Bingham Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Poor management and pay
Front Office Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 18, 2019
Do all I could to help the providers make the most of their days with patients for the company to push more and more on staff. Having to do more than just my job with younger people being paid more than myself was very discouraging. Trying to fix the work environment to only get handed more responsibilities and treated more like a slave than a paid worker. Praised by providers and nurses then told to do more by the manager. Training was horrible. Being trained by other employees that are busy and don't have time to train and do their job.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor Management, Short breaks, Horrible communication
Very peaceful place to work
QA Inspector (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJanuary 31, 2019
Very peaceful, respectful place to work. There is a tremendous sense of cooperation there among all, and opportunity for health improvement and flexible schedule if necessary in certain departments.
Pros
flexible schedule if necessary in certain departments.
Cons
I did not observe any cons when working there.
Growing Quickly - Great Physician Team - Effective Services
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJanuary 20, 2019
Amazing core of administrators at the top. Operates very well and has a well defined, clear vision from the CEO with amazing growth opportunities.

I would steer you away from Patient Financial Services. It is the thorn on the rose and can be toxic environment littered with bias, nepotism, and a desire to take others out for personal advancement. Leadership within that branch show a lack of awareness and seek power and control.

Awesome cafeteria with employee discounts but recent price increases. Vacation and PTO are lumped into one bank but rates are competitive, however, this company makes it super inconvenient to use sick leave. I don't know if it was abused or what led them to do this, but you must use 8 hours PTO/Vacation time on a sick day before your Sick Leave is activated.

Positive aggressive growth with good market stability. Transitioning from a motivate by fear to motivate with compassion.
Pros
CEO and Assitant Team, Physicians, Surgical Technology & Training, Operations
Cons
Toxic Business Leadership, Clear separation of Management and Front Line, Pay
Best place i workded
Cook (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDNovember 7, 2018
One of the most fun and enjoyable jobs i worked at. I would return if given the chance and highly recommend it management is great and all the staff there is great as well
Pros
everything
Cons
cant pick a shift you are always switched around
Positive and Pleasant
Infection Control Nurse (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDApril 12, 2018
There was good support for roles, friendly atmosphere and very team oriented. Positive culture yielding positive results, patient focused. They have a mindset to progress and build despite being critical access, they are expansive and forward thinkers as a management team.
Pros
Team Oriented
Cons
occassional resistence to growth by some employees
Good nurses, awful management and administration
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, ID 83221February 12, 2018
Crooked company. All about making money. No support for staff. Only want sheople in charge so no hardline questions are asked. Patients crammed into rooms like sardines
Pros
Good nurses and providers
Cons
Awful staff ratios.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJanuary 7, 2018
I really enjoy the opportunities that have been allowed to me by working at Bingham. I like the administration that is in charge of the hospital. I enjoy the staff members that work at this hospital they care about the patients.
Pros
Cons
Job to family time
Receptionist/Payroll Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDOctober 23, 2017
I worked as a full time Payroll Clerk running biweekly payroll for average 300 personnel between the hospital and nursing home. Duties were to total all time cards and enter them into the computer. Run all payroll reports, make deposits and pay all payroll taxes. I was in charge of all payroll deductions and preparation of payroll deductions. All quarterly and yearly reports and payments were also my responsibility. I also helped out in Accounts Payable with balancing the AP checking account, filing and filling in for the accountant when he was on leave. I loved working with the staff and my boss was a great mentor.
Pros
nice enviroment
benefits
Productive and fun place to work
C.N.A / Ward Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot IdahoOctober 16, 2017
Every opportunity for advancement. Great team work. Continuing education opportunities . Will work with your life when scheduling work days.great benefits like discounts and health care.
Pros
Great schedules
Cons
Coworkers are great, the rest could use some improvement
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDOctober 9, 2017
The pay is not as competitive as nearby hospitals. Raises are rare. There are times when new hire wages create rifts among current employees. Environment is improving, management is starting to show more interest in getting employees what they need to provide good pt. care.
I can't believe how much I love it here!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Human ResourcesApril 3, 2017
Working at BMH has been life changing! I love the caring culture. I love how friendly everyone is. I love that management cares and listens to employees. The culture that BMH strives to create is like nothing I have ever seen before. Each employee makes it a point to say hello to each other and to honestly be invested in each other's well being. It truly is incredible. I love being a part of something this positive each day.
Pros
The employees. The environment. The culture. The food! Amazing health insurance plan.
Nice place to work but no job security
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMarch 30, 2017
Nice place to work but no job security not much to report other than the management was all over the place and didn't provide any training for newly created positions.
Really do not care about their employees
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMarch 2, 2017
Worked for a couple of years here. They are always short handed. Go thru a lot of employees and the ones who work, they don't do anything to try and keep them.

