BIGGBY COFFEE Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Nominated and Certified in P.E.R.C. (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Biggby is making the drinks. Management had difficulties with separating work from their personal lives. The job is fast-paced, and you're on your feet all shift.
Pros
Discounts, positive atmoshpere
Cons
Did not have lunch breaks, had 'free time'
Maybe just my branch
Barista (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 30, 2018
With sporadic schedules, very low pay, and apathetic management and franchise owners Biggby is not a place I recommend working. Keeping managers around seems to be a challenge, and they have the same conditions as the rest of us so it's no mystery why they won't stay long. There is a good culture among workers, however, but when the franchise owners don't care, nobody does.
Pros
Unlimited shift drinks and discounts at your store when off the clock
Cons
Management and highly irregular schedules
my favorite place to work!
Barista and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 23, 2018
I loved working here, great job and great fun. Drinks are delicious! I would have stayed if it were not for the poor management. Good training schedule!
Pros
free drink, good hours, great work environment
Cons
pay, management
Amazing place to work
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Norton Shores, MINovember 20, 2018
I loved working here and was sad to quit (I quit because I got married and moved 3 hours away with my husband), management was awesome and I made many friends. The staff believes in the brand and we were all so proud to work there.
Pros
Free stuff, great environment
Cons
pay
Fun place to work, great attitude, poor pay.
Lead Barista (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 15, 2018
Always have had a great time working here, met amazing people, love the company, it's perfect for high school/college students. Not enough money to survive independently.
Pros
Great energy
Cons
Low pay
Productive and interactive workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Biggby Coffee, all workers as well as regular costumers show such cheerful nature it was contagious. Hours and management were great.
Cons
No breaks
Stressful and strict
Barista (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIOctober 22, 2018
The hardest part of this job was taking tests to know more about the products being sold, it was helpful but something I have never done before for a job.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
testing, drive thru in winter, could only wear products supporting job.
Fast Paced with Great Customers & Great Coffee
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIOctober 18, 2018
My most recent adventure was at BIGGBY in Howell by Jonna's Market. This store was amazing. The people flowed well together and they stuck to the game plan. This was such a high quality store. BIGGBY is a great brand to work for, its who owns and manages the store that can make or break it.
Pros
Great Customers
Cons
Short shifts
Productive, fast paced work environment.
Barista (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 16, 2018
Management while I was employed was amazing! Workplace culture could be described as homey in a good way. The most enjoyable part of my job was connecting with customers and giving them a great start to their day. The job is easy, and the employees are fantastic.
Pros
Free drink after a certain amount of hours worked.
Stressful place to work
Assistant Manager/ Barista (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIOctober 15, 2018
A typical day at work for me was getting up at four in the morning and being so understaffed and staffed with low quality people that it made the work stressful.

The general manager of the store was wonderful and helpful, however the owner was negative and very hurtful toward employees.

The workplace itself would have been extremely fun and enjoyable had their been enough quality staff.

The hardest part of the job was balancing your actual life with our work life. I would be called into work on my days off and not be compensated for it, or even on days that i was scheduled to work we would be so understaffed and staffed with low quality employees to always have trouble with keeping up pace during rushes.

The job was wonderful in the beginning; you create such tight bonds with your co-workers and your regular customers - sidle that with learning how to make drinks and you have yourself with what I thought was a wonderful career.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no breaks, stressful environment
Fun place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 7, 2018
Always a positive and uplifting atmosphere. It has taught me communication, leadership skills and multi-tasking. Busy but shift runs smoothly. I love the people!
Pros
Customers and atmosphere
An amazing place to work
Barista/Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MIOctober 7, 2018
Biggby Coffee was an amazing place to work. The other employees always kept a positive attitude even when it got really stressful. I learned how to put the customers first and make sure I was giving them exactly what they asked for in the best quality.
Fun, but low pay and low hours.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 5, 2018
Biggby can be fun, but the independent franchise owner not making moneh can lead to a stressful/unpleasent work enviornment. Not enough pay for the assistant managment work I’m doing.
Pros
Fun, coffee rocks
Cons
low pay, stressful
Poor Management
Barista (Former Employee) –  Saint Marys, OHOctober 4, 2018
My co-workers and manager were not the nicest people. A lot of innapropriate things were said throughout the work day and a lot of blackmailing went on. I would not recommend being around that. It was an awful influence.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Inappropriate language, blackmailing, non-flexible hours
BIGGBY Coffee: Great Place To Succeed
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MISeptember 30, 2018
BIGGBY Coffee was a great place to work. It provided the opportunity to move higher up. I made my way into management very quickly and learned the ins and outs of being a leader. I would highly recommend BIGGBY to any friend as a great place to work.
The customers at Biggby Coffee make working there enjoyable.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 16, 2018
Every work day was fast paces. Customers made it enjoyable. Hardest part was remembering drink recipes and making every customers drink as they preferred it. Most enjoyable part of this job is building a relationship with customers personally and being able to know who you were speaking to at the speaker just by there voice and there order.
Pros
Free drink when working/half off when your not working
Cons
Little to no breaks
Better job for highschoolers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MISeptember 11, 2018
There is no way I could have stayed at Biggby and afford to pay my bills and provide for my family. The management at the time was very poor. The manager would mainly be on her cell phone.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Hours, healthcare, pay
Mediocre
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainwell, MISeptember 11, 2018
The job was easy. You are treated as a barista, but paid as a GM. The owners do now allow you to make an decisions or control any aspect of the store even thought your title is the GM.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
No health care, no say in operations, extremely strict
A fun place to work at if you like coffee.
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayland, MISeptember 5, 2018
It’s a great feeling putting smiles on people’s faces when you hand them their favorite drink! Hours go by super fast! Great atmosphere & the coworkers I had there were like family.
Pros
Half off food, free specialty drink after 4 hours per shift, free hot & cold coffee and tea during whole shift, split tips
Cons
Short break time, occasionally understaffed
I love Biggby!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 30, 2018
I love working for Biggby. The atmosphere is wonderful and all the baristas are very kind. I have been a shift lead for a while and I really enjoy how well everyone gets along. I have learned how to interact with many kind of people. I have also learned how to keep my cool in trying situations. All in all, I would highly recommend Biggby coffee to be your coffee shop of choice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BIGGBY COFFEE. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight