cons
Not full time
Fast Paced with Great Customers & Great Coffee
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 18, 2018
My most recent adventure was at BIGGBY in Howell by Jonna's Market. This store was amazing. The people flowed well together and they stuck to the game plan. This was such a high quality store. BIGGBY is a great brand to work for, its who owns and manages the store that can make or break it.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Short shifts
I love Biggby!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 30, 2018
I love working for Biggby. The atmosphere is wonderful and all the baristas are very kind. I have been a shift lead for a while and I really enjoy how well everyone gets along. I have learned how to interact with many kind of people. I have also learned how to keep my cool in trying situations. All in all, I would highly recommend Biggby coffee to be your coffee shop of choice.
biggby is a fun place to work at for a first job
Shift Leader/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIAugust 24, 2018
biggby is a easy first job and allows you to learn what a work environment is and how to work with coworkers and employees but is not somewhere to stay long term
Pros
discounted beverages/food/flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Biggby is an awesome entry level job!
Barista/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIAugust 15, 2018
Biggby is great to get that last push you need in the direction of customer service. You don't only make friends, you make another family as well.
Okay at best
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 7, 2018
Working at biggby was fun at first but my manager seemed to take advantage of the fact that I was willing to work. I was doing over 40 hours a week and school at the same time.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
I smelled like gross coffee
Good Job to get you started
Shift Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 22, 2018
good first job. worked here for four years haven't made much advancement as i would of hoped. good first job though friendly employees and customers. and good coffee!
Pros
free coffee, friendly people
Cons
limited advancements
So sad to leave!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 17, 2018
My biggby has been such an amazing family. Everyone who works there is so genuinely nice and fun to work with, and easy to collaborate with too! The customers can be a little...odd...sometimes creepy, but it is what it is. The owners of my biggby were the best bosses I’ve ever had. They cared about each of us and made sure to encourage and support us. Scheduling is pretty easy too bevause you request time off only a week in advance, which is pretty easy to keep up with! The free drinks are really nice too.
One of my favorite parts about working here was how clean we kept the store. I’ve worked a lot of jobs where there were some things that NEVER got cleaned, but at biggby, no stone is unturned. We clean everything every day, which makes for a great environment and keeps you busy. The training process made me nervous at first, but it’s a really easy once you get the hang of it. I do wish my shifts could have been a little bit longer at times, but it wasn’t a problem honestly. This job it’s really easy to just request more hours if you’re unhappy. Management really tries to work with your schedule, which is nice. This was by far the best job I’ve worked, and I’m sad to go! B Happy!
Pros
Free drinks, easy scheduling, fun job
Cons
No breaks, opening is EARLY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIGGBY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight