Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Don't do it!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 16, 2018
I wish I wasn't in a bad spot in life or else I would be working for another job elsewhere. This has got to be the worst place I've worked for and I have been around. From the top (plant manager) on down to (foreman) nothing but lies. It's like it's wrong to tell the truth to their employees. There is absolutely no training here, all new hires have to figure out the job themselves. It's almost like the senior workers are afraid that the "new guys" are going to steal their jobs. Days off is a joke, they work you to death and ask if you stay and work even longer WHAT THE HECK I AM ALREADY WORKING SIX DAYS A WEEK WITH OVERTIME, STOP TRYING TO KILL US PLEASE! Paychecks are never correct so keep track of your time in and out and lunches because they will steal from you any chance they can get. Enough of this rant, I know it won't change a thing, this company is way too big for it's own good.
Pros
Let me think........... I'll get back to ya one day
Cons
Lol, Bimbo is a con
The job was a good one as a independent contractor
INDEPENDENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Richland, MSJuly 16, 2018
Although this is a good job and opportunity it is a must that you stay on top of management . Making orders for the stores or accounts that you have must always be on point and deliver always on a timely manner .
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  London, KYJuly 13, 2018
the overall experience at Bimbo was one of a very good quality, the benefits and pay were excellent, as far as the management and coworkers are concerned they were alright most of the time
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
work culture, and the work/life balance
Stay far away from this company.
DISTRICT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 12, 2018
No work life balance. 12 hour day was not enough for the company. No loyalty to employees! No loyalty to their customers. Play their customers against each other! Makes false statements to customers about services knowing that they can not produce what they promised.
Worst Culture and Behind the Times
MARKET SALES LEADER (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 12, 2018
This company is stuck in the 1980s. They are behind all other sales companies and trying to catch up. Zero work-life balance - as you are expected to work seven days a week, the will bother you if and when you get to take vacation and you will get weekend calls. The hours are insane as well. Expected to work 12-14 hour days and start at 1-2am. Everything is an emergency. Upper management is constantly making threats about your job and there are a lot of secrets. The culture is toxic.
Hard & Rewarding Work
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 12, 2018
Bakeries are hot places to work. Most bakeries are Union which has its pros and cons. The company will invests a lot in people and people development.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Long days
could honestly be the worst place i worked
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 12, 2018
This place is a open runny sore that cant be healed be warned stay away. I feel like I am a leper every time I punch in another part of my body falls off. The hopeless expression on every ones face punching in explains allot. I think I have reached the bottom of the pit here. Management is worst than terrible and the maintenance dept I work in mechanics jump ship all the time. We have a stack of name plates of people who left . Enter the world of baking bread you will be licking the bottom of the toilet rim for sure.
Pros
every 365 days of saftey we get a free slice of pizza
Cons
management worst than horrible, schedual, workplace culture, 3rd Maint supervisor has a mullet
Owner operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Swansboro, NCJuly 11, 2018
Owner Operator so you work for yourself. Make your hours based on what the stores require. Have off on Wednesday and Sunday. Have to pay your own expenses.
Good company but needs lots of improvements
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 9, 2018
Not much training to help you succeed, no communication between departments. Long hours and not much direction from the managers in charge of the different departments.
Laid Back
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJuly 5, 2018
It was an easy and laid-back job. There were days that you could be slammed busy and days you were looking for things to do. Great for someone who does not want to move up.
very large company
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJuly 5, 2018
Many layers of red tape. Lots of managers. Culture very stressful. Focus on production production production.

Allowed to take free product.

Nice breakroom/locker area.
Pros
free product
Cons
stress
people are nice and friendly
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 3, 2018
love the different jobs I was assigned to do, love certain jobs, Don't like when transferred to a different job when I'm used to a particular job. Didn't mind lifting but to lift 50 lbs of ingredients and four of them for each recipe was just overwhelming for me. Was doing 22 recipes in one day.
Pros
love the people
Cons
too much lifting. can't handle it
bread
Sales / Driver (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 1, 2018
it is a timely very long days, the management team is very helpful and also the other team members. You can grow into a nice business with the company
Bimbo Bakeries was an ok place to work
Bulk Loader (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 1, 2018
Bimbo bakeries is a decent place to work i love the environment, you dont have anyone over you constanty breathing down your neck. You know what your job is and you are an adult so be responsible enough to come in and do it. There is two things that I dont like at bimbo and that is the constant late trucks and the favor I notice they give to some independent operators over others.
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 30, 2018
While the job culture was fun and light hearted, the upper management has the notion of not trying to change even if things are going your way. Production was down and they blame everyone but themselves.
Bimbo bakeries
Runner (Current Employee) –  London, KYJune 29, 2018
Alright place to work if you like indoor working and heat in the summer and come in the winter you got good people to work with and all work as a team all in all good place
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hot and no ac
Overall not a bad work environment
Vacation relief (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYJune 29, 2018
If the company pushed its managers and supervisors not to use a buddy system it would be a much better work environment i feel as if my work ethic is used against me being one of the harder workers in the facility i pushed to stay working towards a 1st shift position to reach it and be denied with out reason being vacation relief i fill in for the empty slot but I am refused to fill it permanently. So now I am looking for a better working environment with better benefits and hours.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
One sick day
Market Sales Lead (former employee)
Market Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  PAJune 28, 2018
Company was OK to work for but doesn't follow their own beliefs. "Deeply humane" and "We value the person" are a joke. Terminated over 50 associates in my area. Didn't have any clue the end was coming until the day of termination. Not enough decency to drive us home, called for a Uber driver who didn't even take us all the way home. Manager was not a leader, just a micro-manager. Heard another round of cuts coming in the fall.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad upper management - Very little appreciation showed
Pay does not equal work expected
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 27, 2018
departments within the company do not work well together. Obstacles created by the company create more problems than day to day business. Too much territory to cover with too few people.
Pros
Company car. Bonus structure
Cons
Not enough time at home. On call 7 days per week.
average place to work
District Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 27, 2018
Lots of hours
too much nepotism in SEBU North
Good ole boys club in SEBU North
from the Sara Lee group
HR is very weak
Great Benefits with company car and phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight