Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Found 1,026 reviews matching the search See all 1,068 reviews
An ok place to work
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJanuary 11, 2019
A place where many hats need to be worn in my position. Phones needed to be on 24 hours a day. Sometimes having to make deliveries on weekends after devoting between 60 and 70 hours a weekfor a normal work week.
Pros
yearly bonus if numbers were met or exceeded
Cons
too many hours trying to find a balance
Nice place to work
Regional Quality Tech (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJanuary 10, 2019
It was a nice part time job since I mostly worked in a lab solo for most of the day. It was great exposure to learn to operate new machines for product testing.
Antiquated
Market Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2019
The management is stuck in their old ways. /not everyone is understanding of the mission. They say industry experience is preferred when it should be required.
vendor
Independent Operator (Current Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Don't do it! if you want to live stressed and micromanaged, this is the job for you. You work so many hours per week and are always on the call. Managers always lean towards what the customer wants and can care less if you are able to accommodate. The customer complaints and it"s your fault. You need to fix it!
Very good.
Route Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Very Good. I enjoy working for this company, the benefits and salary are what I expected and the work like balance is also to my liking. The management is very helpful.
Ok not a outstanding job.
Assistant Chief Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJanuary 4, 2019
Onboarding is not that great, high turnovers in maintenance. Probably could use some language training for managers that don't know Spanish. Could use a professionalism boost. Shutting down a lot of USA plants in PA
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Bonus's were small vs Plant Performance / Work / Life balance off
At one time was a great place to work
Hard Working, FORMERLY Loyal Employee (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 3, 2019
At one time, was a great place to work. Over the last 1.5 years, focused solely on peoples salaries to see how much money they could cut and save without considering the persons total contribution. Many of the key management folks in US corporate and Regional Leaders have no clue what goes on out in the field, and really don't care. They are only concerned about what they can tell Grupo Bimbo they saved. MANY people have been cut unfairly but worse, many good folks have left/RAN from BBU once they saw what the management in Horsham and the Regions were doing to the good employees out in the field. They used to be a company that a person could say they were proud to be a part of..... now it is shameful to say that they work for BBU.
Pros
Was a great place to work at one time
Cons
US Corporate/Regional "Leaders" don't care about the factories, they are secure in THEIR jobs.
stacker operator
STACKER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJanuary 2, 2019
workers and management are terrible. everyone is cut throat. I would not send anyone to work there all though the pay is good. It is not worth the stress.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
fun loving place to work
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 31, 2018
More than 5 years of production warehouse experience and 2 years of forklift experience. Exemplify leadership qualities and professionalism, backed by a consistent, verifiable record of achievement. Seeking a position providing opportunities for career growth with an oriented company, in a field that amply utilizes my experience and knowledge.
Areas of Expertise:
Accurate work design completes duties in timely fashion.
Executive Forklift operator
the job was ok but didnt like management
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 27, 2018
if you like working in the heat this job is for you, If u like working in a hostile work environment this job is for you... Co workers are cool and you have to be able to work in a team setting to succeed but other than that good luck
Pros
pay good
Cons
management
unsatisfactory management practices
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 26, 2018
the availability of warehouses was limited with this company so the ride to the depot was about 2 hours. i limited my loading days to one so I packed my truck with as much product as i could so the first 2 days on the deliver was a bit exasperating to say the least. the management would tell you that they would do everything they could to accommodate, but ultimately did nothing. the return policy was also unfair due to the fact that the product received was short coded to the owner operators. hardest part of the job was the communication between management tiers. the requirements for sending in returns was also incredible time consuming and unfair tactics were used to disallow credit for no reason.
Pros
independently worked
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Don't Work Here
Baker's Helper (Current Employee) –  Sayre, PADecember 26, 2018
Unless you are only looking for a job that pays decent, don't work here. There is no advancement unless you are related to the management, yet they "don't hire family." No matter how good of a worker you are, you will be degraded and talked to like you are trash. One supervisor at my work even comes in on drugs and you can tell clearly. Even after people have told our HR about how he rages and that we're afraid of getting hurt by him, they don't care. No matter how great of a worker are, they'll break you and make you think you're not, saying really rotten, degrading, things that shouldn't be said to people.
Pros
Pay, healthcare
Cons
Poor management, no advancement, supervisors don't care.
I got hurt and was told it was a safety violation. They let me go.
Oven Operator (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 23, 2018
Lots of hours. good pay .favoritism. Hot hot hot. 103 degrees one day while working. Leave you. On your own very quickly.hateit. bad.bad. bad.bad.bad.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hotlong hours
Good company but horrible management.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 21, 2018
I did like working for Bimbo but management is terrible. They are very unprofessional. You work in assembly lines which is not terrible but it can be very hot during the summer.
Pros
Lunch, breaks
Cons
Horrible management, employees treated unfairly
I would recommend for anyone to work for the company.
Delivery Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 20, 2018
I love the challenges each day brings you never know what is or isn't going to sell, and the people I work with are all friendly. Time flies with this job, you have until 12 to merchandise the stores.
Not a fan of this company
Prodution Worker (Former Employee) –  Easton, PADecember 19, 2018
No work/ home life balance with this company you felt as though you were just a number!! Very cut throat. People were very nice to work with and helpful.
If you need a job?
machone operator (Former Employee) –  South Bend IndianaDecember 17, 2018
You have a very high pace, until you memorize everything.
learned much about bakeries, with other food industry plants. will learn how to clean a plant up.
Would take bread to a homeless shelter, lots of senior employees would not do this. Some of the ones that loved the south bend area would not think of this.
Pros
Very strong Gay rights.
Cons
Think I just described it.
I was only part-time contractor. So I didn't have a real good review..
Quality and Compliance (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEDecember 16, 2018
I liked it because I learned Quality Assurance and Compliance.. .It was only part-time, 20 hours a week. I was working a full time job during the day.
Pros
I worked by myself
Cons
Management doesnt care, Coworkers are drama, no equality
Worker (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PADecember 15, 2018
Whole place is nothing but drama high school management doesnt care about you at all you're just a pawn they figure they pay you enough to do as they say leads run the show half the time and dont do nothing favoritism is unbelievably terrible here no department is treated equality supervisors pick and choose favorites do not treat anyone equal at all place is hotter than you can imagine
Pros
Paid Breaks, Salary
Cons
Management, Supervisors, Drama, Major Favoritism, No Equality
I was a contractor under them
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 14, 2018
i was self employed they contracted me out meaning i owned my own route so my review of them is not any reflect on them. you make your own hrs depending on how hard you wanted to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight