Bilfinger
Happiness rating is 67 out of 100

Bilfinger Employee Reviews

United States280 reviews

safetyconstructionforemansiteprojectcrewsafefield

Very safe practices, organized company

worked with bilfinger for about a year, pay was fair. As a helper I didnt receive per diem unfortunately. Company did prize rewards and did mini activities while still on the clock. Free food was often given. I felt safe most of the time working under this company.

Pros

advancement opportunities

Cons

weather conditions

A good company

I like the company it is a well company I enjoy the work . people are good to work with there they are friendly…The place they work at are usually clean

Bilfinger insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

No a good place to work, grow or extend your career

There was no support for safety or environmental by the CEO.I don't know what else you want me to say. In my experience the CEO didn't believe in providing a safe working environment

Pros

Better than average pay

Cons

Executive support of safety

True

The culture is bad and the leader thinks he knows everything and is going to destroy the company here in Deer Park. Along with the leader the management is bad and has no experience nor knowledge in their role

Good company to work for

I enjoyed working for bilfinger My time with this company was relaxed & enjoyable.I hope to work again for themAs they are a good company pay is good.Only issue as a female the staff were mainly male and I missed the balance of male & female

Pros

Relaxed environment & good pay

Cons

Mostly male staff so for females it can be isolating

Away from home 100% of the time

Not much time off. Jobs are always away from home and you have to set up vacation requests to be back with your family during a job. Not recommended for a married man. Room for growth depends on how good you are at brown nosing. And to get in on a job, you have to know somebody.

Pros

Pay is great if you get per diem

Cons

Everyone is just winging it. There’s no real experience at a lot of these jobs

Awesome People work at Bilfinger, all our very nice and good natured! However work is fast paced and exhaustive. Work life balance was not great.

I enjoyed my co workers and the management. They were encouraging and I felt genuinely cared about. They were all kind. On the other hand, the really fast work pace and all if the changing of systems while I worked there was not something that suited me. I didn't like that there was so many meetings. Some meetings are productive but many of them took me away from getting my work done way too often. The workload became overwhelming and too many fires needed to be put out. It became exhaustive. My work life balance became bad when pandemic turned it into mostly WFH not long after I started there. But, still, even day one working at Bilfinger, it was stressful. I'll just say, it's not for everyone, but is perfect for others who thrive in fast pace and stress. I wish I was one of them. Because, as I mentioned earlier, the people were fabulous!

Great job to gain experience for the first time working offshore

Somewhat okay company to work with, but be ready to be doing the work others do for less pay, Worked at heights and safety was a big concern for this company.

Pros

Lots of breaks and company paid certifications.

Cons

Living in bunk beds with 3 other guys, and having to share restrooms in small areas for 2-3 weeks, and only one week off.

Very organized and very professional.

Great work environment and the company is very easy going. HR is also very attentive and helpful inside and outside of work. Great work atmosphere and the moral of the people you work with is always at an all time high.

Good place for training

Bad management they use the relative system. Alot of finger pointing by management and labor is blamed. No benefits just wages The two heads are brothers with lots of friends and kin brought in to work.

Pros

Some possible training

Cons

No company to employee ethics

Good money

Do your work that is asked of you, don’t miss a lot of work, don’t be late or take off early. obey all of the safety rules and regulations. They are fair

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Long hard hours

Dysfunctional is an understatement

Toxic workplace, nepotism, cut-throat, no integrity. Management is clueless. Safety department is a joke. Getting material and tools is an issue. Work culture is a clique, and if you haven’t been there for years your nobody. Stay away if you value your sanity and value your morales.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

It sucks

Toxic, old-school work environment.

Ridiculous hours, requests and “management”. Technology and current industry standards are feared, not embraced. Constant finger pointing with the mentality of “you were supposed to take care of that thing that I know nothing about”. The culture is synonymous with the client and there is no separation between the two. Open office environment in a construction management role is difficult if not impossible as it limits the CM as to how and where they discuss certain business matters. Expect to average 75+ hours a week and do not expect anything in return.

Pros

Cons

Management, work life balance, toxic work environment, pretends to be a big company via policies, very old school (not in a good way).

Management was good and pointed out the objectives that needed to be done.

No complaints the company took in consideration the heat, The tool issue building was located on the other side of the work site. There should have been bicycles or carts provided to aquire tools and equipment. When a person needed a part or tools a person was required to walk 1/4 mile to obtain that part. This was unproductive in getting the job done.

Pros

Treated employees fair, pay was fair, water was provided near work site, mgt. was fair.

Cons

None I can think of. It was hard work The heat was brutal.

Mediocre company

I have been here 7 years and in the beginning they did take care of me but management has gone down hill since. As long as you do your job and don't miss you will have a guarantee position.

Poor Management at the Woodlands

Bilfinger North America has poor management leading the company. They have too many managers “watching work” as opposed to “doing work”. There has been a lot of turnover within the company. Good Luck!

Pros

Nice office location

Cons

CBO Call Every Friday

Selfish manager environment, unfair pay scale for experienced Craftsman

Not a good environment for experienced Craftsman, managers seemed threatened, no empathy for workers, this I only know about the Kellogg's plant in Jackson TN, it's been pretty much the same management for all the contractors I have worked for there, on and off, over the last 30 years, it has steadily deteriorated over the years

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Favoritism

We had a since of accomplishment

Worked for them for years on several different jobs good company to work for once you prove yourself therrs a lot of experienced ppl that work there and the green help was willing to learn

Pros

Made a lot of money

Great people

Not as stable as could be. Needs more large projects to be fulfilling. People are great. Loved working there and management was willing to be flexible with hours

Pros

The people

Cons

Lack of stability

Excellent

I was very happy working with the supervises and co-workers. The work is always almost good, but according to the weather will be vary. The observations of the management and safety officers were very appreciable and reasonable in overhaul. Most of the workers kept a good cooperation each other and due to the Covid-19, the reduction in manpower led to layoff.

Good

Cons

Appreciable

Production

Good job good company. Goodb work environment. Good management. Pay is good but could improve. Job security is good you get what you sign up for. Health insurance ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bilfinger. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Bilfinger with

• Bilfinger
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?