BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Review

View all BIGGBY COFFEE reviews

A great place with friendly staff and customers
Grand Rapids- Barista/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, MIAugust 11, 2019
The perks of the job are that people are usually nice and the staff is great. However, I do have some problems outside of these two. Corporate puts a lot of pressure on my store for completing task lists and quality management which can create a very stressful environment. Pay starts at minimum wage which is not enough pay for busier locations. Corporate gives off the notion that they care more about money than their staff even if they do not have this intention. My store had many areas cut in order to save money especially understaffing. I had many coworkers who were willing to work including myself but corporate enforces to strict of total hours allowed the employees to work which put to much stress on me competing for the chores without proper help. Most of these problems would be fixed if corporate put money towards employees because the minimum wage is not enough to work here.

Other BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with great training
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MISeptember 18, 2019
I loved working at Biggby, I had great bosses and reliable coworkers. The customers were nice and loved getting to know you. The BIGGBY culture is cool and focused on being a friendly and competent worker.
Pros
Free drinks, tips, short shifts
For a first job, I couldn't ask for better.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MISeptember 17, 2019
The job at Biggby was my first job ever, and it taught me so many skills I'll never forget.
I was able to grow "out of my shell" and learn to converse with people with small talk and using a prompt (the trivia board) to spark conversation.
I also learned how to think quickly and work hard under pressure, making sure things were done in the most efficient way.
And, it's an environment where I was basically friends with all my coworkers, they were people I didn't mind seeing outside of work and that made it fun to come in for my shifts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIGGBY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight