Biloxi Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

A lot of unhappy employees
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 15, 2018
I worked there for 7 months and there was so much negativity on the unit and nurses were under staffed. There was one nurse that would always fall asleep on her shift and we had to wake her up. glad I left when I did
Enjoyed working at this facility
Staff Registered Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530February 2, 2018
There is always room for improvement, but for the most part, I loved my job. The best part about my job was the diversity in the patient population, and of course my coworkers.
i like the medicine and i love work with patient.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 23, 2018
me gusta trabajar en un buen equipo de trabajo y ademas de que es fundamental para sentirse bien uno mismo.
Employee's worked as a team with a positive attitudes.
Management (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 13, 2018
Biloxi Regional Hospital provided me with a tremendous opportunities for challenges and growth. The administrative team worked together to improve patient care and quality of services provided. We as a team improved patient wait times, physician recruitment, and highly qualified nurses, technicians, and mangers. It was over-all a quality experience.
Pros
Administration, employee's, and support staff.
Cons
Limited space for facility expansion.
Serving the public during their trying times.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSNovember 2, 2017
Did a lot of filing, some computer entry, pulling charts for doctor's review, and did weekly inventory; manager introduced me as her "right hand man"; and I learned some medical terms.
Pros
Doing different things each day.
Cons
Being one of the many that were laid off.
Great place to work.
Medical Technologist, night shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 2, 2017
Great place to work. Love the location. Located just walking distance from the casinos. Everyone is a team player. Everybody helps each other. Great hospital
relaxed place to work
Telemetry Monitor Technician (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 20, 2017
I was a telemetry tech. My job was to watch client heart patterns. The hardest part of the job was staying aweak. The most enjoyable is saving a life.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Retirement
It was a nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant Duties (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MS 39530August 8, 2017
Hours per week: 40 Home Heath Provider Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: My main role was to provide basic care to my patient, as well as to assist her with the daily basic activities that she had trouble performing alone such as bathing. My responsibilities included taking her vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and temperature. Dispensing of medication according to the daily scheduled.
lots..of..learning
Surgical Technician Extern (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 3, 2016
I was only a student at this facility but I would recommend this facility. There were good people there. They were very important and informative to me. I learned a lot while I was there. They built my confidence
I loved my job at BRMC
Unit Secertary (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJune 24, 2015
the days were busy all the time.my co workers were great to work with and my boss was great and fair to all employees. management gave good incentives.Learned new policies and procedures.
Hardest part of the job was nothing i enjoyed my job and looked forward of being there.
Pros
taking care of patients, helping my co workers.
Cons
having to quit.
Great coworkers
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSApril 28, 2015
Excellent coworkers, and Physicians

Emergency Department staff nurse

Pros: Free Holiday meals

Cons: Rare lunch breaks due to night shift

Work day includes, providing excellent care to patients, through teamwork and patient satisfaction.

I have new learning opportunities and experience different aspects of patent care daily.
It has bee difficult to retain new director's over the last 5 years. They have sought new opportunities with higher pay.
My coworkers are the best and brightest, hard working doing what ever it takes to get the job done.
The hardest part of my job is managing the patient load. Trying to support staff with 6-7 patients each.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with and the excellence they bring to our proffesion.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
Helping people is my goal
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 23, 2015
I enjoy helping people get the help they need. The hardest part of the job is being overworked because there are not enough workers for the amount of work that needs to be done.
Pros
paid for breaks that can't be taken
Cons
no coverage for breaks
Busy enviroment, poor staffing, family oriented
Staff and Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSFebruary 12, 2015
I have a love/hate relationship with this hospital. The administration is poor in the fact of staffing too many patients per nurse. Not much room for advancement. Decent pay. BRMC pays more than other hospitals on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. However, you did work pretty hard. Yet, this hospital is a family. It can be cliché at times too. After hurricane Katrina I saw not a hospital. I saw a family. During this time I saw the best & worse out of everyone. When I went to work this was not the case. Some employees lost everything; those that did not, would open their homes to those that had nothing. After this event this feeling did not change. Different companies came and would go in ownership. But, the feeling of family was always there. Yes, there are bad days, and horrible days. Then there are awesome days more often. My Manager at the time was Kim Lee RN of the ICU. She was the by far the best Manager I have ever had. I only left to find another job more mentally challenging.
Pros
Family atmosphere, Pays more than other hospitals
Cons
Poor staffing @ times.Adminstration was inconsitant @ times.
Never a boring day at the hospital.
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSSeptember 25, 2014
All of my shifts vary upon positions, but they are all 8 hour shifts. The pharmacy hours are from 7 A.M. to 7 P.M., so my work and personal time get to be well-balanced. As a former retail pharmacy tech with no prior experience in a hospital setting, I have an endless list of new things and processes I've learned here. Management is as expected at a hospital. All of my co-workers are great and display excellent examples of teamwork. Thankfully the hardest part is over for me, and that was learning a whole style of work.
political and stressful
Registration (Current Employee) –  biloxi, msSeptember 5, 2014
political and stressful. No accountability and everyone is not held to the same standard. lack of leadership throughout the facility.
Pros
Cons
nice
Very Productive work place with potential for growth
LPN II (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 3, 2014
I learn basic skills related to telemetry monitoring of patients with acute and chronic illnesses and get a chance to observe the progression of their treatment. The management has been very kind and willing to help and awards credit when due.
Pros
overtime always availabe
Cons
not enough staff at times
Caring Enviroment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bilox, msMay 21, 2014
I enjoyed working for this facility. Everyone was family oriented.
Pros
kudos
Cons
food
Nurse Supervisor
Nursing Coordinator/ Quality & Case Management (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMay 13, 2014
Rotated 7am-3pm or 3pm-11 pm shift.

Only worked every third weekend.

Attended executive meetings.

I liked arguing and justifying why nurse salaries should be increased.
Pros
Schedule
Fast-paced work environment
CPhT/ Narcotics Auditor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJanuary 24, 2014
Fast-paced work environment with continuous work load. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping patients/seeing them return to full health from care provided. My co-workers are goal-oriented and knowledgeable of position/daily job requirements.
Pros
The bonds and fellowship of co-workers
Cons
Slow promotions
family environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSOctober 11, 2013
I love this job. I would do my work and help around the hospital.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long nights