Bimbo Bakeries USA Employee Reviews

Do you value your life?
Employee (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 11, 2018
Do you value your life? If the answer is yes rest assured Bimbo Bakeries is not for you. Unless you eat breathe and dream about poor quality bread manufacturing due to over run barely functional equipment along with a deep desire to be a company chew toy for no apparent reason. you will be worked to the bone dont expect to see your family and understand that seniority means nothing here. but its a great place if you know nothing and want to start a career in a manufacturing environment.
Pros
they sometimes pay you for working there
Cons
lack of life
What do you mean my job has been eliminated?
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAAugust 11, 2018
My boss was great, or I wouldn’t rate the company as highly as I did. The location was close to home so that was a huge plus. I worked as an office manager for 5 years and would have stayed at least another 6, but one day I walked into work and was told my job was
eliminated, they handed me a box, told me to take my things and go.
This company is all about $, but wastes a lot of money, then let’s low paid employees go...doesn’t make sense. I feel sorry for the people left behind as they have to do my job with no additional compensation. One of their corporate “core values” is “we value the person”. HA! So work for Bimbo with eyes wide open knowing you are expendable. Having said that I enjoyed my time there..just wish I still had a job, or any job.
Pros
Free bread, great benefits
Cons
No job security
Productive Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAAugust 10, 2018
Fast paced, multi-tasking organization where I was able to grow and develop my secretarial skills and customer service skills as I played many roles.
Benefits
Cons
Things always changing
Horrible place to work, generally poor management with no understanding of employee relations or how to actually understand people.
I work there (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 9, 2018
The management continues to cut corners in all possible ways leading to food safety violations among other things all to try and save a dime. Instead they are willing to add plastic into the food because they feel the need to reclaim old product even after it has been wrapped in plastic. The relationship between the union and management is horrible and union members are not given enough latitude to participate in the decision making process. Union members who do not contribute are tolerated to such an extent that all members slowly lose the will to contribute. Reporting of key process indicators is formulated to tell any story they would like during any given week and most weeks the information is not useful to properly determine decision making. Generally hot and dirty conditions very similar to working in a sweatshop.
Pros
Free bread and rolls up to 2 packages per day worked if you desire.
Cons
Short breaks (10 minutes), Short lunches (30 minutes), No room for advancement unless you know the right people, HR not existent instead directed to board on the wall, Response on days off and vacations are generally slow
Good salary
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2018
Good salary. Poor work and personal life balance. Not enough people to do the jobs expected without working 20 hours per day.
The really need to hire more people.
A decent Company to work for
Management Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
Most of the leaders in the company are decent humans. Some really look out for you and want to take care of their people. the just dont bring you in high enough to make a decent living.
Pros
Huge company that promotes from within
Cons
Starting pay
Great company to work for with room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hazleton, PAAugust 6, 2018
Company cares about you as a person. Work/life balance is great. Able to work from home when necessary. We have an inclusive culture that promotes diversity. I love coming to work everyday. I am not bored. Every day is different. They company provides and encourages learning oppurtunities. Pay rate is excellent for our area.Corporate communicates Business Status on a monthly webinar so everyone knows what is going on with the company. They have fantastic Health initiatives to encourage and help their associates live a healthy lifestyle. My co-workers, including management staff and hourly production/maintenance associates are like my family. I feel appreciated.
Pros
Flex schedule/ ability to work from home when necessary
Cons
Benefits are good, but could be improved upon.
Zero Integrity - High Turnover
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 5, 2018
Thought working for the largest bakery would have it's benefits and challenges. Seems Corporate and Management does not follow through on their commitments. They promise you follow up's and feedback but nothing ever gets done. I would expect better from a company which I thought prides itself their employee's.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Poor Management - Working Hours - No follow through
Productive and fun workplace
Route Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 5, 2018
I have no complaints, it all depends on your team you work under. I been with the company for over 8 years and with all the things i have learned i have been able to grow throughout the business.
Pros
Vehicle
Cons
Long days sometimes
Care about employees
Distributor and merchandising (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 5, 2018
This place needs to be run by people the understand the real needs of the market and actually care about their employees. They need to improve the quality of the bread

Want to know more about Bimbo Bakeries USA?

Ask a question
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 3, 2018
The culture of the company, employees and benefits are one of the two best companies I have worked for in my career. It was a fun and challenging job. I loved going to work every day.
Pros
work from home on occasion
Worst managed company I have ever worked for!!
poduction (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 31, 2018
You will get minamal training, management is non existent! Forced OT you will be giving up you health and your life if you work here. No weekends off. Insurance is the only good thing about this company!!
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Management sucks, and is non existent!! Hours suck!
It was great, but unfortunately they always want to push products that dont sell , management is not good and is always trying to take peoples routes
Independent Distributor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 31, 2018
Great experience. Being able to meet new people and handle bread cakes and snacks with care and love was exiting. Met with great employees and creatked a friendly environment for all.
Good place to work, take care of their employees, good, helpful coworkers
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 29, 2018
In a typical day I could do myriad things. I did everything from the bun pan line to indexing and catching. I would also assist with packaging and loading product from time to time.
Pros
Benefits, union
Great company and wonderful coworkers
Lead Outlet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 29, 2018
Company provides necessary tools to be successful in job duties. The workplace is filled with hardworking and friendly coworkers who are willing to lend a hand when needed.
great pay
Bakery Helper (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 26, 2018
this job I had when my first job coming back from school, it was a great way for me to make AMAZING money for a college kid. I was make 17.00$ a hour and for a 18 year old kid.
great place to work, extremely profesional
Route Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Castroville, CAJuly 24, 2018
1. group meeting and stretch
2. initialize hand held computer
3. load trucks by product and by stop
4. pre trip inspection of trucks (truck log book)
5. route sales distribution, inventory & returns
6. service all stops
7. return to depot, post trip inspection
8. route settlement (paper work)
9. forecast future orders
Bimbo Bakery
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJuly 23, 2018
I got this job out of college for some money while I could look for a job in my career field, I worked here for 2 months until I decided to quit, due to long days and more importantly long nights finally took a tole on my body and couldn't go in for a few days before I quit with a tear in my shoulder.
Pros
health care, dental care
Cons
long nights, lazy workers
Physically and challenging work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glendale Heights, ILJuly 23, 2018
Bimbo Bakeries Usa is an extremely big company, I learned to be successful and work very hard, job itself could very challenging, stressful, and physical. I did enjoy the job because you meet new people everyday and learn to speak and help customers but also worked many hours including days off.
Hard work but rewarding pay
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 22, 2018
Working in the bakery is tough because the equipment is outdated, always fighting fires, corporate culture is great, bakery culture is lacking but every bakery is different.

Always adding on new projects but never following up and finishing previous ones, they just kind of get forgotten in the sea of tasks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Firefighting, no advancement/training for bakery management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bimbo Bakeries USA. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight