Billtrust Employee Reviews

Not for everyone
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2018
There are good things and bad things about Billtrust. All I can say is the environment is not for everyone. Be prepared to work long hours as needed.
Your experience depends on your department.
Anon. (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMay 15, 2018
In many areas, the values of Billtrust are upheld and you can tell people enjoy working for the company.

However, in areas such as business process improvement, compliance, and internal audit, management requires employees to lie or alter the truth to external partners, auditors, and clients; management style can be taken from any top 10 or 15 worst habits list; and there is no sense of what is or is not appropriate to share.
Pros
Healthcare, Open PTO, free fruit, challenging work
Cons
Pockets of managent that requires employees to lie, ego is more important than results, deceit is part of the culture
Perks for Management
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 3, 2018
BillTrust management is stagnant and devoid of any leadership what-so-ever, but they have great perks. I enjoy the unlimited PTO and benefits and food catered in, but really... you can find most of those perks at most tech companies now-a-days.
Pros
Great Benefits and Unlimited PTO if your manger does not brow beat you when taking it
Cons
Management is capped out on their experience, there is no one inspiring anyone to do great things just some complacency to keep the perks
Growth is too quick/Management needs training
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 14, 2018
The company is growing faster than the management can keep up with. The training of the managers is severely lacking, but hopefully they will be addressing that in the coming year.
Pros
Many perks
Cons
Poor management and training
Very talented pool of individuals
Client Success Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 2, 2018
My job ranges from sales, project management, product enhancement, process improvement, client retention, increasing revenue and margin. Working with a book of over 300 clients. Senior Team Member engaging with multiple departments on collaborations. Meets with C levels for process improvement, while performing daily activities that are client facing. Crafting and delivering presentations. Work load is not realistic. In my opinion.. my team of 4 should be a team of 6.
Great Place to work.
Manager, Product Delivery/Certified Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 27, 2018
Loved the job and the company. Worked there for 2 years 8 months. The people were amazing to work with. My team that we created was excellent and really made coming to work every day amazing.
Friendly and productive atmosphere throughout the company
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 7, 2018
It did not matter what area of the company you worked in. All employees treated each other well and the higher-ups always took their employees' ideas into consideration. One of the slogans that was commonly used amongst colleagues was "Thank God it's Monday," which spoke greatly to the level of ideation and productivity that flowed throughout the business no matter what day of the week it was. There were always changes being made to Billtrust's services that benefitted their clients and helped gain new ones.
Pros
Free lunches, genuinely nice people
Cons
No benefits for interns
Data Architect / Data Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJanuary 5, 2018
It is great place to work with and great people. Relaxed work environment and better work and life balance. Collaborative work environment and cheerful managers.
Pros
nice Place
Sacramento OPS
Operator (Former Employee) –  West SacramentoOctober 12, 2017
I worked as an inserter operator. It is fast paced which I like and everyone works well together and gets along great. Lots of QC and attention to detail. We had lots of BBQ's and company lunches/donuts. Lacking support from HQ to fix software issues.
Pros
Friendly team oriented environment
Cons
No support from HQ
Growing but stable
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJSeptember 19, 2016
Billtrust is a company that is growing quickly but it still has a small company culture. The people I work with are smart and I have learned more here than in past companies where I didn't wear as many hats. I like the advancement potential and I like the transparent communication from the Senior Management team. The perks and ability to balance my family life are a big plus. I would say that the downfall is that you have to be able to multi-task here because of the speed we are growing sometimes there aren't enough hours to get work done without working smart and delegating when possible. I don't like to be bored so that is fine with me but it does differ from large company environments where there is not so much constant pace and change occurring. It just isn't a culture for everyone but for me it is a place I keep learning and growing.
Pros
PTO plan is great, lots of food, events, flexibility on hours when needed, CEO is hands on
Cons
Pace is fast, a lot is expected and status quo won't work
Management put pressure to people
OPS (Print/Mail support) (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 22, 2015
always pushes operators to work fast , it seems like quantity is more valuable than quality. never listens to any operator suggestions.
Fast Paced, Explosive Growth, Fun Perks
Product Manager & Director of Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJApril 15, 2014
Billtrust has been growing quickly since they founded and they can't seem to hire enough employees to handle all the work. As a result there is a lot of pressure and lots of extra hours, but the management provides good benefits and lots of fun employee events. Hosted lunches, outings, free fruit and coffee.
Pros
Free Fruit, Lots of employee events
Cons
Lots of hours and never enough people to handle all the work
Good stable job trying to go public. Acquired a smaller company and going through some growing pains. I marketed and cultivated ongoing relationships.
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 15, 2013
Good work atmosphere, good people. The things I have to do over and over again are the hardest part. Enjoyable part is being successful in sales.
Pros
stock food
Cons
growing pains
Start-up mentality, growing company, employee perks
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJuly 8, 2013
I worked at Billtrust for almost 6 years and enjoyed the company as it grew from 35 to almost 200 employees. I that time the management has changed and the company has become more "big" company focus. Although there are nice employee perks like free fruit 2 days a week and monthly BBQs in the summer, the work is constantly growing and changing and requires overtime and lots of flexibility.
Pros
Free fruit twice a week and summer BBQs
Cons
Constant focus changes, lots of overtime
Fast-Growing, Challenging Work Environment
IT Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJJune 24, 2013
This company cares about their employees and encourage moving up in the company. The management can lean towards favoritism at times which, at times, challenges the employees even more to succeed. The CEO cares about all of his employees and takes the time to get to know each and every one of them. This brings a nice personal touch to the job.
Billtrust Feedback
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 11, 2012
It's a nice company in a market that they have cornered. The company is growing at a faster rate then they can keep up with and employees are burning out from the work loads. You'll obtain some great skills here and work with some great people, but it's really difficult to balance work and home.
Pros
treat employees well, some great co-workers, good perks to working there
Cons
growing pains like crazy, everyone is overworked and burnt out
So far so good
Quality Control and Inventory Control (Current Employee) –  Hudson, MAApril 30, 2012
Billtrust has recently acquired Mark Altman and Associates. So far everything is good.
No comments
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJMarch 19, 2012
Good people but not good managers.
No planning so constantly putting out fires.
No budget for long term growth.
Pros
ceo
Cons
some executives.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Billtrust. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight