Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Fast paced and hot environment
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 19, 2018
Not much family time you work almost every weekend.
But the pay in this area is competitive. Health care at a decent price good retirement plan advancement in house
Productive and fun
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PASeptember 18, 2018
Bimbo bakerys is a great job with a great pay and the people in there make u like coming to work but management could be improved but the starting pay is best in area
Management was overbearing and extremely insensitive to the needs of employees.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Carterville, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Extremely long work hours coupled with a manager that enjoyed the suffering of employees made this job unbearable. First job in all my life I didn't give 2 weeks notice to. Please rethink employment here...
Cons
Insane management
Stable Company One Can Retire From
Senior Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 16, 2018
Finanacially strong company with World Class products leading the industry.

Opportunity for advancement.

Can be overly demanding for some with being on call 24/7 for some management positions and many days 12+ hours per day.

Get to nourish your family with great products for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks.
Pros
Good Benefits and People
Cons
Can be demanading for some, if work ethic and commitment to the job is not there
ok place to work.
Helper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 16, 2018
I only worked Saturdays and would wake up at 4 in the morning and leave at 11. I also worked with my dad, I had to leave because I could't work Saturdays any more not because I wanted to.
My revies
Admin. Asst (Former Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 15, 2018
The administrator to 3 executives, planned and scheduled meets, flights, paid expenses for the executives. created orders paid bills, seek vendors and maintain a close relationship with vendors to maintain the facility. Was involved with a lot of the decision making for my department.
Great company
Market Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 15, 2018
I would recommend Bimbo Bakeries to anyone. Great vision for the future with smart acquisitions to poise itself for future growth and sustainability..
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Some miscommunication
Deeply humane company with focus on quality.
DIRECTOR, NATIONAL CUSTOMERS, RETAIL EXECUTION (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 14, 2018
Bimbo Bakeries USA is a company made up of nationally known brands such as Sara Lee, Thomas, Arnold, Brownberry, Oroweat, and Entenmann's. Strong, stable company with opportunity for career development and growth. Senior leadership provides clear direction on priorities and direction for the company. Built as a family company, the culture still resonates through the company as a deeply humane organization.
Fun
Assembler/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 13, 2018
Thats a nice and peaceful job to work at. The workers are cool and its laid back. You work as a team to get the production done . Some jobs you have your own machine (work station)
Longevity at bimbo
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 12, 2018
Working for Bimbo for 31 years has been rewarding learning process lots of training and room for advancement. During my employment with Bimbo Bakeries I have raised two children and Bot a house cars motorcycles and enjoy life without being employed at bimbo my life would not be as prosperous as it is I recommend bimbo Baking Company two people that are looking for solid employment
Pros
Good pay an benefits
Cons
Working weekends
Overall it was a very stressful job but it had its perks.
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INSeptember 11, 2018
The job can sometimes be difficult, yet at times it can be the easiest money you made in your life. For every good day there will probably will always be a bad day.
Pros
They work with your schedule in if your in school and provide benefits such as health insurance
Cons
The people can sometimes be rude, the lines tend to get backed up a lot
Good company to with
Bread Baker (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 10, 2018
Good coming to work with with opportunity to grow everyone shows respect everyone knows one another And it’s a competitive job so it’s almost like you getting paid to work out which I liked it because I want to work out but sometimes I’ll get around to do it
hard work
INDEPENDENT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Is really nice company, but i really hard job, you work more the 12 hours a day.
great costumer service, great product, great team, nice company ........
Inventory
temp (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCSeptember 8, 2018
I was taught a lot by working there and I also taught others. The department I worked in was great. My manager in maintenance was excellent. The hardest part of the job was watching others sitting around with no supervision
Pros
30 Minute lunch breaks
Cons
Crazy hours
Direct management is excellent. Upper management does not "see" you. Career advancement stalls. Salary is not comparable to industry standards.
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Horsham, PASeptember 7, 2018
I enjoy my job and who I work for. They need to create fair work and compensation standards across the organization. It is their biggest downfall in my opinion. No room for advancement after a certain level.
Pros
Great direct management
Cons
Poor upper management
Producty and fun
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 2, 2018
I am excited to go back and so responsable for my dutys and out standing pro former and great benefits for family great staff iam really responsible on my jobs
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Grate
Great company to work for.
Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 30, 2018
I was given a promotion 5 years ago because BBU saw my potential. This year my position was affected by corporate restructuring. I now have a great opportunity to share what I have learned from BBU and help grow with another company in Southern California.
Pros
The company lives by its culture.
Cons
The company is too big and now has to make drastic economical changes.
Hard Work/ Good pay
Manufacturing Operator/Vacation Relief (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 28, 2018
No Life out side of work but a lot of overtime. Very fast pace and productive all the time. It is a bakery so due expect it to be hot inside all the time!!!!
Pros
horrible hours and Managment
Cons
Great Pay and Benefits
Good Values
Director of Continuous Improvement (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 27, 2018
Strong emphasis on safety and people. Leaders in the Bread industry. Lots of opportunities for advancement. Emphasis on continuous improvement and culture.
Very hot and hard work
Vacation Relief (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2018
If you can handle the heat and standing up all day it's a great job .It requires a lot of lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing up and down stairs. Some days are longer than others and you only get a 2 hour advance notice if you need to stay longer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight