Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Found 989 reviews matching the search See all 1,031 reviews
Was good no more
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateNovember 15, 2018
I always enjoyed going to work at Bimbo Bakeries when I had a good manager. When they restructured and I got a new leader there was NO SUPPORT AND ALWAYS WE TOLD AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU ARE HELP ACCOUNTABLE FOR IT. Really?? I had several locations and all I did was be totally stressed out. No appreciating like my former leaders. Now the company is just about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Unbelievable a company can change and not care abouth their associates any longer. WE VALUE THE PERSON CULTURE WENT OUT THE DOOR.
very micro managed
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 11, 2018
the company was very strong on meeting or improving previous years sales numbers and supplied the means to do so.team moral was good income was good not great . benefits were good .
Pros
benefits/ payed time off/
Cons
company went bankrupt
Loved working for bimbo bakeries
Independent Operator (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXNovember 9, 2018
Working by yourself delivering bread and cakes to convenient stores, restaurants, and grocery stores is nice. The work is a little on the hard labor side but in the end it is worth it. Meeting people at these places and actually making friends is always a big plus. Even after years of not working for the company I still have friends I can talk to or be a part of their lives.
Pros
Friendly people. Pay and benefits
Good place
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, NMNovember 8, 2018
It’s a good place to work i stock the bread they give out and it’s pretty laid back i wouldn’t want to go leave unless i got a better job opportunity.
Fast paced
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lancaster nyNovember 6, 2018
The pay is good. Very fast paced so the days fly by. Management is very good at training you and won't let you go on your own until your comfortable with the job
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They are closing the plant I work at.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 5, 2018
Unfortunately I am losing my job with Bimbo. They are closing our bakery and all of us are being let-go. While I was employed I did earn a living wage and had benefits at a reasonable cost.
Fast paced
Assembly line packer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 4, 2018
If you want a job where you're constantly working, this is the job. They have positions ranging from placing trays at the beginning of the assembly line all the way to packing bread onto the trucks at the end of the assembly line. Work hard and they'll hire you on full time.
No life
Break Relief (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSNovember 4, 2018
You better not have a family if you work here. Could not planned any time off to be with my family. And God forbide if something happens to your family. They will count the days you missed aginst you, even if you have signed paperwork. The phone number in the phonebook dose not go to any phone inside the building. You can not leave until your replacement comes in, and if they don't, your stuck until The next shift supervisor finds one, if they don't forget about you. I worked a nineteen hour shift, because third and first shift did not come in.
Enjoyable place to work
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 2, 2018
I enjoyed working for Bimbo. I leaned a lot and meet a lot of friends from different countries. Management was good i have no complaint. i did not find anything hard there.
Fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2018
It's was a great chance to prove myself. Wish I could have stayed long-term. Friendly coworkers and relaxes environment. Hard work and open spaces. Awesome
Mismanagment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed the job that I was hired to do, however, it was mandatory to cover other shifts to ensure things were done, ie I was hired for a sales/marketing job in which I would go store to store and build and sell displays and work with management of the stores to build relationships and trust so that when I asked for extra displays or space, they would be more likely to approve and provide us with a good location, and I did that very well. However, I spent a lot of time prior to or immediately after being in those stores running delivery routes and/or loading/unloading trucks at the warehouse. There were many days that I would spend close to 20 hours in a day working, just to do it again the next day, all the while, this wasn't the issue I had with the company. It was the lack of respect and appreciation from the managers for the work that I did and how much time I spent ensuring things were not only done, but done correctly.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Relationships
Cons
Long Hours, Hard Work, No Support
Miserable place to work.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 29, 2018
Very little team work. There was a lot of finger pointing and people were quick to avoid responsibility. Little if any training and the machinery is in very poor condition which makes it difficult to set and maintain goals.
Pros
pay well
owner/operator
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2018
I normally begin my day at 3 in the morning. I typically work until around 1 or 2 in the afternoon. This a contract position and you the contractor assume all responsibility.
fast paced friendly environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oaks, PAOctober 29, 2018
Come in unload three 53' ft trucks sort out bread to be shipped the next day. Get shipping manifest go on computer to adjust product that wasn't received, then ship.
Fun atmosphere, co-workers get along well
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAOctober 26, 2018
12 hour day schedule is tough. I learned how to all the different aspects of the baking industry. Our Team Leaders are helpful. Co-workers are awesome.
Pros
we work 180 days a year
Cons
the 12 hour day is tough
n/a
Route Driver I/O (Current Employee) –  York, PAOctober 25, 2018
Not a job for you if you do not like long hours, dealing with customers, driving in all types of weather. As an I/O, you are responsible for your route no matter what: no sick days, no vacation or time off.
Productive work place and friendly staff members
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fredrick, MDOctober 24, 2018
Very laid back but high paced environment to work in. Staff are very friendly and everyone seems to get along very well. I would Highly recommend people to work for this company.
Good pay for production, slacking on Engineering
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 23, 2018
Good place to work for the un educated, or good starting point for the qualified wanting to gain experience and move on. The Benefits are good depending what position you wok in.
Amazing experience.
Analytical Services Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTOctober 22, 2018
Outstanding company to do an internship with. Learned more in 6 months on the job than in 2 consecutive science based lab classes. I would recommend to anyone.
Pros
free lunches
Stagnant
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 22, 2018
Acceptable at first, but went downhill quickly. No room for growth, so be mindful of that. Management issues are very common. Undercompensation is also a problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight