Bimbo Bakeries USA

Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

United States1,491 reviews
Found 1,491 reviews matching the search
Learn Spanish
Learning Spanish can help you have a better relationship with costumers & management. Also to understand the product to sale better. Every store sale different & every store have a top seller. It’s up too you as the route sales professional to understand your stores to sale great. Management would love you if you end your day with sales numbers from $1500 the least every day.
Bad pay with new union contract
You start as relief driver making 20 an hr and they pay “premium pay” at time and a quarter which is 25 an hr. Start time is 2:30 in the morning and when you’re done with the route they keep you until 3 or 4 in the warehouse. You get home and if you have a family you won’t spend much time with them because you work up to 7 days a week at times. Managers all jealous of each other and talk about each other, very toxic. You have to work 70 hours to make 1400 a week. If you have no other options go work there and be a slave. Then when you get a route they pay 200 a week salary and 8 percent commission. On a route that sells 10k a week you’ll make 1000 a week old timers get 600 a week salary plus commission with overtime.
Nothing Manager's are HORRIBLE
Not nice company to work at, they tell you when you start you will get training and then they do not train you for anything, They give 10 cent raises, manager do not help nor do they care for you, Work you hard, no proper safety equipment, no inventory to fix anything but manager's want the job's done HOW, I am so happy I was able to find a GREAT job that appreciate's there workers and has all safety equipment and inventory to get the job done. And happy to get all the training so I can advance with the company which I did in 1 year Please do not waste your time at BIMBO
Good Retail Job
Overall, very basic as it was similar to all other retail environments, especially grocery. This job stands out though because the pay is excellent compared to other retail/grocery stores.
was good until you broke the "good ole boy" system
worked for them for 2 years as a maintenance supervisor. came to work one day and got fired for "lost faith in my leadership abilities". neither of my bosses was aware that i got fired until the next day.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Work/ Life balance sucks
My day starts @4 am & dont get out till 4 or 5pm every day. The schedules vary depending what route you get. Lucky for me i got a shiddy route with alot of stores. If your lucky you get a route with a little bit of stores so you get off earlier. When your new your required to work 6 days a week at least twice a month. The job is super labor intensive you gotta be fast paced, strong, & energetic. You wont last if your slow, weak or lazy. Pay is alright but were really killing ourselves out here. Putting alot of wear & tear on our bodys, lack of sleep, & lots of stress! This job is not for everyone.
Pros
Coworkers are some of the best people youll ever meet
Cons
Too much OT, never get no help, back breaking work
Okay for Part-time
The company is decent for part-time work only. I worked hard with Bimbo Bakeries and as Part-time Merchandiser and had another full-time job. Goal was to obtain a full-time Route Sales Position with Bimbo. Management only promoted relatives of current employees. Even though I had more sales and customer service background.
If your looking advancement avoid Bimbo Bakeries.
great place to work if you are super human and dont get sick
day starts at 445 am and ends at5 pm
every day its a new learning experience

the hardest part about the job is making sure blade count is right, I like the people I work with,
Worker Beware
This company and management team only cares about one thing. Cashing there checks. That’s all our current management team can do right. We have requested water and even went to H.R. nothing has been done. They are trying to micro management us but sadly they really don’t know what they are doing. Management takes credit for work you have done. There is double standards for a select few workers and the management team. Save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else.
Good company to work with
bimbo management treats employees good. Team players and trainers knows how to train new employees, better work environment, good pay and you gain a lot of knowledge.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bimbo Bakeries USA?
Very Awful.
3 Words. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE. Racist, non-inclusive, carelessness. They WILL resolve issues by harsh consequence...Has favoritisms with a certain nationality. Hires people who don’t even have their green card yet and prioritized them over others. Little to no English. They lost a very great worker indeed.
No life
The work is easy and the people are nice but there is absolutely no work life balance we work every weekend and they can make us work 6 days a week with no notice I also am making less than the ad stated they claimed it was a mistake but how is that my problem
Dead end facility 52 of 52 in the US
I would not recommend the Decatur center to anyone. Two years there and the turn around was horrendous. Two supervisors in the entire center who had been there over two years. Morale is horrible with the senior management out of touch. Experience and trust was nil or none within management which is predominantly why the Atlanta bakery is ranked 52 out of 52 bakeries in Bimbo. Four different GM's within a two year period.
hardworking job
7 days a week job , hardwork ,the more you work the more you make. management helps you with if you need them . Hardest part is early morning and 7 days a week.
Garbage management from sales managers
When you show up to the depot at 95 degree temperatures outside with the depot manager turning fans off when Independent operators get there..lots of threats and yelling all the time..I would never recommend working for the company itself thankfully I am an independent operator. Love what I do just hate the company
Great Training program, so so follow through
They have a great and all inclusive training program. They do use that to limit salary progression. They offer promotions and more responsibility but do not follow a banded salary system and use the training program to hire cheap and keep those associates on a lower pay scale.
Bimbo
Bimbo was a very good learning job as heavy & working hard! Always staying busy & making sure items are picked and shipped correctly. Boss was very specific on a lot of items and always stayed extra for hours
I can’t even say..
the job was very simple!! Most of the people that I working with one on one were nice, BUT i do believe one of the supervisors had an issue, I’m not sure what it may have been but she was very rude.
Challenging and rewarding
This has been one of the most challenging yet rewarding positions of my life. You are constantly busy with a task or project apart from running the production floor. You will be coerced to wear multiple hats, but the feeling of achievement that comes from this is unmatched. Sadly, the work life balance is non-existent. I will probably forced to look for further opportunities elsewhere as weekends are never gievn off. You will feel like you are losing your family constantly. That brings you to a choice and often, the right choice. Moving on.⁸
We are owner operators so everyone cares about the job they perform
Owner operators we mostly helped each other out and got along with each other , management was out pf touch and acted more like tyrants and felt they deserved a greater share of the profits than those of us out there doing the work. It is very very hard work but i worked hard and so i earned a good living. It cost money up fromt to buy/own a route.
Very bias and disregard for work/life balance and other cultures
Allot of management at the location that I worked previously were very bias against women. There was not a single woman in management and they would cater more to the male staff. It was very racially motivated and more likely to cater to the hispanic employee and anyone else is taken as a threat. Morals, principals and values had no place at the location that i worked in and had a high turn over rate even when switching from hiring through temps to right through the door interviews.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
2.3
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight