Billabong USA Employee Reviews

Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 6, 2019
The management is very poor. Overtime is mandatory. Management needs to know every move you make and how many bathroom breaks you take. There is no training in this position.
Great place to work!
Computer System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 13, 2019
Work life balance
Ability to manage your own workload and deliver on a strategy to meet the business needs.
They always look after you, quality no quantity, customer oriente production.
Safety is first for the workers.
Great place to work!
Asset Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 31, 2019
After spending 3 years at the company I've learned essential career building skills as well as personal professional relationships. I greatly appreciated the work environment and management teams that help create a culture of creativity and team work!
Pros
Friday breakfast as well as catered lunch events monthly
Cons
opportunity for advancement was limited
Very productive
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2018
Is a good place for to work, I learned so much about UPS, Fedex, the hardest part are the last two weeks in the month cause we work until 12 hours pey day
Fast pace friendly working environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 12, 2017
Start day at 5:00 a.M make sure unloading docs where secure and ready to receive load. Make sure all stand up jacks and forklifts where fully charged and then start work.
Pros
Fastpaised
Cons
Poor management
Over all very bad experience.
Temporary CSR (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 3, 2017
Working for BBG for the past 2 months opened my eyes immensely to how big companies can still have horrible management and or planning. I love BBG and have been a patron of the brand long before taking on the position growing up surfing in Southern California. I worked for a Surfing based company. Founded by surfers. Owned by surfers. My Department (customer service) had Zero Surfers. Rather no one even cared about surfing or the ocean. It was very strange walking into a building with pictures of surfers everywhere and TV's playing surfing edits of the pro's or Ads art on the walls or surfboards exc. Which created this very cool sense of surf pride and ocean love. Then once you walk into the Customer service department. It is a 15x 20 ft Box with zero windows. Not a single piece of surf memorabilia. It was shoulder to shoulder ( literally ) with 6 other people and desks, other than some BBG product that was being sent back as a warranty there was nothing that reminded me where or who I work for. The Goals, Values, Direction nothing. This was very hard to cope with as when I was interviewed at BBG there was a surf board in the back round of the room and was told how surf / laid back BBG is. This is true however not applicable to the customer service department. If you want to work your butt off for 8 hours a day and constantly be under stress along with manage 8 brands as BBG owns Element, Plan B, Vonzipper, RVCA, Honolua and Dot Dash and these are all available in Canada with exception to Dot dash and VZ. So your dealing with North america and Canada customers for several  more... different brands working in a box with zero idea whats really going on with these brands? Again it was really bad experience. For a surfer its like being a little kid and magically making it to the north pole and when you walk inside theres a bunch of grumpy elfs that hate their life's are making the toys. Super Sad.  less
Pros
Discounts where great
Cons
List is endless.
Fun action sports which I surf and skateboard.
Print Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 10, 2017
Great company to work for but I was laid off due to company not doing to well. I learned a lot at billabong it could of been a long term job. I miss it there and had great potintial.
Pros
Free clothes and passion for surfing. Creative environment.
Cons
Company massive lay offs. Youngest person working there
Fastpaised invironment, good and fun environment
ORDER PULLER (Former Employee) –  IRVINEDecember 11, 2016
In @ 6am pulled orders stock merchandise and made sure and tryied to make things easier for next person in line, company pampered allemployees from buying lunch, overall good place to work
Pros
New world, Meaning new people way different but fun people pro surfers and monthly meatings with famous people
Cons
Low pay
Good office environment to work in.
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Billabong, USAApril 5, 2016
The internship lacked proper structure and guidance. There were not many tasks to perform on some days. The duration of the internship was very short. I would have liked to learn more.
Cool company
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 29, 2015
Busy! I learn to deal with people of all levels. Managing people and making careers for them and the brands. Working as a team is the best. Without them I can't do it alone. The hardest part of my job is meshing people together. The most enjoyable part is to see everyone happy! I feel good when goals have been achieved!
Pros
Cool travel meeting new people
Fun and challenging environment
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 31, 2014
Overall a great place to work. Fun and challenging environment. The people are a diverse group who are passionate about the surf & skate culture.
Great hours and quality of life style However Politics rule this company and all career opperunites pivot on this fact.
Retail Visual Merchandising Manager, Multi-Banner (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 6, 2013
Retail division is a total mess. No structure and minimal direction.

Survival of the fittest. This company has alot to learn. VFC should show them the way.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management and no structure
Greatest employees around
Surf Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 4, 2013
Was one of the best places I have worked. Work flow was always non stop, but in the end, it really showed
Pros
everything
Cons
shortfall of the industry right now
Great company with a lot of positive and influencial leaders
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Breckenridge, COApril 1, 2013
*changing lives of employees through coaching and develpment
*enjoyed travel throughout territory
*invaluable relationships with peers and co-workers
*open communication and sharing of ideas among management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Billabong USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Billabong USA Reviews by Location