Billy Casper Golf Employee Reviews

Professionally frustrating
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Greenbackville, VANovember 7, 2018
Billy Casper Golf is a third party management company that only really cares about the bottom line. They don't care if the patrons are happy, they only care about how to get their piece of the pie. The General manager that I worked for was the most selfish, self centered, egotistical person I have ever met. After multiple complaints to the HR department at VOS with no result, I finally gave up. Upper management was pleasant, but ineffective which made support non existent. Golf operations is their specialty, upper management cares very little about Food and beverage operations which affects the consistency of their end products.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Everything else
A great experience all around
REGIONAL ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 1, 2018
As a General Manager, you're tasked with updating daily reports, scheduling and training staff, coordinating with vendors, overseeing inventory control, monitoring rate fluctuation, social media marketing, program and event marketing, and responding to online reviews. Typical work week is 70+ hours of on-site and after hour working.
Pros
Job advancement for those willing to relocate
Cons
short term contracts/leases on properties
Run away if you love yourself.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 19, 2018
LONG hours, zero support from upper management, no resources or training offered, very low salary, disconnect between culture at VSO and the courses, no communication, lacks innovative thinking, poor client relations.
Pros
Free golf....if you ever have time to play again.
Cons
Everything.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJAugust 9, 2018
BCG was an enjoyable company to work for. The training and annual meeting was top notch. The corporate management was great energetic and extremely positive. Family type of atmosphere.
Pros
support from management, knowledgeable, training
Cons
reporting, postions and programming was somewhat a cookie cutter approach
Don't Do It!
Chef (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 18, 2018
I was told that I had reached my pay cap, at the same amount I had started at. I was told I was better off finding something better, and that I was going nowhere in the company. I felt very underappreciated.
Pros
Free Golf, Food
Cons
How the Exec Chef ran the kitchen
Nice workplace culture
Data Entry Associate (Current Employee) –  Reston, VAJuly 16, 2018
I have enjoyed my time so far working with the people at billy casper golf. the management is professional and friendly, and the overall workplace culture is relaxed and enthusiastic. would reccomend
This was a fun place to work.
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hinsdale, ILJune 8, 2018
The typical day at work was challenging and I learned to work on all types of equipment. The management were fair and efficient. the work atmosphere was friendly.
Pros
a learning experience
Cons
not enough hours
Excellent company
Food and Beverage Manager (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLMay 17, 2018
LOVE WORKING HERE SHAME WERE CLOSING WOULD WORK FOR THEM AGAIN ANYTIME. Great pay competitive jobs, excellent management structure willing to relocate any good employee
laid back, waited for customers to come in
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 3, 2018
Great experience that I would not want to do again. It was eye opening that there were adults stuck in the same position as me without little to no room for advancement within the company. I had a great personal relationship with my manager but the general manager was anti-social and stayed to himself.
Pros
downtime
Cons
salary
Corporate not the best but decent gig
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 20, 2018
Not the highest paid but fairly relaxed work environment. Could be fast paced at times but overall if the team was communicating things would get done in a timely manner. The main problem is the lack of cash outlay from corporate to maintain courses they feel arent' bringing enough money in. As a result less people come and they are willing to spend less money and hours get cut and the course falls from grace as a nice place to golf.
Fun Company to Work For
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 18, 2018
Working with Billy Casper Golf has been enjoyable. They have ample opportunities to grow with the company. Support is is always available as needed. The company respects their staff and treats you like family. If you're looking to be coddled and given a sticker for every good thing you do, then you should work somewhere else. Honestly you should not work in the golf or recreation industry.
Pros
Free golf, bonus opportunity
Cons
Long work hours
Great company with growth opportunity
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 10, 2018
Billy Casper golf was extremely fair in compensation and benefits. Great opportunity for growth and exceptional team work to achieve set goals. Corporate support team was tremendous.
Pros
Great benefits, compensation, and great teamwork.
Cons
Upper management needs to be let go. Not impressed at all with upper management professionalism.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 3, 2018
Not really impressed with upper management. Lots of favoritism in company. I shouldn't have to teach VP management how to skirt a banquet table . Ha! What a joke. I stay because of my fellow co workers. I would never work for them full time . Strongly recommend seeking new management at many locations.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Over worked and under paid . Its all politics.
Decent place to work until....
Greenskeeper (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, WVFebruary 27, 2018
Where do I begin, well first the pay is not great for the work you have to do its considered extremely underpaid. The company wants you to think that they care, but they really don't care at all! You have plenty of work until Autumn then you go from 40+ hours a week to just under 20, and in some cases 0 hours a week. If you're part-time you won't get vacation, or benefits. They say after 10 consecutive months you can get full-time its hard to when your busiest season is spring and summer.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Pay rate, No benefits for part-time
The Worst!
GM (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 5, 2018
I worked for BC as a General Manager and it was one of the worst experiences I ever had in the golf industry. The management was horrible, the pay was way too low for the responsibilities, the hours will kill you. They own you and you will have no life. If you love the golf industry and value your work/life balance DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Free golf
Cons
Everything else
Not worth it
Outside Operations (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 3, 2018
Overall the job wasnt to bad. Only downside is picking balls from the water and not having reliable resources for those water picks like broken weighters with holes in them and nets with holes in them
Pros
Chill, good employees, free golf
Cons
Easy but very boring place to work
Golf Course Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 7, 2018
It was an okay place to work at. The buildings are in very poor working condition and the station I worked had walls rotted away. Therefore I was constantly exposed to the environment. I also had no equipment for night operations or a heater for working in the cold.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Poor working condition, not a flexible place.
Good place to work if you enjoy being outdoors
Forman (Former Employee) –  Haymarket, VAJanuary 4, 2018
Fast paced work environment. You stay busy. Work hours & pay are good. Management is good at delegating different tasks to each employee depending on the individuals strengths & abilities.
Good Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Flanders, NJJanuary 2, 2018
Learned how to operate large vehicles (mowers, tractors, backhoe) while working under good management. Working outside is enjoyable, and manual labor is rewarding but not overbearing.
High responsibility, low pay and treated very poorly
Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIDecember 16, 2017
Extremely poor management
Does not properly staff for work day
Days tend to be 12+hours with high responsibility and low pay and appreciation
Violates Health Code in Kitchen
Allows staff to drink on the job
Corporate office knows of issues of health, discrimination and alcohol abuse and does not act appropriately
Pros
free golf and free alcohol
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Billy Casper Golf. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Billy Casper Golf.

Powered by Comparably