Management turnover is ridiculous. Some are not even qualified to manage.
Pros
some of the people are geat
Cons
management, no raises during whole time employed
Under Staffed, Rough management, but the residents will steal your heart in Long Term/Rehab
CNA (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJanuary 9, 2017
Two CNA's and one nurse on a hall of 26 patients
Work with the patient and go at the pace they are comfortable with
Management was not considerate of their employees, rude, brash and were not very personable
Co workers were easy to work with, managed time well and were able to divide up the work load
Hardest part of the job was the shortage of staff and not being able to respond to all of the patients that needed help.
Most enjoyable part was learning the history of the patient and getting to talk to them about their lives
Pros
Residents, families, experience gained
Cons
management was not acceptable, high turn-over rate
Awesome.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJuly 7, 2016
Great place to work at. Great benefits. staff is awesome and our providers are very kind and are in tune with the patients.
great Hopital
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDJuly 17, 2015
I learned so much about cooking here. The special diets and regulations of the patients were to always be fallowed. Great co-workers
Pros
great place
Cons
the boss
not friendly staff members from the new person side
front office (Former Employee) –  Bingham Memorial hospitalMay 18, 2015
Started out great. was ask to take a job at front desk. was sent to several locations. most with no training. after 6 weeks as taken back for a review. was told that I was great to work with, did a good job, was always on time, was a fast learner. got the different soft ware applications. But they had to consider everyone. and I just wasn't a good fit for them. The only thing left out is that I am older than the rest of the front office staff.
Awesome place to work.
Contracts Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDMarch 26, 2015
I have never enjoyed working at a place so much. My bosses, the CEO and COO were the best bosses I ever had. I am so sad that I have to move from the area, because it was the best place I have ever worked. This hospital really cares about its patients and goes the extra mile to assure quality. I trust my life with the place.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits, tax-free meal cards
one of the best places I have worked at
Engineering lead technician (Current Employee) –  Blackfoot, IDAugust 11, 2014
First I get the men planned on the days agenda,do rounds of buildings and check heating and cooling systems. i think what i've learned most at Bingham is compassion for the patients,with management I try to see the hospital through their eyes which sometimes it is difficult but I do understand.My crew is one of the best hard working and loyal to the hospital.The hardest part of my job is getting parts for equipment at times.the most enjoyable is the people, the other employees and making people smile
Pros
family comes first
Cons
not enough men to do the job to my satifaction
Former Nurse
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Physician's servicesMay 27, 2014
A typical day is spent constantly covering your back because no matter how hard you work or how dedicated and knowledgeable you are, your going to get screwed! If you have any decent morals or values at all---run from any job this place has to offer you. Most of the co-workers were ok, but the continual management drama shows in the fear factor that the employees face day to day. The hardest part of the job was having to force myself through the door to endure another shift there. Quality, consistent care is not priority. If you value your license, run as fast as you can away from this place. If there were a way to rate this place a zero, I would do it!!
Pros
some co-workers
Cons
Management dishonesty on every level!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bingham Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Bingham Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location