BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Review

View all BIGGBY COFFEE reviews

Fun Place, but Depends on Location
Barista (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 11, 2019
Since Biggby is a franchise business, it really depends on where you are and who you are working for. I worked at two different locations, one in Holland, MI and one in Grand Rapids, MI. The one in Holland was amazing. The owner was in the shop several days a week and even worked side by side with us at least once a week. He made sure to get to know every one of his workers on a friend level and he even threw a couple get togethers for the people at my location and people from the other two locations he owned so we could all get to know each other. I worked under a very friendly manager and assistant manager also. Everyone was always very willing to help you out whenever you needed it and we even had a few fun BOGOs with the local police. Being in a small college town, we were always busy, but we had great flexibility. I also liked this particular franchise because if you wanted extra hours, you could pick up shifts at one of the other locations. It was a great job while I was in school and I was always excited to go to work.
However, when I “transferred” to the Grand Rapids location, things were totally different. It wasn’t by any means terrible, but it wasn’t great. The owners lived an hour and a half away so you didn’t see them often and usually when you saw them, they were firing someone over something trivial. The manager was in a relationship with one of the shift leads which shouldn’t really be an issue, but it affected their work vastly and it started to make some of the workers, myself included, very uncomfortable. I like to think of myself as a very tidy and thorough
  more... person and when I started working at this location, it was very clear that majority of the workers there did not care about the proper procedures. I often ended up having to go back and clean things again because my coworkers were not putting as much effort in as they should have been. They weren’t bad people (except for one), I think it was due to a lack of proper training, but some of these things were also common knowledge. Overall, I think Biggby is a fun place to work. Even though my second experience wasn’t the best, I still had fun because I liked the company and the customers were great. If you’re looking into applying at Biggby, definitely look into the culture of the specific location you’re applying to because some places are much better than others.  less
Pros
discounts on drinks, food, and bagged coffee and teas
Cons
poor management/ownership at second location

Other BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Reviews

Fun and welcoming environment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXSeptember 5, 2019
The culture of this job is often a positive and fun one. The owners/store manager are a kind couple who are often encouraging and very flexible with regards to scheduling.
Questionable
Barista (Former Employee) –  Marshfield, WIAugust 31, 2019
I was terminated from Biggby, and when I asked for a reason, the owner of the shop said plainly I wasn't the right fit. I, as well as everyone I've spoken to about it, believe that is the best reason to put someone out of work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIGGBY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight